EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How much do you pay for your cell phone bill !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much do you pay for your cell phone bill !
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey
I just got my cell phone bill, it's almost LE600.

I usually pay LE250 / month

but recently i have been paying a lot for my cell phone bill.

What about you !!

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
err, $800 or $1,000 a month US.
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow mi feng!! Somebody is making a lot of calls!!!

My cell phone bill is usually around $110.00 USD.
I can call worldwide for 39 cents a minute but I don't make a lot of international calls.
If someone wants to talk to me I mostly let them call me. Why should I pay for international calls?? If I am talking to a male I think it is his place to pay for most of the calls.
But that is just my opinion...

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can call worldwide for 39 cents a minute but I don't make a lot of international calls.
What service you have?

When I came back from Egypt, my phone bill was well over $6,000. [Frown]

But now I have 5 phones and I only pay around 150/month. But there are some extras for the kids. [Smile]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG

mine is usually around £25 a month

so is Sam's (my son) usually. However I had a very nasty shock last Thursday when opening the post - his bill was a wopping £444!!!

I nearly had a heart attack. He'd been downloading music, games and football results etc from the internet via his phone.

He is so grounded for 35 years at least.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually pay around 20 euro. When I call a mobile in Egypt, the bill rises up to 200 euro (1 euro/minute). A quite expensive habit [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
OMG

mine is usually around £25 a month

so is Sam's (my son) usually. However I had a very nasty shock last Thursday when opening the post - his bill was a wopping £444!!!

I nearly had a heart attack. He'd been downloading music, games and football results etc from the internet via his phone.

He is so grounded for 35 years at least.

LOL that looks like alot of grass cutting, car washing and other odd jobs to me. He will have to be grounded to find time to do all those jobs!
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is paying it himself out of his savings account (which is for a car when he is old enough to drive) - looks like he will just have enough for a 2nd hand Lada at this rate.

a hard lesson learnt ................... !!

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i pay between 200-300LE every month , i hope ater the third compant istalat start in egyptsoon( maybe this month) the price for 1 min comes down , i think i pay much yea , but ofcourse compared to service in usa or europe this is nothing
Posts: 384 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have no luck with keyboards
Posts: 384 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden
Member # 8430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i geuss our fixed phone bill in year 2001 was a scary 1 ,,it was 14.000..nowdays its never above 1.500 .
it was funny when my dad brought a detailed bill & made everyone circle his numbers..then it was payback time.

Posts: 74 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
He is paying it himself out of his savings account (which is for a car when he is old enough to drive) - looks like he will just have enough for a 2nd hand Lada at this rate.

a hard lesson learnt ................... !!

Hey Dawn don't diss the Lada's...they cost a fortune in Egypt...well at least the ones they use as taxis....it's something to do with the license that comes with the car. You will have to pull his leg everytime you see a really beaten up old one, that this will be his car in the future. Ah poor Sam yes its a tough lesson to learn.
My son has just had to pay out for his first car accident, doubly hard as he loved his car so much, he had saved up to buy it and never has a car been so washed, cleaned and polished. It's all fixed and new again but his bank account is very empty. It's hard as a Mum to let them learn the hard way but for the best. [Smile]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden
Member # 8430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian999:
i pay between 200-300LE every month , i hope ater the third compant ((((((((((((istalat)))))))))))))) start in egyptsoon( maybe this month) the price for 1 min comes down , i think i pay much yea , but ofcourse compared to service in usa or europe this is nothing

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
u r not boring,,u r funny...& yea no luck @ all with KB

Posts: 74 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
i hope after* the third company* itsalat**lol , i think xanax does that too
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80-100euroand that is only sms

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shebah:
quote:
What service you have?

When I came back from Egypt, my phone bill was well over $6,000. [Frown]

But now I have 5 phones and I only pay around 150/month. But there are some extras for the kids. [Smile]

Shebah,
I have Verizon wireless and I pay an extra $3.99 per month to get the 39 cent rate to call anywhere in the world.
BUT, I do have to pay roaming charges if I use my phone out of my state and that can get very expensive. But to call anywhere from my home state it is 39 cents a minute.
I have used them for over 7 years and I have always been very happy with them.

$6,000.00 phone bill!!!! I could never pay that!!!

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Verizon wireless is wicked but their is a better way on getting things for nothings and call worldwide for free. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian999:
i have no luck with keyboards

The best Keyboard to go for would be the logitech g15 with LCD Lights and also good for gaming and for typing up work.
*Link for Pic*
Gallery,

Its what im getting soon. [Smile]

Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
ah yes Penny, those good old Ladas - my dad used to have one before he considered himself too old and 'dangerous' to drive - it was a beat up old thing but it got us everywhere. One of the rear side passenger doors didnt close properly, so we had to make sure we didnt get in that side, and the passenger front door window didnt work i.e. you could wind it down but it dropped right down and wouldnt come back up again! We used to joke about it being held together with staples and masking tape. In fact, the car wasnt just my dad's, he used to share it with my uncle, Thats how poor we were!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com