EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Am I the only One?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I the only One?
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here have anything positive to say about Egypt or Egyptians specially Egyptian males? If you do Please feel free to join me here *in this post* in the lalla land.
Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lots of positive things to say about my honey.
*hearts*
[Big Grin]
But I'm afraid I'm the only one here who really cares.

Also, I know of many positive things about Egypt, for now just from reading and listening to Egyptians.

Soon, I will have my own positives to report (along with some negatives I'm sure).
[Razz]

Why don't you tell us what you find positive about Egypt and her male population!

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalOne
Member # 13363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalOne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Why don't you tell us what you find positive about Egypt and her male population!

Since I'm an Egyptian male I will be biased and whatever I say may lack objectivity. So I do not want to sound as a self centered bla.bla.. as I was accused to be. but it would be nice to hear people who always whine about Egyptians to say something nice once in a while specially if they lived there for a while.
Posts: 176 | From: Proud to be Egyptian | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zaphirelee
Member # 11074

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaphirelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met some very nice Egyptian men. They tend to be working most of the time. That might be why a lot of people on here haven't met them.
Posts: 153 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Egyptian is honest, very respectful, very generous, and someone who will go out of his way to help people.

He though, says he has not met a single Egyptian he's liked since he came to the U.S. (all of the ones he's met drink, gamble, have sex, etc)

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz
Member # 13525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plenty of normal Egyptians around me, they are busy making a decent living to give the best to their family.

For the non Egyptians: in our culture men that don't provide for their families, are not reliable.

Posts: 215 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my hubby is the hardest working man I ever met. Honest, does not drink, womanize (lowers his gaze), strong belief in God.
Shop keepers that I have met - 1 in particular comes to mind - he is my fruit/veggie man. He has taken things out of my bag, and substituted a better one.
Relatives have been both good and bad. One extreme or another. Either they want to take advantage in any way they can, or they are like my hubby.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, and he said, while in the states, that he didn't trust ANY egyptian that he met there. Said that they were just out for themselves.
seemed strange to me at the time, then saw first hand exactly what he was talking about.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you have a strong man, Jean-Bean.It`s not easy to get not infected...
Be proud of him...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
personally love egypt and have found an equal amount of good and bad people there.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eshtadiva
Member # 13742

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eshtadiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a keeper. I find that Egyptian men are very strong men, at least all the ones I know. They care about their families, take care of them and work hard. My husbands whole family took me in like I was one of their own from the very begining. The Egyptian people as a whole are the most helpful people I've met anywhere in the world. Can you imagine trying to buy something in the states without speaking the language? Someone is always ready to help here. And I've always felt accepted by them.
Posts: 68 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eshtadiva:
I also have a keeper. I find that Egyptian men are very strong men, at least all the ones I know. They care about their families, take care of them and work hard. My husbands whole family took me in like I was one of their own from the very begining. The Egyptian people as a whole are the most helpful people I've met anywhere in the world. Can you imagine trying to buy something in the states without speaking the language? Someone is always ready to help here. And I've always felt accepted by them.

When you`re in a shop in The States, and you`re able to make clear what you, nobody should be able to give a hand? I think it depends on who is at that shop, that time. It can be somebody who is helpful, it can de somebody who is not.
And also I think that that`s universal.
You can be lucky and meet the good one, and you can have bad luck and meet the wrong ones.
The only thing to be aware of is, that in Egypt, often wrong ones are placing themselves in the frontline. So, it is more likely that, in touristic area`s or internet, you will meet bad ones.
Often a good one is keeping his dignity and will not present himself on the first line.

It is nonsence to state that there is one universal character connected to a nationality, a race, a gender or a religion...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, GlobalOne!

This is a great topic. Even though my intimate experience with an Egyptian guy was NOT a positive one, I know that he is the exception and not the rule. And I believe that his being "Americanized" has made him a player. He doesn't pray... as far as I know. He drinks wine. He has left a string of women behind him (with illegitimate children to show for it). It's disconcerting.

When I became involved with this man, I came to ES to find out all the good stuff about Egypt and Egyptian culture. Then I sought advice when things started to get bad. I guess that women come to ES seeking advice because, despite the fact that American women are portrayed in the media as being loose, many of us are truly good people who just got into a bad situation. It could happen with American guys or guys from other cultures as well. I suspect if you went on a website that focused on another country or culture, you would find many similar threads.

I know there a lot of really nice Egyptian guys out there. You sound like one of them. [Smile]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will say this, as much as people seem to put Egyptian males down they are the heart and soul of Arabs. The radio has Egyptian singers, musicians and Egyptian Islamic scholars dominating the airways. There are so many Egyptian males that it is with certainty that you will have many bad ones.

Don’t judge Egyptians by the typical Hurghada/Sharm/Luxor pathetic toy-boy/party-boy type.

It is a fact if a credible Muslim leader were to declare Jihad, half of the Sa3eeed would respond. Egyptians abroad many times lose control but many who are ambitious in life are decent (not overly pious but decent) and have made wonderful new homes in Egypt for their families. Again some lose themselves and I know a few, one who tattoed “Allah [in Arabic] “ on his arm (he lost the plot) and another who became an addict to cocaine.

