EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Liposuction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liposuction
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I decided to do it after losing all that weight and still not being able to get skinny and get rid of these problem areas.

I'm sure most of the lovely ladies here on ES would have a good idea about a good place (clinic or a doctor), to do it so I'd appreciate any help telling me where I can get liposuction done.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would look up people who do liposuction and get the best doctor that you can find.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Focus,
please read carefully of what I am writing to you. I followed your situation that you were unhappy about your weight and then you lost - how much was it - 15 kg or so and you posted new pics. I swear you looked good before and afterwards too. Don't be so cautious about your weight, I seriously believe your weight is fine, if you want to do something about toning your body visit a gym regurlarly but please DON'T EVER GO FOR LIPOSUCTION!!!!! It's not an easy surgery, you can have complications and if its not done professionally you can look terrible.
You are still very young, if you want you can lose even more weight although I stress you not to become obsessed with it, you are fine, be proud of who you are, of your body and as I said work out at a gym, eat healthy and seriously - which woman wants a skinny guy anyway? Take care. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian Lily:
which woman wants a skinny guy anyway?

I do. [Wink] No kirsh, please.

Focus, I have no clue how old you are or how much you weigh, but I personally think that any sort of cosmetic surgery should be reserved for extreme cases.

What have you done to lose weight? What is your lifestyle like? Your diet? What sorts of sports do you do?

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
which woman wants a skinny guy anyway?

I do. [Wink] No kirsh, please.

Focus, I have no clue how old you are or how much you weigh, but I personally think that any sort of cosmetic surgery should be reserved for extreme cases.

What have you done to lose weight? What is your lifestyle like? Your diet? What sorts of sports do you do?

Well Dalia, I went on a very strict diet for about 3 or 4 months and i've been excercising and working out regularly for over 6 months now. After all that my body seems to me the same. I guess I'm the type that requires alot of time and hardwork to achieve a noticeable change.

quote:

Dear Focus,
please read carefully of what I am writing to you. I followed your situation that you were unhappy about your weight and then you lost - how much was it - 15 kg or so and you posted new pics. I swear you looked good before and afterwards too. Don't be so cautious about your weight, I seriously believe your weight is fine, if you want to do something about toning your body visit a gym regurlarly but please DON'T EVER GO FOR LIPOSUCTION!!!!! It's not an easy surgery, you can have complications and if its not done professionally you can look terrible.
You are still very young, if you want you can lose even more weight although I stress you not to become obsessed with it, you are fine, be proud of who you are, of your body and as I said work out at a gym, eat healthy and seriously - which woman wants a skinny guy anyway? Take care.

Lily it's not like I'm having a total body make over for god's sake. I'm just trying to eliminate some problem areas which I realized i've had my whole life. They'll never disappear no matter how much i lose weight and work out. They don't require a huge operation i think, but they're causing me huge problems as long as they're there.
I'm just tired of being always cautious about what I wear so as not to reveal them, and I'd like to stop for once being ashamed of walking half naked on the beach everytime I go on vacation. So please help me out.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhhh.... My favorite topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Focus, I lost 35 KGs...
I know where ur comin from since i have been there and done that. I lost that weight when i was 19 and it took me a loooooooong time.

Working out and a healthy diet doesnt affect yr life in 3-4 months!!!It took me a couple of yrs to change it from "diet" to lifestyle.

I havent had pizza, donuts , ice cream in YEARS!!! I forgot chocolates and fizzy drinks (i went shopping today and took these croissants in and out of my cart around 6 times, then OUT) and i cook everyday. I even bake healthy cakes.

My weight seems to be stuck at 56 nowadays(for 5 yrs now)..and i still follow the diet and minimum exercise (My routine dropped gradually from 5 times a week at the gym-2 hrs , to 3 times a week 1 hour aerobics, to two times a week yoga and now once a week yoga and walking everyday does the trick for me.)

