EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » British grandmother marries bin Laden’s son in Egypt.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: British grandmother marries bin Laden’s son in Egypt.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A British woman has married a son of Osama bin Laden after a holiday romance and is to apply for a visa so that he can visit Britain, The Times has learnt.

Jane Felix-Browne, a 51-year-old grandmother and parish councillor from Cheshire, has until now kept her marriage to Omar Ossama bin Laden, 27, secret from everyone apart from her immediate family and close friends. But she has now agreed to speak about her relationship with bin Laden’s fourth eldest son.

“It would be nice if, like any other married woman, I could stand up and say this is my husband and this is his name, but I have to be realistic about things,” she told The Times. “I hope people don’t judge me too harshly. I married the son, not the father.”

Mrs Felix-Browne says she is aware that some people will be hostile to her marriage. Among the numerous terrorist plots linked to her new father-in-law are the London suicide bombings on July 7, 2005, the July 21 plot, and the recent attempted attacks in London and Glasgow. “I just married the man I met and fell in love with – to me he is just Omar,” she said. “I hope that people will take a step back and think what it was like when they fell in love. He is the most beautiful person I have ever met. His heart is pure, he is pious, quiet, a true gentleman, and he is my best friend.”

Related Links
Al-Qaeda threat over Rushdie knighthood
Multimedia
Pictures: British woman and bin Laden's son
Mrs Felix-Browne, who has been married five times previously, met Mr bin Laden in Egypt in September while undergoing treatment for multiple sclerosis. She says that their fairytale romance began when her future husband saw her riding a horse near the Great Pyramid. They were married in Islamic ceremonies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia and are awaiting permission from the authorities in Riyadh to make their marriage official.

Mrs Felix-Browne is still coming to terms with the practical difficulties of being the daughter-in-law of a man with a $25 million (£12.5 million) bounty on his head. “Omar is wary of everyone. He is constantly watching people who he feels might be following him. Not without reason he is fearful of cameras. He is the son of Osama,” she said. “But when we are together he forgets his life.”

Mrs Felix-Browne already knew some members of the bin Laden family through her Islamic marriage to a Saudi man in London when she was 16. She believes that she actually met Osama bin Laden at a party in London in the 1970s.

Omar bin Laden left Saudi Arabia as a child when his father was expelled for his extremist beliefs, his wife said. Living in exile in Sudan and then Afghanistan, he saw at first hand the creation of al-Qaeda and its techniques. Mrs Felix-Browne said: “I never had any problem with his past. Omar did not do anything wrong. He was a child when he was in Afghanistan.”

She said that her husband left Afghanistan before the attacks on the US on September 11, 2001. However, some reports claim that he split from his father only after the attack on New York and an argument about tactics.

Mrs Felix-Browne insisted: “He last saw his father in 2000 when they were both in Afghanistan. He left his father because he did not feel it was right to fight or to be in an army. Omar was training to be a soldier and he was only 19.

“He told me he has had no contact with his father since the day he left him. He misses his father. Omar doesn’t know if it was his father who was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. I don’t think we will ever know.”

Apart from their religion the couple appear to have little in common. She has three sons and five grandchildren and is a respected parish councillor in the village of Moulton. She has had various jobs, including restoring houses and aircraft, and is a keen rider and scuba diver.

He works as a scrap metal dealer in Jedda and is one of at least 17 children fathered by bin Laden. His father’s reputation means that he has been ostracised by the wealthy and powerful bin Laden family and is under surveillance by the security services in Saudi Arabia.

Mrs Felix-Browne, who now uses the Islamic name Zaina Mohamad, says that she speaks to her husband for several hours every day over the internet or by telephone. During their conversations she refers to him repeatedly as “Habibi”, the Arabic for “my love”. She said: “I find it very difficult to live without him and I know he does too. But really we have the most normal life possible.”

She was aware before her marriage that her husband already had another wife and a two-year-old child. “I haven’t seen her but I have spoken to her for about an hour on the telephone,” she said. “She is fine about it.”

