EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where to buy xmas tree ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to buy xmas tree ?
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

Does anyone know where to buy a nice healthy Christmas tree ? I must admit last year's was a disaster, bought late at night and in a hurry. It was dead in a few days and liked to lean to the right.

I have also noticed they are not like the trees back home, the branches are quite floppy and hard to hang any ornaments etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GBA
Member # 14862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carrefour at Dandy Mall has a pile of Christmas items
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get a 'lovely' 90cm artificial tree at Carrefour for 25LE or thereabouts - not real, so resuseable.

They have bigger sizes than that for increasing sums of money.

Bear in mind that very few trees grow in Egypt so if you do get a real Xmas tree it will almost certainly have been imported.

Once they're covered in baubles does it really matter if it's an artifical one or not?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yessssssssssss i love the smell of real pine [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the smell of real pine too but I don't like the thought of all the trees being chopped down...

I have a black tree with only silver decorations, I am so 2008!

City Stars is selling trees as well... as is the season greetings shop in Korba next door to the beer shop... they actually have some very nice festive ornaments in there... and not the usual tat that is around at xmas.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input everyone, it just may save me hours of hunting.

CF, where is the beer shop in Korba ? I have never noticed one and I thought I knew the area well. I may be popping into City Stars tomorrow, do they have fresh trees or plastic ?

Shokran

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plastic...

All Seasons is opposite Starbucks, next door to Drinkies walking towards Arabiata... turn left off Baghdad Street at Vodaphone...

Afwan

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We bought a very nice 2 m high tree in pot last year, quite authentic looking though yes a bit more flimsy and not giving quite the same pine smell. Will serve us this year as well. In local plant school it only cost 125LE something. In (Maadi) Carrefour similar trees (living, in pot) cost 225 if remember correctly and were looking kind of sorry in there but that must be because no one probably waters them. If you go early perhaps can catch a decent one. Plants schools being out in the countryside somewhere it will probably cost the same if you go out hunting there. The ones I know are around Tanta all.

http://innovatsioon.wordpress.com/files/2009/12/christmas-tree-125le-2.jpg

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com