I admit I visited a cosmetic surgeon last month! He kicked me out! But i insisted and went to another one who asked for 7000 dollars to turn me into perfection. He sent me photos with the expected results and no thank you ...i will save my money!!!!!

I know I can help u if u want a good doctor, but I wish not.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing, I understand that we all want to change things abt ourselves and we want to change it NOW!!!
But listen to this:
My flatmate had liposuction when she weighed 70 kg. from her hips and backside. The doctor told her she wont see any results in the first 3-4 months (which i didnt see)..she has to work out regularly as well and to follow a strict diet.

Now after a year she looks great (from the waist down) , laken she has a huge belly. Apparently fats wont come back to the areas operated on!!! I'd rather have a big ehem ass than have a belly!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, well maybe an informational visit and talk with an expert will let you drop your idea.

The Egyptian Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons

http://www.esprs.com/

Don't be so vain! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by focus683:
Well Dalia, I went on a very strict diet for about 3 or 4 months and i've been excercising and working out regularly for over 6 months now. After all that my body seems to me the same. I guess I'm the type that requires alot of time and hardwork to achieve a noticeable change.

Hm. I think I agree with Ng – if you've been very overweight or very unfit (not suggesting you are, just assuming it could be the case) then a few months won't bring about significant changes. The human body needs time to adjust and change and it's not good to try to bring anything about by force.

You say you went on a strict diet and did lots of sports, yet your body hasn't changed. Does that mean you didn't lose any weight at all??? And it sounds a bit strange to me that after working out regularly for half a year you shouldn't have noticed any changes.

My personal observation is that people who have done no or little sports before usually notice a change in their physique during the first half year / year of taking up a workout routine, that's why I'm a bit surprised at what you say ...

What kind of workout did you do?

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Dalia,
I agree abt the observation on the half/whole yr outcome. But then again I'm reminded of what my trainer used to tell me.
He'd say that i can easily put some parts of my body in shape ex: my stomach and legs (Which took less than 6 months)..but other parts will take longer time ex: my thighs.

Focus hasnt mentioned yet the targeted area. May be this is what he's focusing on. May be it's one of the difficult areas and he doesnt even bother to see the outcome on the rest of his body.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Maybe he should tell us a bit more so we can give him some better advice. [Wink] [Razz]
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Focus, come on... we r all ears here!

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
..... and eyes! Some pictures please!
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
alright, I can't believe i'm gonna say this in public. It's emabarrassing enough to say lily, i won't make it worse by pictures.

My strict diet consisted of just 2 pieces of fruit in the morning and some meat and salad in the late evening. No carbs and sweets whatsoever. that's the only thing that seemed to work. right now i've started eating all these things again and my weight has been kind of stable since.

I do the usual gym excercising everyday. running on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and some weight lifting.

As far as I know I just got a smaller waist, although i don't know if i should consider two sizes down a big achievement. My belly however just won't get any flatter in spite of all these crunches, and, what i'm most embarrassed about, are the male breasts which I seem to have had all my life even when i was skinny long ago so I'm quite sure that's permament fat there that has to be removed surgically. Push ups don't do any good.I just want to have those tits removed for the time being. it should be a small thing shouldn't it? that isn't too much to ask.

I don't know if it's a wrong combination of excercise and diet or something else so if you've got any idea i'm all ears

_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contrary to popular belief, crunches alone won't give u a flat stomach. they'll shape your abs, but that's pretty much useless if those abs are still covered with blubber.

As for the boobs, my recommendation for u is a combination of push ups with weight lifting targeted towards that area.

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks like i came back just in the nick of time!!!