Mrs Felix-Browne was initially reluctant to discuss her new husband but news of their relationship inevitably began to leak out in Britain and the Middle East. “I don’t want any of my family distressed or upset by my actions,” she said. “I know that for everybody who likes me there will probably be a million enemies.”

Now she hopes that Mr bin Laden will come to Britain. “He would like to spend quite a bit of time here,” she said. “There is no reason why he should not come to live, but I don’t think he would like the weather.”

Mrs Felix-Browne said that the couple hoped to use their position to help to heal the wounds caused by her father-in-law. “All we want is peace in this world and I will do all I can to promote it.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2056380.ece

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt he would need to marry for a visa.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would he marry a woman who is 24 years older, has an incurable sickness, and has been married before for 5 times???
She doesn`t look cheap on the pictures, he does!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

nor for money for that matter ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what people wont do for attention.
Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Bin Laden`s son is asking for a visum for GB, because he married a 51 yr. old lady. The lady has been married before for FIVE times.
She is or at least has been living in the Arabic circuit, regarding the fact that she married at least one (first marriage) and that she claimes to have met Osama in the 70`s.
Somebody who has been married for 5 times and is going along with Arabic immigrants...
In every culture she is a woman with a bad past,
because she has had that many marriages.
Even a donkey is learning from expierences, so I can`t imagine this were all just failed marriages. Every Arab shall ask himself questions before getting into a serious relationship with a woman with that kind of past.
Unless.... she is one of the women who offer marriages to man who want to come to GB.
I can`t imagine any normal thinking woman would marry for the sixth time, because again she is hopelessy in love. And if she isn`t able to think normal, her children would interfere.
They don`t, so I think it is a fake marriage.
I don`t think he will get a visa for any Western country. Because there are numbers of facts speaking against both...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never know, sixth time is the charm [Big Grin] [Razz]

NO seriously, I've heard of bad luck before but that's just too much.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I expect her to show up on ES, complaining. At least they met near the ONLY TRUE WONDER IN THE WORLD, rather than in Sharm or Hurghada.
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:
I expect her to show up on ES, complaining. At least they met near the ONLY TRUE WONDER IN THE WORLD, rather than in Sharm or Hurghada.

[Smile]

You nailed it ... on both occasions!

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This woman has been FIVE times married before (never found the right jockey, eh? [Big Grin] ) and I believe it's enough reason for the British immigration authorities to question this marriage and don't let him on UK ground.

I wouldn't either.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrsC:
what people wont do for attention.

Hey, I don't believe my eyes!!!! [Smile] You are back on here? GREAT! How is everything going? How's the marriage? [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrAshraf
Member # 12894

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrAshraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok ES cougars and old biddies, which one of you married Bin Laden's kid ?
Posts: 77 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goes to show ya not all 50+ are fat, ugly with moles hahahaha!!!
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrAshraf:

[Big Grin]

Yeah, I wanna know too!!!!

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrAshraf:

Wasn't me this time, but if I look like her at 51 you can be sure I will marry something of that age too! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey here's a picture of them both. She surely gets younger by the minute. [Cool]

http://themoderatevoice.com/places/europe/united-kingdom/13986/i-hope-people-dont-judge-me-too-harshly/

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Some more infos about her:

Councillor changed name to escape a troubled past

David Brown

After newspaper and television reports around the world yesterday, Jane Felix-Browne said that that she was prepared for the inevitable revelations about her past.

But she insisted that she had done nothing to be ashamed of.

She said that she had grown up in Cheshire, had run away to live in London aged 15 and was later kept in secure accommodation. As a teenager she changed her name to Jane Felix-Browne to start a new life away from her troubled past.

“I don’t care what people say happened when I was young,” she said. “I was beaten as a child and I was locked up for a while. I have been married before and I know that some of my husbands may say unkind things about me. There is nothing I can do.”

At 16 she was married in London in an Islamic ceremony to a student from Saudi Arabia who knew the bin Laden family. They had a son, now 33.

In 1978 she married again and had two sons, now 28 and 27, before the marriage collapsed 3½ years later. She married for a third time in 1985 and again in 1991.

