EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Driving Certificate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Driving Certificate
salmanal
Member # 12626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salmanal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I have a valid US license, how difficult will it be to get one valid for Egypt?
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get an international driverslicence in the USA, that`s valid in Egypt.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salmanal
Member # 12626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salmanal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I didn't know this. Does it expire when the US-issued one does?

--------------------
In Egytian mythology, Thoth was the wisest of all the gods.

Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salmanal:
Cool, I didn't know this. Does it expire when the US-issued one does?

I thought the international drivers licensed expired in 10 years, like a passport.

I think our drivers licenses expire after 4 years.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
International driving licences only last for one year, as they are generally issued for the purposes of tourism, and they are issued in the country where you have your full licence. If you wanted to renew an International driving licence, you couldn't renew it here in Egypt, you would have to apply for it to be sent to you from your home country.

Technically, you should only drive on one of them for a year in Egypt, after that you should apply for an Egyptian licence to drive here. That can be simple if you have people to help you, but will mean a bit of running round to get health checks and the paperwork sorted out. You may also have to take a driving test too.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why when the Egyptians don't. They buy their licenses. In some cases they have more than one in case the Police stop them and take one away from them they have a back up.

This is not fantasy but hard fact from the guys I work with.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MAYBE BECAUSE THEY`RE BAD DRIVERS????

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salmanal
Member # 12626

Rate Member
The application process seems rather complicated, but I'm willing as I may stay longer than I expect to at this time; or, return from time to time.

Thanks so much,

--------------------
In Egytian mythology, Thoth was the wisest of all the gods.

king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is so easy to issue a driving license for crazy Egyptians. More killers on the road.
But I have no idea about foreigners .
there is no proper test , nothing to do , just pay money and then you can practice speeding on the road as much as you want and NO one will stop you , kill as many as you can , nothing will happen.
good luck

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magnona777
Member # 12466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had NO idea about this!! where can you get one?? Cause I drive SOO Much better than my husband [Razz] and my Bean-town driving skillz fit right in, in Egypt :)Can you just go to DMV???
Posts: 431 | From: beantown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com