EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What's on your lunch table today?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's on your lunch table today?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you are going to have for lunch today - whether you are at home, at work or travelling?

Well we'll have fried meatballs (beef meat) with mashed potatoes and green peas. Definitely not Egyptian food but how about you?

What's on your plate? [Smile]

(Disclaimer: I could have posted my question on the 'Egyptian food' forum but I believe it receives more attention on here.)

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deeds
Member # 13761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for deeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made me laugh Tigerlily with the 'not Egyptian food' comment. Although my father is Egyptian, my mum isn't and I was born and bred in London so my knowledge of Egyptian food is to a certain extent limited. The other day I made good old steak and chips with vegetables on the side and hubby asked where the rice was! Even the nanny had teh cheek to comment about the lack of molokhiya and bamya from my menu. [Smile]
Posts: 13 | From: Brit in Cairo | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a home made salad of apple, pineapple, raw carrott and raw red pepper. Low fat rice pudding to follow.
Drinking hot water with a slice of lemon.

(but wishing it was mashed potatoes with butter and herbs and a thick steak!) - maybe I'll have that later!)

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawn, you are not on a diet, are you? [Eek!] I know how it feels to be on a low fat one and dreaming about 'forbidden' food! [Frown]

Whatever you are eating, I wish everyone a 'HAPPY MEAL'! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 hard boiled egg
2 tablespoons cheese
pickle
assortment of carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions
MORE onions
2 taquitos
hot sauce

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers, that's not a recipe, right? [Wink]

You love hot sauce, don't you..... my husband is the same. He puts it on everything, that's what Texas did to him! [Big Grin]

Guten Appetit!

salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 small low fat yoghurt
1 pear
1 nectarine
1 small banana
2 plums
3 litres of mineral water

Gotta try and lose a LOT of weight.
Fed-up, pissed off and really want some proper food. NOW!

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love any type of Mexican food, made the taquitos homemade, so had to make hot sauce to go with it. [Wink] Leftovers from last night< I always eat it the next day for lunch. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHEESE STEAK FROM PHILADELPHIA ,PA WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS AND HOT PEPPERS [Razz] WITH POTATOE CHIPS. THERE GOES MY DIET TODAY BUT AM CRAVING ONE RIGHT NOW [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm dreaming of guacamole and garlic bread!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salexian:
1 small low fat yoghurt
1 pear
1 nectarine
1 small banana
2 plums

Be careful of the mineral water. It can contribute to kidney stones. [Frown]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what?
now water is bad for you?

I give up.

btw...had chips and onion dip....quite nutricious...lol

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chiselmonkey
Member # 13683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chiselmonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kofta, fries, tomato relish, mushrooms in garlic, mirinda drink [Big Grin]
Posts: 102 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White chocolate - big chunk - someone made it and left it on the office kitchen table for the beasts to feast on! Chomp chomp. YUMMMMM!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what?
now water is bad for you?

I give up.

Mineral water. I speak from experience. [Frown]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shebah - what is wrong with mineral water - the one with bubbles??? I love it...
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pork, Pork, and more Pork. Yummy!
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shebah:
quote:
1 small low fat yoghurt
1 pear
1 nectarine
1 small banana
2 plums

Be careful of the mineral water. It can contribute to kidney stones. [Frown]
All water is mineral water by nature.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salad with grape tomatoes and grilled chicken breast (with low fat dressing) and watermelon. It was so good!
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if all water is meneral water....then I am definately doomed. Is there some particular ingredient in the water...ie. calcium, magnesium, etc ,that we should be looking for low levels of?
I drink a ton of water per day.
any particular brands here in egypt that are better for ya than others?

oh, and I wanna get a job in Karah's office...white chocolate..yummm

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I drink Aquafina, I don't like that Baraka crap. [Razz]
salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that, Shebah. I looked into this and - yes - it is true! Some brands have high levels of calcium and other stone-causing minerals which can contribute. I tend to drink Highland Spring which is also low sodium or Volvic.

Useless information time: Did you know that you can actually get the same effects as being drunk by drinking too much water? Don't try it - you will also get very ill!

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
3fwan.

I have problems with Dasani. I love it, but I get stones fast with it. I usually drink Aquafina.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spaghetti with ketsup sauce and italian pekorino cheese (if you haven't tasted this cheese, you don't know what you are missing - it is fantastic!)
[Wink]

Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well we are leaving shortly with the kids to an indoor playground so I guess it's gonna be just FASTFOOD for us today!

