EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Do foreigner who live in Egypt Love Cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do foreigner who live in Egypt Love Cairo?
mohkhamis
Member # 9209

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for mohkhamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do foreigner who live in Egypt love cairo and can live alot in Cairo ??
If she marrried and have a baby can she be adapted here?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 8 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohkhamis
Member # 9209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohkhamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by all pollution in cars and canyon and rabish in all streets do they can live and adapted here especially european
Posts: 62 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by all pollution in cars and canyon and rabish in all streets do they can live and adapted here especially european

yes they can, I know many foreigners ( Europeans and others) who live happily in Cairo. They have adapted quiet well with the culture and have accepted its advantages and inconvenients

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she can if she has an egyptian husband who is honest and faithfull. She would have to be married to someone who knows his own people, the way they are the way they think and act.
To be a single woman in Egypt would be very hard if she had no trustworthy honest male friends, or female europeans with Egyptian husbands.

Lying, cheating, and stealing is endemic here, and quite acceptable in society [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some women do adapt and cope with the differences, others can't. As TOOT Suite says a lot depends on the support network they have, and this is the most important factor, not just from their husband's family, but also from people from their own background who have a positive attitude and can support them through the adaptation.

But a lot also depends on their own adaptability and willingness to overlook/learn to cope with the many challenging aspects for the many good aspects. Some women come with unrealistic expectations and are not able to cope with the differences, others just find it too overwhelmingly different.

Another factor that is important, is their financial situation. If finances are tight it will make it more difficult for most foreigners to adapt, as they will not have the same skills as local women to manage a tight budget in Egypt. They won't know the short-cuts and some will need familiar things from home to soften the culture shock, and imported goods are always more expensive.

Another factor is their language skills, if they can speak Arabic it will not only mean that they will have a better understanding of the culture, but they will also be more included and not feel so isolated and dependent.

I'm not sure how many foreign women actually "love" Cairo, but many do adapt and make it their home.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TOOT Suite [Smile] :
she can if she has an egyptian husband who is honest and faithfull. She would have to be married to someone who knows his own people, the way they are the way they think and act.
To be a single woman in Egypt would be very hard if she had no trustworthy honest male friends, or female europeans with Egyptian husbands.

Lying, cheating, and stealing is endemic here, and quite acceptable in society [Roll Eyes]

You are SO right.
Mr PC is Egyptian,and is only too well aware of the pit falls for a westerner living here. He has guided me through many a challenge, and there have been many challenges even for him as an Egyptian. Buying a flat and car just to mention two.
Egyptians try to con Egyptians......even more so when they are with a westerner [Eek!]

Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its very hard for a European woman to come alone to live anywhere in Egypt unless its as part of a work placement where she will be assisted with accomodation and easily be able to fit into an expat network from which she can then get to know the real Egypt.

To come without any support network would take a very special, and determined lady to cope with life in Egypt.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES. But firstly the woman should come in free pieces (I assume she is your wife?).

It depends on a couple of factors if she will adapt to life there or not. You already received very well replies from others but let me add a little here.

If she's not adventurous, not self-confident, very attached to family and friends back home, didn't experience other cultures and will not have the needed support once she arrives - like people mentioned already before me - living for her could become ugly. Also the financial aspect should play an important role. She might have problems to accept a lower lifestyle on what she was used before back home if this is the case. Since she is living in a total different culture many new things will suddenly come up to her which she will have to work through.

The best way is to let her see Cairo herself and then decide, it's fair enough. Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did come alone in the first instance.
I had no idea what to expect. But I was able to adapt in stages. I came for a month, then 3 months, then 6 months. This time was for me to see what life in Egypt was all about
I had no backing from a company or the ex pat community until I discovered an ex pat community on the internet.
It was just me and Mr PC. But three years later I think we have got it together so to speak. There have been many ups and downs. But you can get that where ever you live... [Smile]

Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pink cherry:
I did come alone in the first instance.
I had no idea what to expect.

Me too. All I had was my Egyptian guestfamily and felt the huge need for adventure! [Wink] I simply wanted to experience something totally different than Germany.

Mohkhamis, to come back on the issue that a baby will come along to live in Egypt. Kindergardens are widely available - many of them offer foreign language programs - but Cairo doesn't have any public playgrounds what you have in many parts of Europe. The only option is to purchase a membership for one of the sportclubs.

I also advise to bring as much as you can baby/toddler furniture and supplies (LOL I am not talking about diapers here! [Wink] ) with you as products are usually more expensive and harder to get in Cairo. If you don't get something in Cairo - you won't find it in Egypt.

Your embassy will recommend you pediatricians.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohkhamis
Member # 9209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohkhamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
problem i took my wife from abroad to the hell in cairo and she shocked and refuse to born child here even i m member in one of th esports club and have car and flat but weather hot and pollution over me so i donot know whts ot do

--------------------
Mohamed Sayed

Pink cherry
Member # 13979

quote:
Originally posted by mohkhamis:
problem i took my wife from abroad to the hell in cairo and she shocked and refuse to born child here even i m member in one of th esports club and have car and flat but weather hot and pollution over me so i donot know whts ot do

Where is she coming from?

It might be an idea if she visited in stages as I did in the first place.....at different times of the year. I like this time of the year here. It's cooler and blossoms are coming out on shrubs and trees

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Well that certainly doesn't sound good, mohkhamis. I really don't know what to advise. But as PC pointed out maybe she can start to take more frequently visits to Cairo until the point where she gets more used to the environment.

If this doesn't work out you might have to consider to move to a place where you both feel comfortable with. Good luck! [Smile]

mohkhamis
Member # 9209

Rate Member
she is from Old youghslafia

--------------------
Mohamed Sayed

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mohkhamis:

Does she have any contact with any other people from former Yugoslavia? If not, it might help her if she did. You could try to get in touch with Al-Azhar; I am sure that they have students from her part of the world studying there, or her embassy.

Does she speak English/Arabic and which part of Cairo do you live in?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiamisa
Member # 13751

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiamisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mohkhamis:

Must contact the embassy!Thats the only way!I stayed also like 3yrs without any friends and i gave hell to my husband ,i suffered like a horse till i met some girls from my country and since then im so fine!!
Bests.
K

Posts: 46 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohkhamis
Member # 9209

Rate Member
She is paying monthly and I donot know when I will back for her all of this money,

--------------------
Mohamed Sayed

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com