EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Well done, Mrs. Smuckers!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well done, Mrs. Smuckers!!!
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, Smuck.... Mabrouk to you, hubby, and little girl!!!
I've worn a big ridge in the carpet from 13 days pacing up and down!!!
Does she have a name yet???

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congradulations Smucks!!!!!!!!!! Praying that you had a smooth delivery and many blessing to you and your hubby with your little bundle of JOY! Felicidades amiga......Lucy
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congradulations Smucks!!!!!!!!!! Praying that you had a smooth delivery and many blessing to you and your hubby with your little bundle of JOY! Felicidades amiga......Lucy
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers I am so glad its over for you ....now the fun part!! Congrats Hun!! We have to see a pic of her I know she must be beautiful!
Hugs, Y

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks to everyone, she is so cute and tiny,
her name is Laila and I will be back when I have more time and energy. [Wink]
thanks for all of the well wishes, keep the board warm for me!
smuckers

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww congrats smuckers [Smile]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to your little princess! Congratulations on being a family now! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulationsssssssssssssssssssss
wishing all the best to ur family and the littleee

Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calling all the stars to fall
And catch the silver sunlight in your hands
Come for me and set me free
Lift me up and take me where I stand

She believes in everything
And everyone and you and yours and mine
I've waited for a thousand years
For you to come and blow me out my mind

Hey, Laila!
The stars are about to fall
So what d'you say, Laila?
The world around us makes me feel so small, Laila!
If you can't hear me call then I can't say, Laila!
Heaven'll help you catch me if I fall

She's the queen of all I've seen
And every song and city far and near
Heaven help my mademoiselle,
She rings the bell for all the world to hear

Hey, Laila!
The stars are about to fall
So what d'you say, Laila?
The world around us makes me feel so small, Laila!
If you can't hear me call then I can't say, Laila!
Heaven'll help you catch me when I fall

Hey, Laila!...

Alfa mabroek, hbb...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations on the arrival of Laila
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrook Smuckers! I wish you all the best for your family [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations waiting 4 others [Razz]

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrook Smuckers!
Alhamdulillah you are all well.
Best wishes for you and your family.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Smuckers!!!

All the best to the three of you! [Smile]

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's the husband?

Hope he did not suffer too much, and you looked after him well.

Mabrook and welcome to your new addition Leila

[Big Grin]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a name a I really liked and if i had another girl I would have used. What excellent taste you have.

Many congratulations and good wishes and hope you get some sleep

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Smuckers and Mr Smuckers [Big Grin]
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
smuckers

give her es kiss [Smile]
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alf mabrook, Mr. and Mrs. Smucks!
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veronica ella
Member # 13434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veronica ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulation to you both on the birth of your daughter,you have choosen a beautiful name for your little angel
Posts: 126 | From: england | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big congratulations to you and your husband. You must be so reliefed that the birth is over and little sweet laila is perfect. Enjoy and relax the next days. They will probaly be the best in your life [Smile]
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonnaAS
Member # 5166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DonnaAS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations - enjoy every moment of her even when she is crying and you think she will never stop because before long she will be grown and you will wonder where that little mite who relied on you for everything has gone to.

Big hugs - well done!!

Posts: 25 | From: Durham, England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mabrook, sweetie! you'll be the best mom ever [Smile]

--------------------
JJ

Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
smuckers

Mabrook, Insha Allah she grows up to be pious, smart and beautiful.

lovely name [Smile]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alf mabrouk and I also love that name. [Cool]
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question is, Laila is single or not ?!

Mabrouk Smuckie, that was a Corvinous joke [Wink]

Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] oh Korven!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I'm back. [Big Grin]
Thanks for all the kind words, my husband and I had fun reading them and Korv, my husband said Yes, she's single for a LONG time. [Big Grin]

Baby is great, thank God it's all over!
Phew
[Wink]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you back.
How is Laila doing? Is she sleeping okay so far? I know you haven't had her for that long yet.
Are you excited? Scared? Happy?

I'm excited for you. Insha'allah you'll have a happy little girl.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

She's great, she's sleeping really GREAT, she eats (ouch - that's an entire different thread topic), and then sleeps for like 2-4 hours! [Eek!] I have to keep checking on her, she just smiles in her sleep. [Smile]
I'm very excited, not scared anymore, extremely happy for her, she's really cute, new babies are incredible.
Thanks for your words. [Smile]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabruk! Glad it all went so well. It seems to be ES baby boom time [Smile]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mia ann
Member # 13024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mia ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwww! congrats smuckers! this is the happiest i have ever been for a complete stranger! i have always heard that new parents cant help but check their new babe all of the time to make sure its ok!
i'm so excited for you and all Laila's "firsts" to come. i hope you will keep us up to date.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see you back, hope you and Laila are doing well.

Know well about the 'ouch' bet you can get loads of advice from the ladies here, any Chamomile based ointment is wonderful and won't hurt the baby and fresh air is the best thing if you are able to not wear anything for a few hours a day.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
She's great, she's sleeping really GREAT, she eats (ouch - that's an entire different thread topic), and then sleeps for like 2-4 hours! [Eek!] I have to keep checking on her, she just smiles in her sleep. [Smile]
I'm very excited, not scared anymore, extremely happy for her, she's really cute, new babies are incredible.
Thanks for your words. [Smile]

Great to see that all went well Smuckers. You do have a great advantage having had a 'normal' childbirth. Use your energy to focus on the feeding. Relax your body, feed in relaxed positions you like and try to prevent musclepain and the nipples will just have to get used to it. It may take some time (I had overstretched muscles for two months, can't remember how my nipples were doing becaus of it) but it is so worth it for months to come and a done art for future children who will also profit. You'll love feeding when you are past this, it is the easiest, healthiest and most rewarding way to feed your child and bond and enjoy. Drink a lot.

Demiana

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SMUCKY CONGRADS. I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR BUNDLE OF JOY HOWS MR. SMUCKS DOING? I KNOW HE MUST BE SO HAPPY A LITTLE GIRL LAILA. BEAUTIFUL NAME
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mad Hatter
Member # 13599

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mad Hatter         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very merry un-birthday to Laila! Yes Laila!
Posts: 20 | From: Alice's Tea Party | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it's going well Smucks. [Big Grin]

Got one word for you. LANOLIN [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ouch [Frown]
it's almost worse than labor pains [Frown]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same."
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabrook smucks!!! [Smile]
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look like everything goes perfectly well, Smuckers. Be happy that she's sleeping a lot. Other new and unexperienced parents don't have this kind of luck.
All the best. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers, I guess I am a little late in my congratulations to you but better late than never I guess.
So, CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your beautiful daughter Laila.
You will be a wonderful Mom.
May Allah bless you and your family...

btw, I LOVE the name Laila.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

thank you. [Smile]
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats...i remember when i had my daughter aleya...she came out with an attitude and she still has it. she didnt even cry, she just looked at me like, 'whatta you want?'

cherish every moment because it goes by really fast:(

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissJambi:
my daughter aleya...

Do you have Arabic roots? I mean how come you chose this name for your daughter?
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audbod
Member # 12901

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for audbod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, just got back from Sharm and saw the good news. CONGRATULATIONS.
Posts: 209 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com