EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Air Conditioning wanted!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Air Conditioning wanted!!
temporarilyhere
Member # 15961

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for temporarilyhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

Does anyone know where i can get a good deal on a window AC in Cairo?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a small one today in Carrefour, but did not notice the price. Are your windows able to accommodate a "window" a/c? Most of them here have to be installed through the wall.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u can buy one here at walmart for 89$ a 5000 btu

haha like thats any help right..i put mine in the window. it takes 2 to cool off my huge appartment

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temporarilyhere
Member # 15961

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for temporarilyhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, when i say window AC i mean the one that you have to make a hole in the wall to fit it in.

The other one is called a 'Split AC' where the motor bit stays outside and a small pipe comes through the wall.

If anyone else is going to Carrefour can you please check it out for me (brand, size etc).

Thanks

Posts: 34 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The AC that you mean for a hole in the wall is the same used as window AC,too.
The Split system one,or mini-split,as we call them is a totally different type,and more expensive,too.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what the poster just said.. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temporarilyhere
Member # 15961

Rate Member
Just found it on Carrefour website, Window AC for LE1250 and split AC for LE1899

Anyone know any better deals?

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by temporarilyhere:
Sorry, when i say window AC i mean the one that you have to make a hole in the wall to fit it in.

The other one is called a 'Split AC' where the motor bit stays outside and a small pipe comes through the wall.

If anyone else is going to Carrefour can you please check it out for me (brand, size etc).

Thanks

I figured that was what you meant, but just wanted to be sure! The one I saw was rather small, but I did not look at the price since I was not in the market for an a/c. I was looking for a bagless vaacum cleaner. Can't believe I did not find anything less than 900 LE for a bagless vac. God I miss WalMart!
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cheapest is not always the best option, temporarily... You also have to take notice on the levels on energy (kW)they take, sound they make ( dB), options (filtersystems, automatic run with timer, day-and night-programme, several options for fan-speed) and guarantee.
Especially the dB's are important because the motor is not separated from the inside unit, so they make far more noise as a split-unit.
And before you are going to look around you have to make a calculation about the cooling-capacity you need.
Inverter motors are the cheapset in energy ( 35% less), besides that, you also can use them in winter to heat the room.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temporarilyhere
Member # 15961

Rate Member
Thanks, I will probably only need it for this summer.

Also, i'm looking forward to the noise - to drown out the sound of the barking dogs that i can hear all night!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com