EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Question for the women (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Question for the women
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Habiba1:

There are also many women in the wet that have multiple sex partners, and several boyfriends as well. We even have a talk show (Maury Povich) dedicated to having parternal tests to discover the fathers of the children that resulted from some of these multiple male partners.

An American filmaker, Spike Lee, made a movie several years ago, called "She's gotta have it" about a woman named Lola who had to have 3 male partners, because she couldn't get all she wanted in one. If the world didn't have as many double standards for women as it did for men, I think a lot of women would be like this Nola character. Of course if a man has many women, he's the man (in a cool way) but a woman, is quickly labeled as a whore.

And by the way the subjects you chose to point out that you consider are the mainstream are typically African American media outlets. Both Spike Lee and Maury Povich subjects revolve around urban poor African American populations which are less than 13% of American populations. And I consider the subjects both "Media Perverts" choose are very typical of how African Americans are portrayed. Its a racist, evil, and typically packaged for non-American mainstream audiences. This allows non-Americans to feel superior to America.

I think its really revealing that you chose these two "media perverts" as a way of expressing all of American population's sexual norms. Its racist and evil. Thanks for proving a observation of my husband and many other racist Arab Muslims in America, let alone back in Egypt or the collective Arab world. Black is demoralizing and evil, thats why you women spend so much time lightening your skin.

Thanks for proving my point!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that there is definitely a 'modern polygamy' present in the west.. i was just reading an article today about an increased trend in married couples who each have a partner on the side which they both know and approve of (yes even the men approved of their wives having multiple partners!). They may not call it polygamy but it is still the same thing. I wouldn’t really be surprised if this became even more widespread in the west.
Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would lovbe to know why the west banned polygyny and condone homosexuality!

Both parties can rely on natural or free choice reasons.

[This message has been edited by Troubles101 (edited 10 September 2005).]

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

And yet Egyptian and Arabs continue to think that is kind of behavior is normal!

The reason why movies and talk shows dedicate themselves to this type of behavior because its salacious and it sells.

Its not everyday behavior displayed by everyday western women, yet Egyptians and Arabs are commited to the idea that these types of behavior are the mainstream.

Its like me a westerner insisting that when a woman is not desired by her husband anymore he torches her alive, or if a young woman is accused only once of being loose her male family members by the end of the day have her throat slashed. Which I know isn't the norm, but a exception.

You see how insisting on these sqewed, perverse stereotypes just don't help?

Or you just want to hate the west for any old reason?

That's a very good point. It's unfortuante these movies are what they define us western women as. Not as hardworking, educated, intellegent and driven. They see as loose women whos primary focus is getting laid. It disgusts and infuriates me. There's many of us women who have had jobs since we were 15, come from broken homes, even working 2 jobs, paid our way through college, living on our own with no financial support from anyone, .....everything we've earned and own is from your own hardwork. It may be the reason many of us women choose not to settle down and marry till later in life because we want a man who can "step up." Why is that scrutinized and not celebrated....a woman in control of her own destiny without her primary focus on finding a man.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
That's a very good point. It's unfortuante these movies are what they define us western women as. Not as hardworking, educated, intellegent and driven. They see as loose women whos primary focus is getting laid. It disgusts and infuriates me. There's many of us women who have had jobs since we were 15, come from broken homes, even working 2 jobs, paid our way through college, living on our own with no financial support from anyone, .....everything we've earned and own is from your own hardwork. It may be the reason many of us women choose not to settle down and marry till later in life because we want a man who can "step up." Why is that scrutinized and not celebrated....a woman in control of her own destiny without her primary focus on finding a man.

Yeah, this also fustrates me.

But this is what foreign men are attracted to, our hardworking independant nature then they expect us to be submissive women who live to serve them.

Possibly part of the new HomeLand Security model for single male immigrants, remove their sexual organs when they enter the country and return the sexual organs when they leave. Solve so many problems!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habiba1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And by the way the subjects you chose to point out that you consider are the mainstream are typically African American media outlets. Both Spike Lee and Maury Povich subjects revolve around urban poor African American populations which are less than 13% of American populations. And I consider the subjects both "Media Perverts" choose are very typical of how African Americans are portrayed. Its a racist, evil, and typically packaged for non-American mainstream audiences. This allows non-Americans to feel superior to America.

I think its really revealing that you chose these two "media perverts" as a way of expressing all of American population's sexual norms. Its racist and evil. Thanks for proving a observation of my husband and many other racist Arab Muslims in America, let alone back in Egypt or the collective Arab world. Black is demoralizing and evil, thats why you women spend so much time lightening your skin.

Thanks for proving my point!

Okay, you need to really calm the hell down!