ENJOY YOUR LUNCH EVERYONE! [Smile]

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Nour...where did you find that Peccarino cheese in Egypt??

oh...and eating my spaghetti & meatballs for dinner.
sigh..and I just cleaned my stove yesterday ~

veronica ella
Member # 13434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veronica ella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TO HELL WITH THE DIET...FRIED RICE,CURRY,CHIPS,PRAWN CRACKERS.EAT MY SALAD TOMORROW.
Posts: 126 | From: england | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aquafina! Is it that Pepsi crap - don't you smell something odd in it - like some kind of chemical?

Give me Siwa - anyday and everyday [Smile]

Aquafina?! hmphhh

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Useless information time: Did you know that you can actually get the same effects as being drunk by drinking too much water? Don't try it - you will also get very ill!

That happened to me about 6 years ago! [Eek!] I went to some Irish music festival with my then boyfriend who was Irish, up in NYC. It was about 101 out that day and no shade in sight. We were outside about 12 hours listening to all the bands and buying Irish goods. I drank TONS of water that day so that I would not get dehydrated, while he just chugged the Guinness. [Big Grin] I thought for sure he would fall over sick that night, but it was ME! I had too much water and not enough salt in me. I didn't feel drunk, really, more like a bad hangover, nauseated and sick sick sick.

Never again.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
Aquafina! Is it that Pepsi crap - don't you smell something odd in it - like some kind of chemical?

Give me Siwa - anyday and everyday [Smile]

Aquafina?! hmphhh

I've never smelled anything strange in Aquafina, it is Baraka that I have a problem with. I taste something strange in it and it always has an odd smell. [Confused]
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:
if all water is meneral water....then I am definately doomed. Is there some particular ingredient in the water...ie. calcium, magnesium, etc ,that we should be looking for low levels of?
I drink a ton of water per day.
any particular brands here in egypt that are better for ya than others?

oh, and I wanna get a job in Karah's office...white chocolate..yummm

All water is mineral water unless it is being altered. All you have to do is drink faucet water or well water and both contains minerals.
river_0f_l0ve
Member # 8638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for river_0f_l0ve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did it, i do not believe that i did it...

I am not in Egypt at time, but i wanted to do Fata, Egyptian Food, i called mom and asked her how i could do it, she gave me the descripation, and i did, with Bath [Big Grin]

--------------------
River Of Love

Posts: 696 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
You people are fools. Those bottled waters are nothing but altered sewer water. Ha-Ha!
SoumSoum
Member # 13769

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for SoumSoum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tigerlily:
[QB] What you are going to have for lunch today - whether you are at home, at work or travelling?

Well we'll have fried meatballs (beef meat) with mashed potatoes and green peas. Definitely not Egyptian food but how about you?

What's on your plate? [Smile]

apples, only

Diet Diet Diet Diet Diet

Posts: 15 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
SoumSoum, only apples? [Frown] Are you on this diet already for some time?

Today we'll have tomato-zucchini-gratin (with gouda cheese) and white rice for lunch.

I know my kids will hate me for that (not the toddler he still eats everything) and ask for a sweet dessert! [Confused]

SoumSoum
Member # 13769

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoumSoum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
SoumSoum, only apples? [Frown] Are you on this diet already for some time?

Today we'll have tomato-zucchini-gratin (with gouda cheese) and white rice for lunch.

I know my kids will hate me for that (not the toddler he still eats everything) and ask for a sweet dessert! [Confused]

hi Tigerlily,
i am trying to loose some weights since i was born [Smile] .
yesterday i spent all the day eating vegetables and a my cousin visit us at midnight having choclate cacke, tab3an it goes without saying , i ate 3 slices [Smile] [Smile]
today is only apples,

you can prepare for your kids fruit salad. it is too easy to prepare it ya gamil

Posts: 15 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hi Soum,

I know what you are talking about. But believe me eating only apples today will get you even more hungry in the evening. So you better go early to bed! Be strong and resist any kind of tempting food especially so late!

Fruit salad for the kids? I guess my sons would be okay with it but my daughter would scream..... she only eats apples and strawberries unfortunately. I can literally chase behind her with a banana! [Frown]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com