EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Akmed Ezze The man who made marriage unattainable

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Akmed Ezze The man who made marriage unattainable
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is this guy? Akmed Ezze and he's part of the government but he also artificially inflated the price of real estate, thus making most "marriage" items out the the price range for most young Egyptians.

Anyone have anything to share? I have tried to google his name, but so far he's managed to stay out of the western press and from looking at a few English websites of Egyptian newspapers he's been successful on the Egypt front as well.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GBA
Member # 14862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you mean 'Ahmed Ezz' - this is a Wikipedia article about him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Ezz

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe google is blocking it for you sono. perhaps the correct spelling will help, I had no problem getting results.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Maybe google is blocking it for you sono. perhaps the correct spelling will help, I had no problem getting results.

Why don't you share what you found then?

Or are you scared to look, noting that with Mubarak out of the way, the damage done by Ahmed Ezz could unravel life for many expats in Luxor.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by GBA:
I think you mean 'Ahmed Ezz' - this is a Wikipedia article about him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Ezz

Thats really helpful. I asked my ex to spell the guy's name so I went with his spelling since he's a native Egyptian.

And it looks like my ex is right about the guy:

Opposition parties, other parliamentarians, and groups including the banned Muslim Brotherhood movement are accusing Ezz of monopolizing the steel industry in Egypt by holding more than 60 percent of the market share, describing it as an act that is backed up by the government when the dominant share of monopoly was raised from 35 percent to 65 percent, an act that was described by the active parliamentarian Aboul Ezz Al Hariri as enhancing the proliferation of monopolies rather than fighting them. The groups mentioned are even blaming him for increasing steel prices by as much as 70 perent. But Ezz does not seem affected by the almost daily drubbings he gets in the press. He dryly told reporters that a competition law would at least provide a legal framework preventing everyone from making accusations.

According to Al Jazeera, he resigned from the NDP on 29 January 2011.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He has a corner on the real estate market, which he doesn't have an "official" stake in, but I am sure he's got friends to help.

Any chance he's in KSA with 200 bars of Gold Bullion?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Or are you scared to look, noting that with Mubarak out of the way, the damage done by Ahmed Ezz could unravel life for many expats in Luxor.

Why should I search for you? you have google, google it. What has a rich harami steel guy in hiding got to do with my life here? [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Why should I search for you? you have google, google it. What has a rich harami steel guy in hiding got to do with my life here? [Confused]
Topic: Akmed Ezze The man who made marriage unattainable

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com