(trust me im an expert)

man boobs.
1. have someone measure you with calipers then prescribe you a 'target training zone' (a heart rate calculation based on your age) then train in that CV zone...

also.. do chest exercises (lying on a bench, use a bar with a wide grip) again... have someone perform a '1 max rep' assessment on you (how much you can push in this position for 1 attempt only) DO NOT DO THIS ALONE< YOU MUST MUST MUST BE 'SPOTTED'... then they will calculate 'sets and reps' for you... do this every OTHER day for 3 weeks and they will have reduced significantly I PROMISE.

also... make sure they give you a decent opposing back programme.. this will help stretch the chest.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
contrary to popular belief, crunches alone won't give u a flat stomach. they'll shape your abs, but that's pretty much useless if those abs are still covered with blubber.

Exactly.

It's a common misconception that if you want to get rid of fat in a certain area of your body you should train that particular area. But what good will rock-hard abs – for example – do you if they are covered by layers of fat?

Of course it's very useful to exercise all the muscles in your body – firm and toned muscles don't only make your body look (and feel) better, more importantly they help you to maintain a good posture, avoid back problems and so on and they will eventually help you to maintain your weight (or lose some, if that's what you're aiming at) since muscles burn more energy than fat – so the more muscle and less fat your body consists of, the more energy it burns, even while you are sleeping.

But if you have excess fat anywhere the only effective way to get rid of it is to take up regular cardiac exercise – and, as charm pointed out, it's important to do it at the heart rate that is right for you, otherwise it won't have the desired effect or might even harmful.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"since muscles burn more energy than fat"

dalia... what does that mean???????

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

What it means is that muscle tissue has a higher metabolic rate than fat tissue. So the higher the percentage of muscle mass in your body the more calories you burn.

But I thought that was well known ...

Dalia*
Member # 10593

" ... Increasing your percentage of lean muscle mass is most likely the best way to permanently increase your basal metabolic rate. The best way to increase lean muscle mass is by strength training. Lean muscle mass is "energy-hungry", meaning that muscle requires a lot of energy to be maintained, even at rest. One study found that one pound per body fat uses an estimated five calories of energy per day compared to a pound of lean muscle mass that can burn up to 50 calories per day. Therefore, many journals, including the Journal of Applied Physiology have reconfirmed that strength training boosts metabolism and increases lean muscle mass. As a side note, muscle weighs three times more than fat. Therefore, if you are trying to lose weight and strength training, you may not see a big dip in how much you weigh. Do not focus too much on the number on the scale. If your clothes are loose, chances are that you are decreasing body fat, increasing muscle mass and losing inches. ..."

Making the most of your metabolism

Metabolism

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After working out.... drink some whey protein, to buil your muscles and tone them.

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
" ... Increasing your percentage of lean muscle mass is most likely the best way to permanently increase your basal metabolic rate. The best way to increase lean muscle mass is by strength training. Lean muscle mass is "energy-hungry", meaning that muscle requires a lot of energy to be maintained, even at rest. One study found that one pound per body fat uses an estimated five calories of energy per day compared to a pound of lean muscle mass that can burn up to 50 calories per day. Therefore, many journals, including the Journal of Applied Physiology have reconfirmed that strength training boosts metabolism and increases lean muscle mass. As a side note, muscle weighs three times more than fat. Therefore, if you are trying to lose weight and strength training, you may not see a big dip in how much you weigh. Do not focus too much on the number on the scale. If your clothes are loose, chances are that you are decreasing body fat, increasing muscle mass and losing inches. ..."

Making the most of your metabolism

Metabolism

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Well I guess I'm convinced now that I should keep on working out at least till the end of the year before I take any serious decision. Although I was sort of in a hurry to look good this summer when I go to my annual vacation in a couple of months, but i guess i'll have to delay that for next year....again for about the 10th time now.

at least this time i'm actually doing something about it and not just telling myself i'll change then end up getting worse.

thank u all for the advice

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I am happy with your decision. And please don't be too hard on yourself, you already lost much weight by changing your eating habits and working out regularly so in time you will see even more results. Try for the following months not to completely focus only on how your body looks and how much weight you lose rather be happy what you accomplished so far and that you are a smart and healthy young man.
Oh and enjoy your upcoming vacation! [Smile]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by focus683:
Well I guess I'm convinced now that I should keep on working out at least till the end of the year before I take any serious decision. Although I was sort of in a hurry to look good this summer when I go to my annual vacation in a couple of months, but i guess i'll have to delay that for next year....again for about the 10th time now.

at least this time i'm actually doing something about it and not just telling myself i'll change then end up getting worse.

thank u all for the advice

Wait Focus, I have a very long reply for you, but I I've been too busy and am off to another country for the weekend..

