EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Prisoner of Egypt!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prisoner of Egypt!!
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His father is Egyptian, he used to work for the Egyptian Army, later on in life the father went to Q8 to get a better job and create hope for a better future for his family.

Success was his work wise, his wife died after their 3rd child called R3 a boy. R2 and R1 boy and girl were old enough to be influenced by the death of their mother.

Working two jobs a day, the hard working man needs a wife and a life to give to his kids and wife.

Life goes on.

He re-marries gets a kid, divorce, re-re-marries, divorce, re-re-re-marries gets a girl and twins (boy and girl) seven kids to worry about.

Along the way R1 gets married and has kids of her own; Kids that are as old as her fathers', drama enters the family to stay.

Stay it did.

R2 one of the funniest people I've met goes to college in Egypt where we got to be more than brothers.
He has fun for the 1st few months.
The culture shocks him, drugs followed, living on his own the diluted boy learns his life's toughest lessons with addiction, frustration, depression, bitterness and hate.

Failure, his nemeses became his best friend.

An experience he definitely learned something from, what it is that he learned I don’t know.

Father hasn't learnt his lesson.

Now it's time for R3 to go to college, he comes to Egypt. Living with his older brother he learnt a lot form him and his friends, but he gained things that he shouldn't have.
An experience that made him an outsider, that made him loose respect for his brother and country.

Anger grew, he's now about to finish college. Drugs made him hit rock-bottom.

He's done with college; damage has been done and had left a deep scar that will never heal an experience so devastating that thinking of it makes me have the blackest and darkest ideas.

Detoxify he did, physically, but mentally?
Moving 1 step ahead and 2 steps behind was the scenario.
Blamed the environment surrounding him. To an extent he's right. But he's not.

Supportive and understanding I was, yet it wasn't enough.

I believe that changing environments will help a lot psychologically, agree with me he did.
Change became his ray of hope. 3 steps ahead now.

Authorities are passport freaks. If you’re a young man with 1 year left to finish college YOU CAN'T LEAVE THE COUNTRY UNDER ANY SURCOMSTANCE.

Military service is mandatory. After finishing college one needs to go trough a period of 2-3 month of paper work. One shall wait till the decision is reached exempted, or not.

Even after exemption, one still needs a "Traveling Permit" to leave the country.

My friend got his exemption, but still waiting.

The ray of hope is getting wider and stronger.

The nightmare is almost over.

After 5 years of living in Egypt 2 of which as a prisoner. That experience scared the father, R1, R2 and R3.
The damage has been done. Will it heal? Will the suffering end? What about R3? He still has 2 or 3 years left in college.

I hope it will.

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what you are saying is, the best rehab for a drug abusing young man is to leave Egypt?

When will visectomies ever become popular in Egypt?

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not trying to say anything.
only telling the tale [Wink]

Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snake poison,your tale is touching,its terrible to have an addiction,but then again we all have one addiction or the other

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com