EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » VISA EXTENSION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VISA EXTENSION
iMissEgypt
Member # 10597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iMissEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHERE AND HOW MUCH? IN EGYPT?

THANK YOU

Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the passport office, in luxor this is opposite the Meridian hotel

For one year it is 96LE

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iMissEgypt:
WHERE AND HOW MUCH? IN EGYPT?

THANK YOU

i think u will find useful info here
Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iMissEgypt
Member # 10597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iMissEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I NEED ONLY FOR 2.5 MONTHS

I HAVE ONE MONTH FROM THE AIRPORT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DONT RENEW IT UNTIL 2 WEEKS BEFORE I LEAVE?

I AM IN CAIRO, AND WILL BE TRAVELLING TO ALEXANDRIA

Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egyptian consulate
Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are a westener nothing will happen, save any reciepts you have from the supermarket etc and take them downtown and get ur extension done, as long as a westener is spending money they seem to be able to stay here as long as they like.
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iMissEgypt
Member # 10597

MANY SHOPS DONT HAVE RECIEPT FACILITIES.

WHERE ARE THE OFFICES IN CAIRO AND ALEXANDRIA?

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing that really happens if you overstay your visa is that you get a fine when you leave the country or renew the visa that has run out. The fine is around 105 LE.

The rules on via renewal vary from nationality to nationality.

--------------------
Everything for me - www.Luxor4me.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iMissEgypt
Member # 10597

THANK YOU

WHERE IS THE PASSPORT AND IMMIGRATION OFFICE? IN CAIRO AND ALEXANDRIA?

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
which country
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iMissEgypt:
THANK YOU

WHERE IS THE PASSPORT AND IMMIGRATION OFFICE? IN CAIRO AND ALEXANDRIA?

Hi iMissEgypt!

The office in Cairo is in the big building in Tahrir Square, Mogamma. Ask anyone and they can direct you to it. If you get there early in the day, you can renew your visa the same day. You will have to come back several hours later, but that is better than two trips on different days.

I have renewed my visitor's visa several times and NEVER needed supermarket receipts...that was the first time I had heard anyone mention that! All you will need to take with you are a few passport photos, photocopies of your main passport page and your last visa, and the fees.

Go upstairs in Mogamma to the first floor, and go round to the left. When you get to the long room with all the windows, look for the one that has tourist visa written on it and ask them for a form to apply for a renewal of your tourist visa. They will then give you the form and tell you where you need to go next. If you tell them you only want it for three months, they will tell you how much it is; for less than six months, I think it is less than 50 LE. Be prepared for a bit of running around, but the first stage shouldn't take long...the waiting around for it to be processed will be the longest stage. Good Luck!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much better to get a visa extension than to have hassle at the airport when you leave. It is so cheap and easy.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com