She married Andy Yeomans, a fellow member of Moulton parish council, in 1996. The marriage ended in July last year and they divorced in February. She believes her sixth marriage is for life: “I think Omar is going to be faithful. This is the last one.”

She confirmed that she had undergone plastic surgery, including a breast enhancement 13 years ago and larger implants inserted two years ago.

She said she has also had a facelift and a tummy tuck.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2062141.ece

sheila
Member # 514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
51, 27, yawn...... [Embarrassed]
Posts: 13 | From: london england | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Hey here's a picture of them both. She surely gets younger by the minute. [Cool]

http://themoderatevoice.com/places/europe/united-kingdom/13986/i-hope-people-dont-judge-me-too-harshly/

Nice pippy long stockings braids. [Roll Eyes]
Yet another woman trying to hold onto her youth by ruining the youth of an actual youth. [Frown]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
So, it isn`t only the marriage, what`s fake...
BUT, this is not what I wanted to say. This has been world-news, because it is the son of Bin Laden. So, the whole world has an opinion about this marriage, this couple, this woman.
Untill now, I haven`t seen anybody who is taking this seriously. They all think it is an unreal relationship, from the worldpress to the individual visitor of many public boards.
Everybody is convinced: This is fake.
Why?
Because it is Bin Laden`s son?
Because of the way the woman pictures herself?
Why is this situation so different as numbers of situations here on this board?
I`ve never thought about it, but this woman has a troubled past, how many women are there actually, with an unreal life, seeking for something that doesn`t exist?
There will always be people who say they can offer them what she is seeking for. But, is it real?

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

It isn't different from the numerous marriages on this board of may december romances, that is why it is so humerous. I personally don't think it's fake because of who his father is but because of the age differences.

I could care less the background (even though any person would be suspect for 5 previous marriages) it's the age...he's young enough to be her son, enough said. Also, she's a picasso, did you see her picture?

Picasso: she looks good from far away but once you get close everything is all messed up.

She also has what the men in the states call BUTTER FACE.

Butter Face: Everything looks good but her face.
[Razz]
ok, sorry, weird mood today. [Big Grin]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
So, to stay on American ways to express: How many butterfaces/Picasso with a troubled background are there anyway?
And how many young men are there, prepared to join them into HER illusion?
Or is this just a woman who is taking financial benefits to mislead immigration services?
And how many young men are there, prepared to join them into THE illusion?
In both ways it is an illusion...

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

How many butterfaces/Picasso with a troubled background are there anyway?
In that age group or older ? Probably many. I wouldn't say all, I've met some who were lovely.

And how many young men are there, prepared to join them into HER illusion?
In his age group? Probably several but what surprises me are his family connections, I would guess he has money, right?

Or is this just a woman who is taking financial benefits to mislead immigration services?
Now that is definitely a thought! [Smile] Would he REALLY need to marry to get through immigration? [Confused] I mean being who he is, something about it doesn't make sense, but your proposal is an interesting one. [Wink]

Again, I don't know their story, perhaps they're really in love and happy...one never knows. BUT on the surface of things I would put my money on the otherside...then again I'm an optimist. [Razz] [Big Grin]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Misleading immigrations seems unlikely to you, but I know women who are doing or who have done this, several times. It brings them money in a rather easy way, lots of money.
It should declare the 5 marriages and the Arabic connection...
Maybe she has payed all that surgery by this... [Wink]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well how the UK authorities are viewing the fact that he's already married in Saudi Arabia?
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ohhhhh [Big Grin]
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
A British woman has married a son of Osama bin Laden after a holiday romance and is to apply for a visa so that he can visit Britain,

She is only going to apply for a visitor's visa for him, according to the articles, not for immigration.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
The first article also states:

"Now she hopes that Mr bin Laden will come to Britain. “He would like to spend quite a bit of time here,” she said. “There is no reason why he should not come to live,..."

