EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Do you take sleeping pills?Notice anything different when you wake up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you take sleeping pills?Notice anything different when you wake up?
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prescription sleeping pills can cause unusual behavior like driving and eating while asleep, the Food and Drug Administration warned today.

Pills

I wonder what other things some people have done and don't remember? [Eek!] [Eek!]

What a defense for murder, "Your Honor, I killed him while I was sleeping and don't remember a thing". [Wink]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im a walking PILL any way .....
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't, next ...
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never taken a sleeping pill but have always wondered how they work. Do they knock you out completely? What if there was a fire or an emergency? Are people meant to take them, if they live alone? [Confused]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never taken them either, so I don't know.
There are times in the summer though, that I do think about trying them, especially with the noise level here all night long [Eek!] [Frown]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] Does Josette live next door to you, Laura? [Eek!] [Razz] Erm...what kind of noise? [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
[Eek!] Does Josette live next door to you, Laura? [Eek!] [Razz] Erm...what kind of noise? [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Alex is loud in the summer, really loud.
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Sono, I suspect it will be louder when Josette arrives. [Big Grin]
Laura
Member # 879

quote:
Does Josette live next door to you, Laura? [Eek!] [Razz] Erm...what kind of noise? [Big Grin] [Eek!]

ROFL!!!!!!! I don't think 100 Josies could match the noise level here, but I could be wrong [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on sleeping pills for most of my teenage years.

I move out into my own apartment and I no longer need them.

Narcolepsy was a problem for me over time, and I couldn't get my doctor to switch prescriptions or cut back on the dose because my parents wouldn't allow it.

My mom had issues waking up at 1 or 2 am and if I wasn't dead asleep it was fight time. So the sleeping pills were a God send in regards to that.

You end up being tired all day. but its better then not sleeping for a few days.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh would love a good sleep
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by al-Kahina:

That's more than a little sad. [Frown]
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Yeah but it was necessary. Home environment was the biggest factor for that.

Some point in your life is going to be rough.

NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you need pills to go to sleep, try some with natural elements, like valeriana, so as not to get addicted to them. My mom has sleeping problems and she used such pills for some time.
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could sleep. I cannot tonight and I have to be to work in 3 hours and work a 16 hour day. I tried sleepy-time tea and tylenol pm, nothing. Laying awake 6 hours now. I wont take ambien, restoril, or lunesta, they keep you tired well into the next day. They make me groggy. What will I do?? I've been having this problem alot lately. Im very upset........ [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ambien has been a godsend to me. I have always had trouble sleeping and relied on Tylenol PM most of my life to help me sleep. The problem with Tylenol PM is that I never woke up feel really rested and still a little groggy.

I tried Ambien out this past November and wow! I woke up ready to greet the world with absolutely no groggy side effects. [Smile] I sleep maybe 6 hours without interuption and have no problem getting up in the morning. I don't take it every night because I don't want to become totally dependent on it but when I know I need a good night's sleep, it's there to save me.

My mother was really concerned about me taking it because she had tried it some time ago and experienced sleepwalking. She'd find a banana peel in the kitchen and it turns out she had gotten up without knowing it, eaten the banana, and gone back to bed. [Eek!] I have not had any problems with sleepwalking (at least that I know about!).

Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've never taken a sleeping pill but have always wondered how they work. Do they knock you out completely? What if there was a fire or an emergency? Are people meant to take them, if they live alone? [Confused]

You'd still wake up if you heard an alarm or something. It's not like being put out with anesthesia or anything although every now and then that wouldn't be a bad idea for me. [Smile]

I'm a very light sleeper so they basically help me not wake up to the slightest little sound.

Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Thanks for that explanation, Bonzo. [Smile]
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
I wish I could sleep. I cannot tonight and I have to be to work in 3 hours and work a 16 hour day. I tried sleepy-time tea and tylenol pm, nothing. Laying awake 6 hours now. I wont take ambien, restoril, or lunesta, they keep you tired well into the next day. They make me groggy. What will I do?? I've been having this problem alot lately. Im very upset........ [Frown] [Frown]

I'm sorry to hear that you are upset, Rumicrazieluv. [Frown] Your long working days can't help, as they sound very stressful. It seems almost like your body is so full of work related adrenaline that it is hard for you to rest. I do hope it gets better soon.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melatonin is the best sleep aid, no prescription needed, 100% natural.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubblesperson
Member # 12454

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubblesperson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello dear ladies!!!

Sweet Laura, that 'defense' would fall flat - it would be viewed as a medical condition like sleep-walking (there ARE cases where sleep walkers committed murders...) and so for the court this would fall under 'temporary insanity' which then results not in jail, but hospital sentence... (Well, that's what happens to sleep walkers. With people who have taken a pill to put them into this 'automaton' - legal term - state, I actually don't know, shall look for a precedent....).

As for doing strange things unaware with sleeping pills, this happened to me once - used to always take one (Stillnoct) on PLANES (sooooooo boring). So took one, too, on flight from London to Alex after being up all night partying with friends...

I know I was on the plane - next thing I know, I see my friends outside Alex airport... I can NOT recall landing, I have no ideas how I got through customs, there was a man pushing trolley with my luggage, so I must have pointed this out to him - but I know NOTHING OF THIS!!!

After seeing friends, things disappear again - about 40 minutes later we are in Alex, I am slowly coming to (that was the feeling...). When this blank and all became clear to me, it scared the hell out of me - God knows what I did or said to anyone, I have noooooooo idea - but was obviously walking and talking to get off plane and through airport...Asked my friends whether I was weird or strange and what I said, they were all grinning awfully saying 'Don't worry, you were fine'- hmmm.

Really, really scared me in retrospect - imagine, I could have done a Josie and gone off with anyone who asked, got into a strange car or something!!!! I have never taken another sleeping pill since!!!

Greetings,
now alert Bubble

Posts: 144 | From: Egypt/Europe | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah but it was necessary. Home environment was the biggest factor for that.

Some point in your life is going to be rough.

Oh, I like the future tense, like this will be a new experience for me. [Roll Eyes] [Smile]
Laura
Member # 879

Ya Salam Bubble! What a scary thing to happen. [Eek!]

My sympathy to all those who can't get a good nights sleep. [Frown]

Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to take sleeping pills , it was nice at the begining , 1 pill was enough but then in less than a week i used to take 3 pills to get the same effect , it was then when i decided to stop taking them
i used to wake up so tired and no dreams as well

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JasmininCairo
Member # 12341

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasmininCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes,i recommend Melatonin. I have been on it for months, and i think it considerably improved my sleep. So far i have not felt any side effects.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Melatonin is the best sleep aid, no prescription needed, 100% natural.

I have a holistic cousin who knows everything about anything. No comment. She started rattling about melatonin this melatonin that and something about cancer, at that point I started to filter her out.

My problem as an adult is relaxing. St. John's wort takes care of that, but I noticed melatoniin cut down on the freakish nightmares that left me exhausted during the day. So it does something to your mind so you can relax completely.

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:

I'm sorry to hear that you are upset, Rumicrazieluv. [Frown] Your long working days can't help, as they sound very stressful. It seems almost like your body is so full of work related adrenaline that it is hard for you to rest. I do hope it gets better soon.
Thanks, swys, I finally got some sleep. I think your right, I work crazy hours and my body sometimes doesnt adjust right. I like VB's suggestion so Im gonna look into that. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com