There's much more that you need to know before you make up your mind.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Focus, finally I got the time to post you my point of view. I thought I should write a very long text to explain things, but I found this very good website about what you need to know. Scroll down and choose from the menu the parts you would find intersting to read.
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/causes_of_gynecomastia.html

Now here is my contribution.. What they don't really tell you about liposuction and male breasts..

To start with, you need to know that male breasts are made up of exactly the same tissues as female breasts.. And those are two types of tissues: Fat tissue (2/3) and milk glands (1/3), so yes you read it right, men have milk glands and men can produce milk, so virtually speaking men can breast feed.. But of course it doesn't happen. What does really happen is that some men excrete milk with some pathological conditions.

In the link you have a list of the reasons why male breasts would enlarge. Please ask me to explain any difficult terms listed there. A summery of these causes is this short list:

- Certain diseases of the liver, kidney, sex organs, and tumors of the brain or other organs, or infections.
- Certain medications, alcohol and doping agents (ha ya wad ya Timo [Razz] )
- Other causes, like obesity (being a fatso), stress, after a strict diet, and finally familial body shape and unknown causes.

So before we interfere with any surgery, what we first need to know, is what is the cause of the enlargement. This requires among many investigations blood tests ..etc..

Then we need to know what exactly is enlarged, is is only the fat tissue, or is it the glands or both?

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/gynecomastia_anatomy.html
(move your cursor on the pink arrows)

If the reason is the milk glands, then liposuction is not the best solution, and training is totally out of the question to get rid of them. In this case you would need a surgery to remove those glands.

Of course there is a chance that they are just fat cushions, and the best and permanent solution would be liposuction, but watch it, it needs an artist to do that. And not only a good surgeon is needed, but also the right technique and instruments are vital for the final results. And I don't think many surgeons in Egypt use the right techniques. Have a look at what's possible:

http://www.liposuction4you.com/liposuction_techniques.htm

In the clinic I'm familiar with Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL or MicroAire Technique)is the technique of choice and about 90% of the patients are happy with the results.

I still have loads to tell you but I'm getting bored now.. So I''ll post more later.. What you need to know about liposuction that they never tell you!

If you're still interested [Smile]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know this will chear u MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari so much [Wink] ...this is the nomber of one of the biggest cosmetic surgens doctors in Cairo ...Dr. Maamoon ismail 0101009795 his clinic is in Syria street in Mohandessin ....i know this will raise many questions in ur head Koshary [Razz] so bring it on if u wana have ur today's fun [Wink] hehehehe
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
i know this will chear u MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari so much [Wink] ...this is the nomber of one of the biggest cosmetic surgens doctors in Cairo ...Dr. Maamoon ismail 0101009795 his clinic is in Syria street in Mohandessin ....i know this will raise many questions in ur head Koshary [Razz] so bring it on if u wana have ur today's fun [Wink] hehehehe

[Confused]
nocluecairo
Member # 10718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nocluecairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 2 pieces of fruit and some salad in the evening ? And you are running and going to the gym on only this ? You need to eat more. Carbs and proteins are mega important for building and maintaining lean muscle mass.

Just make a life change and eat a healthy selection of foods. If the regime is too strict, the body will hold onto fat because it thinks you are going to starve. A treat every now and again doesn't hurt either.

Posts: 20 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
cellulite is just fat that collects in a different way... its more stubborn granted... but its just fat... CV training will eventually get rid of it... promise.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com