EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Booze

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Booze
wenke
Member # 18030

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wenke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
A friend of mine is leaving cairo and has a few bottles of Johnnie Walker red label for sale for 230le each
and 1 bottle of black label for 450le
just thought it might be interesting as its pretty hard to get hold of any booze right now.
Pm me if you are interested [Big Grin]
I would but I am broke [Frown]

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
go put them on ebay

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wenke
Member # 18030

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wenke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, I am not on a mission to sell them really, as I said they are not mine. If they were they wouldnt be sold [Big Grin]
Just thought I might be helping some people here

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me ask in the bar tomorrow. If individuals aren't interesed the club may be. Wrong time of year to sell with so many travellers and newbies flying in getting their duty free. Failing that try raffling them. May not get full asking price but beats giving them away. Failing that tell me where the party is and ill help drink em with you [Wink]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Let me ask in the bar tomorrow. If individuals aren't interesed the club may be. Wrong time of year to sell with so many travellers and newbies flying in getting their duty free. Failing that try raffling them. May not get full asking price but beats giving them away. Failing that tell me where the party is and ill help drink em with you [Wink]

good to know...looks like i am bringing my own stash [Big Grin]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wenke
Member # 18030

Rate Member
I would have thought right now is a good time, what with it being so dry here at the minute. I will try and talk her into a party if she doesnt get rid of them. [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wenke:
I would have thought right now is a good time, what with it being so dry here at the minute. I will try and talk her into a party if she doesnt get rid of them. [Big Grin]

Cheeky and i will come [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be interested but am not much into Johnny Walker [Frown] . For me Grant's, Glenfiddich, and above all the bourbons. Kind of sweeter for a female taste?
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dry??? No way. Bars still open and so are bottle shops. If you need advice where to get a beer just ask.

In fact there are several hotels that refuse to sell Egyptians alcohol, so they all pile into the expat bars. Good fun.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cheeky, where are these expat bars ? What is open and still happening in Zamalek during Ramadan ? Is the Moon Deck a dry area ?
Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
:eliopolis bar is off Merghany, Maadi is Port Said Street and not sure of mohandiseen. Ace club is midan victoria and maadi house is round there too. Not to mention the discos and rooftop bars in most hotels. Zamelek jazz club has 2hr happy hour on [Smile]

I will put more later. Gotta fly

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com