EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Olympics!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Olympics!
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anybody watching the opening cerimony of the Olympics? It is so touching and spectacular and they are now playing the Italian ymn (apologize if spelling is incorrect)...
I will be glued to the TV for some weeks now, who cares about football?!?! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's delayed for the US (at least where I am), and will be on tonight. [Smile]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
It's delayed for the US (at least where I am), and will be on tonight. [Smile]

Watch it, it's sooooooooooooo beautiful!!
Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Egypt have a team for the winter olympics?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MousseT:
Is anybody watching the opening cerimony of the Olympics? It is so touching and spectacular and they are now playing the Italian ymn (apologize if spelling is incorrect)...
I will be glued to the TV for some weeks now, who cares about football?!?! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yes! Damn Football [Smile]

Can you post the words of the Italian Hymn, please ?

Do they mention us arabs in it ?! [Big Grin]

Something like, They have beaten us, They have beaten us, LALALALALA They have beaten us, They have beaten us, .....?!

[Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MousseT:

Itīs really spectacular.

But will it ever end [Confused]

Iīve been watching it for hours and hours now and itīs not yet finished.

It reminds me of Egyptians when they make a phone call, they never know when to stop [Razz]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been watching it. I loved Peter Gabriel singing Imagine
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

No Egypt. But Ethiopia has a (one-man) team! Of course, he's American. [Big Grin]

It was cool.....that little girl singing the Italian national anthem was so cute....looked scared out of her mind. [Big Grin]

tinabzz
Member # 8911

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinabzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from Italy...
everything very touching, but does someone outside Italy talk about how olympics are not respecting the environment of the mountain?!

Posts: 17 | From: italy | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

What is going on with the environment? [Confused] But no, I haven't heard anything about that here in the US....
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched live the snowboarding competition for the women - amazing. This looks so cool but at the same time I'd be scared to death if I had to get up on one of these boards. Two thumbs up for these girls. Well, gold and silver medals went to the US, the bronze medal to Norway. Mabrouk! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the golden medal went to Egypt [Frown]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com