So they are playing with the idea. What is he gonna do, bring his wife and kid over later on so they can live all happily ever after?

deeds
Member # 13761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for deeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The UK acknowledges that people of different cultures may have more than one wife but does not allow them to enter the UK as a wife if the man in the UK already has a wife living with him - confused? [Smile] Basically bigamy whilst in the UK is not allowed but acknowledges that it happens abroad. In effect therefore Omar bin Laden's Saudi wife cannot come to the UK as his wife. Now if she were to come - go rather - on a tourist visa and declare political asylum I'm sure our lovely welfare system would provide her and her daughter with a flat in which they could live and benefits that would pay for more than they could afford in Saudi on a mechanic's salary. Sorry feeling very anti asylum seekery this morning.
Posts: 13 | From: Brit in Cairo | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Thanks for the explanation, deeds.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Did anyone see his picture? [Confused]
Is he sporting a MULLET ??
[Eek!]

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little history about the new Mrs bin Laden

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=467830&in_page_id=1770

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:

ROFL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Razz]
lol I can imagine the conversation when they met:
Her: Hi I saw you riding your horse you looked so sexy

Him: yea, I love riding my horse in egypt I look so exotic.

Her: nice to meet you

Him: and you too my lovely. my father is Osama bin laden

Her: cool

Him: yea it is cool, I have experience with explosives, it's in the family,
in bed I am THE BOMB

Her: comeon and rock my body

Him: I don't want to break your hip

Her: don't worry I've been married 5 times already * I'm still pretty limber from
the last marriage.

Him: bizzabt kedda

Her: what does that mean?

Him: it means I love to marry you granny, you could teach me things
no beautiful 25 year old arab girl with no wrinkles or sagging boobs
could ever teach me, do I smell BEN-GAY?

Her: no, that is VICKS VAPOR RUB, just ignore it.

Him: oh I love that smell

Her: Good I'll let you massage me tonight and use it all over my body

Him: I have to be careful because I know when you age your skin gets thin,
I dont want to tear the skin, I will massage sooo gently

Her: oh yes my Arab stallion, but you know you are young enough to be my son

Him: that's ok, nothing wrong with that it means we understand each other,
thats all

Her: yes and our love is true and for real and everlasting

Him: oh yes....err what is your name?

Her: true love means never having to ask silly questions

Him: you're right, just call me ABU BIN LADEN, lets go to the ministry of justice NOW

Her: oh yes, hold on I have to get all of my previous divorce papers ready

him : well hurry up woman, I must have you NOW

Her: we can make out in the taxi

Him: girl, you is DA BOMB!!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BREAKING NEWS:

Omar Osama Bin Laden, the son of the al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden, has moved out of the house he shares with his English wife Jane Felix-Browne after only three months of marriage.

Bin Laden, a scrap metal dealer in Jeddah who already has an Arabic wife, has told friends that Felix-Browne "snores like a foghorn" and has "talons for toenails". He left the home in Moulton, Cheshire on Tuesday when Felix-Browne, also known as Zaina Mohamad al-Sabah, asked him if he "wouldn't mind getting on with the ironing" whilst she "made some bombs".

Jane Felix-Browne, 51, is known in the village as a quiet, unassuming, teetotalling parish councillor, but behind this rosy facade, lurks a monster.

Already on her sixth husband - three of the others died grisly deaths - she is covered in unsightly tattoos and is famous in Egypt for 'horsebreaking'. She dresses from head-to-toe in black, is fluent in Arabic and chairs regular meetings of the Cheshire Ladies al-Qaeda Sympathisers Circle.

The couple were married in Cairo on 1st April, the ceremony being marked by a volley of machine gun fire and a 21-grenade salute.

Yesterday, Mr Bin Laden headed out of Manchester to be reunited with his 'normal' wife, and was asked what his immediate plans were.

"I'm off back to see our lass in Jeddah for some bloody peace and quiet!", he said.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i21775

[Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

HAHAHAHAAA !!
[Big Grin]

THIS IS BETTER THAN MINE WAS! [Razz]
LOL LOL

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More details on her former marriages!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007320415,00.html

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
He left the home in Moulton???

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
He left the home in Moulton???

It's not real. [Wink]
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a suprised news, isnt it? what is the real background of the marriage? I think I am better in everything than her hihihihi [Big Grin]
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com