EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Need advise in a bit of a pickle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need advise in a bit of a pickle
Miss Daisy
Member # 17494

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
So heres my problem... I have been in Egypt since June and well I am working but the main reason to come was for a guy (stupid stupid stupid I know) He is a coptic christian civil engineer and he can be an arsehole at the best at times but at other times he shocks me with his decency.
He has done a lot for me, I owe him a massive amount of money. Things are up and down but this isnt my issue. My issue is the following: My period is late, my boobs hurt and I need to pee alot. Its very early days and I am not sure I am pregnant but today I told him about my period being late, he turns around and says well I am sure u sleep around anyway!!! So it wouldnt be mine. To be honest I am shocked, of all the responses I was expecting, that one didnt even cross my mind. So does anyone have any advise for me with that? I have a good job and dont really want to leave Egypt, but when it comes to him accepting his responsibility, do I have anything to say? I doubt there is a child support system here? As I said its early days and I could get my period tomorrow but just would like to hear what anyone has to say about that.
Thanks xx

Posts: 17 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
girl if my man told me that his bags would be out on the porch.but on a different note.if u like egypt dont let a man run u out stay and raise the child if yr pregnant.its yr life,dont let anyone tell u how to live it.u have yr job and thats good.hopefully u aint pregnant if u do not wanna be.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is be prepared to raise your child by yourself.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pregnancy test would be the most obvious thing... if you are pregnant that is a bridge you can face if needs be... would you want to keep the baby? If so TK is right, you appear to be thrown in the deep end by this guy and should prep for an uphill struggle in a country with no support system.

If you are not pg, run away and keep the bastards money [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy sounds like a scumsucker, drop him like a stone and think really hard about your options. Egypt has some harsh opinions about kids out of wedlock so please be careful.
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Daisy:
Hi all,
So heres my problem... I have been in Egypt since June and well I am working but the main reason to come was for a guy (stupid stupid stupid I know) He is a coptic christian civil engineer and he can be an arsehole at the best at times but at other times he shocks me with his decency.
He has done a lot for me, I owe him a massive amount of money. Things are up and down but this isnt my issue. My issue is the following: My period is late, my boobs hurt and I need to pee alot. Its very early days and I am not sure I am pregnant but today I told him about my period being late, he turns around and says well I am sure u sleep around anyway!!! So it wouldnt be mine. To be honest I am shocked, of all the responses I was expecting, that one didnt even cross my mind. So does anyone have any advise for me with that? I have a good job and dont really want to leave Egypt, but when it comes to him accepting his responsibility, do I have anything to say? I doubt there is a child support system here? As I said its early days and I could get my period tomorrow but just would like to hear what anyone has to say about that.
Thanks xx

-What's the difference between a light bulb and a pregnant woman?

-You can't unscrew a pregnant woman.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Daisy:
Hi all,
Thanks xx

-What's the difference between a light bulb and a pregnant woman?

-You can't unscrew a pregnant woman.

I first heard that joke at a child,s party told by a 7 yr old... us adults nearly died with shock before laughter [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy is obviously a scumbag, and should you have a child you are definitely better off raising it on your own than giving any rights to a dude who doesn't respect you and suffers from irrational bursts of jealousy. Remember -- once he is officially recognized as the father, he can make your life hell because he will have to co-sign every decision regarding your child, not to mention that he will be able to prevent you from taking your child out of the country. There are lots of guys here who do just that, despite the fact that they never pay child support and don't even call on their child's birthday.

As for a pregnancy test (istikhar 7aml) -- they are available at any pharmacy, why not get one and be sure?

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
The guy is obviously a scumbag, and should you have a child you are definitely better off raising it on your own than giving any rights to a dude who doesn't respect you and suffers from irrational bursts of jealousy. Remember -- once he is officially recognized as the father, he can make your life hell because he will have to co-sign every decision regarding your child, not to mention that he will be able to prevent you from taking your child out of the country. There are lots of guys here who do just that, despite the fact that they never pay child support and don't even call on their child's birthday.

As for a pregnancy test (istikhar 7aml) -- they are available at any pharmacy, why not get one and be sure?

Not that my opinion means anything around here, but I hope you aren't legally married to this dude outside of Egypt.

Even if you are, flee now. Just pack your bags and get on a flight home.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He failed the ultimate character test. Fire him. Pregnant or not, fire him.
Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Daisy
Member # 17494

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woo hoo, he became less of an ass (only moderatly) took me for a test.... negative [Smile]
Posts: 17 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Miss Daisy... good to know that you got the news you wanted but in hindsight, this dude will never change. To accuse you of sleeping around is unacceptable especially as it was used to hurt you when you thought you could be pg.

What will happen if you do ever fall pg? Will he be a huge asshole then as well?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com