Some lose it. It is as simple as that. Let’s do the math, how many lose it?

Let us be real, Egyptians are judged by the ones we meet and the ones that ES members seem to meet are your no good, good for nothing variety.

Many Egyptian men are indeed men and many are your pathetic dweebs.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sobriquet:

Don’t judge Egyptians by the typical Hurghada/Sharm/Luxor pathetic toy-boy/party-boy type.

We don't ... trust me ! [Smile]

Besides the nicest Egyptian guy I met so far, lives in Hurghada.
No party-boy, no toy-boy and certainly not pathetic [Wink]
Just veryyyy good humour and optimistic guy, nice and loyal friend.
One who keeps his promises (if we do not take time into account ... lol ... cause he is always late)

[Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sobriquet:

We don't ... trust me ! [Smile]

Besides the nicest Egyptian guy I met so far, lives in Hurghada.
No party-boy, no toy-boy and certainly not pathetic [Wink]
Just veryyyy good humour and optimistic guy, nice and loyal friend.
One who keeps his promises (if we do not take time into account ... lol ... cause he is always late)

[Wink]

I don’t know who ‘we’ is? But I believe you

The OP asked us to post something positive and I said it like it is. The ‘we’ is not true because if you believe what some of the ES members are writing, then you might reach the conclusion that most Egyptian men are bad.

I think some of these ES members simply vacationed to much in the gutter and see nothing but gutter. How can you judge a people when you are not even assimilated with them. How can you judge a people by your limited experience? How can you judge a people from your posh apartment?

How when you make it so obvious that you are nothing but a god damn $ sign!

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt has a high to very high population of handsome men.

Luxor/Sharm/Qena/Hurghada all have decent gorgeous loving and honest men just like everywhere else, it just that the women who marry them don't write about it here so everyone here thinks they are all bad.

They are not.

--------------------
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOOOhhh, why are you getting so personal ???
Who says I live in a posh apartment ???
A god damn $ sign ???
(sounds like an insult)

Did I say anything wrong ??

ok, I should have said ; I don't judge Egyptians by ... (instead of 'we')
I just wanted to say something positive about Egyptians, ok ???

That's all ...

but ok, I know like 15 egyptian persons, one lives just one street away from here so I cannot say 'the egyptians' ... (that's what you meant with 'you are not even assimilated with them', right ??)

Anyway, have a nice evening ...
I am not the quarrelling-type, I respect all people's opinion

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
OOOOOhhh, why are you getting so personal ???
Who says I live in a posh apartment ???
A god damn $ sign ???
(sounds like an insult)

Did I say anything wrong ??

ok, I should have said ; I don't judge Egyptians by ... (instead of 'we')
I just wanted to say something positive about Egyptians, ok ???

That's all ...

but ok, I know like 15 egyptian persons, one lives just one street away from here so I cannot say 'the egyptians' ... (that's what you meant with 'you are not even assimilated with them', right ??)

Anyway, have a nice evening ...
I am not the quarrelling-type, I respect all people's opinion

Women [Smile]

It is not all about you beautiful [Smile]

The very first sentence pertained to you, the rest wast directed towards ES. I apologize if you thought it was directed towards you. It's not i just used your post to reply and voice my opinion.

Do you understand what i mean? I hijacked your post to voice my big mouth [Big Grin]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh and i thought i was sensitive

yalla you gonna reply dg

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
[Smile]

I was busy looking out of the window of my posh appartment ... loooooooooooool
therefore I did not reply immediately

No, just kidding ... [Wink]

The OP asked to say something POSITIVE about egy males, right ??
So I just wrote something positive, the first thing I thought about.

I agree with Gail, this is a nice topic !
so let's keep it verrry positive [Wink]

sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
[Smile]

I was busy looking out of the window of my posh appartment ... loooooooooooool
therefore I did not reply immediately

No, just kidding ... [Wink]

The OP asked to say something POSITIVE about egy males, right ??
So I just wrote something positive, the first thing I thought about.

I agree with Gail, this is a nice topic !
so let's keep it verrry positive [Wink]

You got anything valuable in that 'posh' apartment of yours besides your heart? Some expensive jewelry perhaps [Big Grin] , a nice painting, some antique silverware [Razz]

Yes lets keep it light-hearted and positive [Smile]

cheers

advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree too, I think we should keep this thread positive, there are far too many threads which are not on ES
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
ahhh Sobriquet, are you a burglar ?? lol [Big Grin]

The only paintings I have are made by my kids, verrrry valuable to me [Smile]

I don't own expensive jewelry, nor antique silverware ...
so u can save yourself the trip [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess we all have a tendency to judge or stereotype people based on what we hear from others. I think we're all intelligent enough to realize that a few unsavory men are not a good example of all men in Egypt or anywhere.

At the same time, you know... American women get a bad rap because of how we're portrayed in movies and on TV. I'm thinking we just have to keep an open mind about it all. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ahhh Sobriquet, are you a burglar ?? lol [Big Grin]

The only paintings I have are made by my kids, verrrry valuable to me [Smile]

I don't own expensive jewelry, nor antique silverware ...
so u can save yourself the trip [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Don't be so suspicious! [Cool] [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com