EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Another for the Cairo lot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another for the Cairo lot
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] another wild goose chase for you lovely lot in Cairo.

A4 card. or A anything card but not the thin flimsy stuff I can get here thats the size of a small dining table. Coloured, printed patterns, am looking for all sorts of card.

Envelopes, all sizes and colours

have trawled the streets here and not having much luck [Frown]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you mean by 'thin flimsy'?
Do you mean stiff / rigid card?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the card a decent birthday or occassion card is made from. All I can get here is the thin stuff that cheapy chearful christmas cards might be made from or its even thinner than that, you know what I mean?? Not heavy cardboard.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will take a goosey gander next time I'm near an art shop
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
are the art shops in cairo bigger than a toilet? [Frown]

I need a day in Cairo [Big Grin]

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Samir & Ali in Shehab St Mohandeesen - I can spend hours in there [Big Grin]
I've always had a stationery fetish and the joy of my life was to be made Stationery Prefect in the 6th Form at School - free reign of the stationery cupboards - ooh I've gone all fevery [Wink]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
[Eek!] ooohh sounds like my sort of place!!

Next time you go in I want a FULL and detailed report of whats in there, right down to the last pencil sharpener [Big Grin]

I think I will be coming up for a day soon [Razz]

--------------------

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha
Did you try the little stationery shop that services the art college? I only found it when I took Lee to the college for a nosey round, they had everything you could think of in there!
Just around the corner from you, down Zenatti towards Pub 2000, turn right at the end and its tucked away hidden in the corner. I never even knew it was there

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like stationery as well!

i used to have one of those little post office kits when I was little, loved stamping bits of paper all day!

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Thanks Shareen, i will be trotting off round there tomorrow [Big Grin]

--------------------

Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
i like stationery as well!

i used to have one of those little post office kits when I was little, loved stamping bits of paper all day!

Ditto....seems to have followed on to my daughter, give her pen, paper, stickers and other bits and pieces, she is the happiest child in the world [Smile]

Good luck in your search for card Ayisha [Smile]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
Ayisha
Did you try the little stationery shop that services the art college? I only found it when I took Lee to the college for a nosey round, they had everything you could think of in there!
Just around the corner from you, down Zenatti towards Pub 2000, turn right at the end and its tucked away hidden in the corner. I never even knew it was there

Just been !! [Eek!] shelves of card!! all colours, thick and thin. thanks shareen it was great, I will be a regular there [Big Grin]

Now I need envelopes of all sizes [Cool]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also a stationery shop in City Stars opposite Spinneys.

I go in there to get my plasticine [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Samir & Ali shop.

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
There is also a stationery shop in City Stars opposite Spinneys.

I go in there to get my plasticine [Big Grin]

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GBA
Member # 14862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about a printers shop?

Samir & Ali (?) in City Stars has a selection of card and canvas.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad to be of service Ayisha!
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Ok, now looking for double sided tape. Its like sellotape but is sticky both sides so it sticks one thing to another. Anything like this in cairo??

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
bumpedy bump

come on guys someone must know!

--------------------

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn I was in Carrefour this afternoon AND passed Bernasos in 6th October!! [Mad]
I forgot to ask!!

If he goes tomorrow I will get him to check it out [Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby said they have it in Carrefour.

German made and 6.25le a roll and the roll he reckons is about 3 metres long.
Just like a roll of sellotape but with paper on one of the sticky sides [Wink]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com