EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Pigeons Used to Cure Disease?!?!?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pigeons Used to Cure Disease?!?!?!?!
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok!
so heres my question, directed towards egyptians or those who know egyptians well. so my guy is a well educated, open minded, sensible dude.

but

he keeps telling me this story about his uncle getting sick. (some type of worms in his blood or his liver, or i dont know, something) and to cure him, they called someguy, who brought pigeons. and u hold the pigeons butt over the persons belly button, and the pigeon dies in a few minutes. and you do to like 20 - 30 pigeons. and they all die. and its supposed to be a treatment.

and ofcourse, i was shocked that he was actually considering something so...um..."old school" to be real, and i told him the way they were holding the birds probably hurt them, or they couldnt breathe, and thats why they died. and then he said thats what he thought, so he held one bird in the exact same manner, except that he put his hand between the bird and the person, and the pigeon was fine.

now i just wanna know if anyone has heard of this and what the hell is it.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
Ok!
so heres my question, directed towards egyptians or those who know egyptians well. so my guy is a well educated, open minded, sensible dude.

but

he keeps telling me this story about his uncle getting sick. (some type of worms in his blood or his liver, or i dont know, something) and to cure him, they called someguy, who brought pigeons. and u hold the pigeons butt over the persons belly button, and the pigeon dies in a few minutes. and you do to like 20 - 30 pigeons. and they all die. and its supposed to be a treatment.

and ofcourse, i was shocked that he was actually considering something so...um..."old school" to be real, and i told him the way they were holding the birds probably hurt them, or they couldnt breathe, and thats why they died. and then he said thats what he thought, so he held one bird in the exact same manner, except that he put his hand between the bird and the person, and the pigeon was fine.

now i just wanna know if anyone has heard of this and what the hell is it.

This is what happens when an Egyptian guy know enough of your language before he figures out how to filter out his "authenticness".

I had heard of something like this, but from a third party. My ex would never admit to knowing anyone who would do this.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I googled it and I found a similar question on a jewish website where you ask the rabbi questions. The writer asked about it as a cure for hepatitus. And the rabbi answered in the positive!
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I googled it and I found a similar question on a jewish website where you ask the rabbi questions. The writer asked about it as a cure for hepatitus. And the rabbi answered in the positive!

There are quack Reverends, Priests, Shamans, Zen Monks, so don't think a Rabbi is above "quack" status either. We are all human!
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard about it. But I am holding onto a bottle of Zam Zam water.
There are folk cures and there are Islamic treatments, some of both seem odd. However, someone with a great deal of knowledge in these matters may be inclined to try it if they have a health problem that is persistent.
Its no crazier than some of the untested herbal and vitamin "treatments" we see in the West. WIth enough belief, it just may work.
Let us know if you find out more about this one, it is totally new to me. I will ask hubby when I get to talk to him.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and u hold the pigeons butt over the persons belly button

Sorry, this part made me laugh literally out loud!
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you imagine the smell? UGH!
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BM ® Bazoka machine
Member # 12757

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BM ® Bazoka machine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VIRUS C HABATITIS?
Posts: 126 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

quote:
Originally posted by BM ® Bazoka machine:
VIRUS C HABATITIS?

i dont know, hepititus is all i know. the rabbi said it took out the bililun? maybe, and thats what my guy had said too. btw, the rabbi didnt actually say he stood behind it, he said he had heard of it, and people believed it to work, so who knows.
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frauds always find naive people to cheat. It reminds me of something going on in Greece; some "clever" persons have persuaded others with serious diseases, like cancer, that olive leaves are good for health and cure every illness when boiled and their extraction is drinked. People are crasy for olive leaves, they pay a lot of money for them and they even order it in cafes! What's dangerous is that they stop every medicine they take and use only this "juice", and, of course, they are never cured.
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hepatitus.

quote:
Originally posted by BM ® Bazoka machine:
HABATITIS?

quote:
hepititus

It's "hepatitis", folks. [Wink]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com