EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Perv phoning me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perv phoning me
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This perv, I don't know who, is phoning me constantly today from Egyptian number 0140926291 including one text which said 'I want f* you'.

When I realised, I 'accepted' it and left it hanging online for 7 minutes (to waste his credit) while I went off and did housework. I then blew the vacuum cleaner down it.

If anyone would like to ring that number and make that guy's life misery, feel free!

Unfortunately, I can't block the number on this particular phoneset!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone reading did something, thank you [Smile]
After 19 calls in 2 hours, they have stopped about 20 minutes ago [Smile]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
If someone reading did something, thank you [Smile]
After 19 calls in 2 hours, they have stopped about 20 minutes ago [Smile]

By experience they usually return at dawn, so be prepared for another round. [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I'll have to try and put the phone on silent then when I'm sleeping!
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately put it on silent, but for day - buy a whistle and blow his ears off!
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just answer it and leave the phone by the tv, they soon get fed up! I have also asked Egyptian male friends to call back and explain to them that they are calling their wife too [Smile]

But my favourite one... a whistle.

I would call but I don't know how to block my caller ID like you can in the UK. Sorry [Big Grin]

And I discovered that these sad gits are getting my number from Otlob. Marvellous!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do as cheekyferret has said, answer it and leave it by the tv. [Razz]

Whoever they are, will get get fed up and wont waste their credit if there not getting a response.

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a quick call to the tourist police usually does the trick too. A friend of mine got these calls, called the police and no more calls
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Yes, I answered it and left it - he held on for 7 minutes until I blasted the vacuum cleaner down the phone and he called back for more!

Anyway, he hasn't called since I posted this up here so I think someone has been a fairy godfather to me.

If he calls again, I will get a male friend to answer it or call it.

What network is a number starting 0140 anyway? etisalat or vodafone or mobinil?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was getting some arse in Kuwait keep ringing me too... I am more than happy to leave the phone answered and carry on with more important things.

I find these guys pathetic and desperate individuals... no way in England would I ever be subjected to this kind of harassment from a stranger over the phone.

I had one guy send me an SMS telling me he loved me... what a pleb!

SQ... I have no idea the network but I am 016 and I am Vodafone.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one the other day and could hear nothing but a distant noise. Thinking someone had a bad connection and was trying to shout something I strained to hear it. I thought I must be wrong but I heard the sounds of 'exstasy from a woman. [Eek!] so I hang up, it rang right back again and this time there was no mistaking there was a man and a woman banging away at it. I hangs up again. It rang again, I answered angrily, a mans voice said in Arabic 'i miss you' ROFL so I set the phone down on the table and let him waste his credit. He's not phoned back again. [Big Grin]

Normally if I get one that just keeps calling to say I love you, I miss you, where are you crap I get fed up and let hubby fire abuse at them. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Hepburn:
Definately put it on silent, but for day - buy a whistle and blow his ears off!

Yup, Audrey, that worked for me too!!!

And Shanta, your topic just reminded me of one of Sam's articles which I posted already several weeks ago on here.

Chatline perverts? Or just lonely people in Cairo?

http://www.londontocairo.com/2010/08/chatline-perverts-or-just-lonely-people-in-cairo.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn i had a great speech for him.i was gonna say yr a dirty little donkey arent ya. u like callin married women so call me.. oooooo u make my panties wet.. hahaha damn none answered.. i will try again though.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking of whistles, I have a personal attack alarm on my key ring and I did once get so pissed off with one caller, like 5am time so I let it off down the phone. That sorted that one out [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I got married we were in Egypt for almost a month so I bought a mobinil pay as you go sim for while I was there and within less than 24 hours of connecting it I was receiving calls from someone who was then hanging up...and then I was getting texts in arabic (from presumably the same woman)asking me to send some credit to her phone....this went on for about 2 weeks and drove me mad. My husband spent a year working in Saudi and he told me he would get random phone calls all the time from Saudi women who would randomly call numbers to see if a man would answer as this is one way they use to meet men and this used to scare the life out of him because of how strict saudi laws are for men and women plus the fact he is christian and they don't mess about in Saudi for these sorts of things. Public executions are the main entertainment after friday prayers [Eek!]
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe take a recording of Joe Dolce singing 'Shaddap Your Face' and play it down his mobile lol.
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Not the song a girl needs in her head just before heading off to bed... thaks [Wink]
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry - should have said the birdy song
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
At least you got killing me softly out my head that is on an eternal loop in Spinneys!!!

Over two trips in 2 days... approx 3 hours I have been listening to that bloody instrumental...

Pah.. WHAT'S THE MATTER YOU HEY... [Wink]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now if you have someone harassing you over the phone you can sms 016 987 0900 and report it.

http://harassmap.org/

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Well after nothing since 3rd December, he's phoning non-stop again this morning - barely pausing between rings - have put phone in another room and am ignoring it.
Maybe time to get a new handset for that SIM with number blocking on it!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
report the number shanta.

--------------------

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Yes I think I will. Does anyone know what network 0140 numbers are?
(PS Before anyone asks, I'm about 15km from the nearest police person right now!)

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to http://harassmap.org/reports/submit and make an anynomous complaint and be sure to include his phone number in it.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeama:
Yes I think I will. Does anyone know what network 0140 numbers are?
(PS Before anyone asks, I'm about 15km from the nearest police person right now!)

It used to be easy to figure out networks this way but with the new phone number changes it is different. I have both Etisalat and Vodafone (new 11 digit numbers) and they both start with 015.
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
id arrange a meeting then kick his ass.
Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com