First off, I'm BLACK and AMERICAN, so in now way was it my intention of perpetrating any stereotypes of my own people. YOU are the one that brought up the subject of race. Maury show is NOT broadcasted in Egypt, and last I saw it, there were just as many white women trying to get paternity test as Black women. Yes it is sensationalized media, I agree, and it is not the norm, and now where in my message did I indicate otherwise, so chill.

The subject was brought up about women having multiple husbands (mates), and all I was doing was showing the result of that type of union--inability to determine the paternity should a pregnacy result from such unions.

So stop jumping to conclusions, and calling my statements racists. I swear some of the people on this site are just too damn high strung.

Posts: 81 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, this also fustrates me.

But this is what foreign men are attracted to, our hardworking independant nature then they expect us to be submissive women who live to serve them.

Why does it have to be either hardworking or servants? why does the west doesn''t evaluate woman prefering doing house work much and consider her as a servant?
Forign men are attracted to you because of this? so it's still not about equality but about looking attractiveto men?

To me Equality is not woman becoming able to do everything men do but rather women and men being themselves not what other want them to be! Sometimes I feel women in the west have lost their identity in their competeion with men out there

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:

First off, I'm BLACK and AMERICAN, so in now way was it my intention of perpetrating any stereotypes of my own people. YOU are the one that brought up the subject of race. Maury show is NOT broadcasted in Egypt, and last I saw it, there were just as many white women trying to get paternity test as Black women. Yes it is sensationalized media, I agree, and it is not the norm, and now where in my message did I indicate otherwise, so chill.

The subject was brought up about women having multiple husbands (mates), and all I was doing was showing the result of that type of union--inability to determine the paternity should a pregnacy result from such unions.

So stop jumping to conclusions, and calling my statements racists. I swear some of the people on this site are just too damn high strung.

Habiba, I think we owe you an apology for not giving you an introduction about sonomod once you came here

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

Oh so being Muslim makes you superior to other non-Muslim African American women?

And from creating a multi-father family only solution is to revert to Islam to save yourself from hell. Great concept, so many single mother's choose to do this, especially when the prospects for marrying a USA passport hungry Arab Muslim is such a huge incentive for both parties.

See it all the time, what a cop out.

Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habiba1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh so being Muslim makes you superior to other non-Muslim African American women?

And from creating a multi-father family only solution is to revert to Islam to save yourself from hell. Great concept, so many single mother's choose to do this, especially when the prospects for marrying a USA passport hungry Arab Muslim is such a huge incentive for both parties.

See it all the time, what a cop out.

What the hell are you talking about? What does my religion have to do with anything. And why would I want to be superior to other Black women, are you crazy or what?

Posts: 81 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Habiba, I think we owe you an apology for not giving you an introduction about sonomod once you came here

I don't think I need an introduction, I know the type.

If I didnt know any better I would think she actually was a Black woman and ashamed to admit it, I've never seen a white woman become so defensive over another race. I am PROUD of who I am.

I can't imagine myself asking a woman of another race if she thinks she's better than her ownkind because she converted to a particular religion. It sounds silly as hell.

[This message has been edited by Habiba1 (edited 10 September 2005).]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
if you lived in a culture or believed in a religion that allowed you to marry more than one man, would you do it? why? what would the advantages and disadvantages be?

7aya, I want you to remember this question of yours after your first, second and third child.

Every time sex is mentioned in the presence of a mother, she would rather die than go through the horror..

Mother nature is such a weirdo..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay we're about to have a catfight between Sonomod & Habiba. Shall we opne a new thread about racism? Here we go..
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Okay we're about to have a catfight between Sonomod & Habiba. Shall we opne a new thread about racism? Here we go..

I have much better things to do with my time than engage in high school internet catfights. If she is ever in Alex and wants to deal with me woman to woman, then holler at me then, I'll give her my home address.

Otherwise enjoy your thread on Racism, I've contributed to the last one, it's old news to me now!

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
I have much better things to do with my time than engage in high school internet catfights. If she is ever in Alex and wants to deal with me woman to woman, then holler at me then, I'll give her my home address.

Otherwise enjoy your thread on Racism, I've contributed to the last one, it's old news to me now!

I avoid militants here in the USA and definantely know there are many Louis Farakon followers in Egypt.

No matter how they dress themselves up they decided to rebirth themselves through faulty ideology, and I will avoid coming across those types.

Just too scary!

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Sometimes I feel women in the west have lost their identity in their competeion with men out there

Lost our identity? What kind of statement is that! I would expect that coming from a man. Western women are not in competetion with men! We have the same opportunities and we grasp them. We're in the pursuit of the "american dream." To have a better life than that of our parents and wishing even a better one for our children. Not waiting or wishing for some man to do it for us. We make our own path. Not to be submissive bowing down to some man. It seems you're for inequality with a statement like that. We don't lose our identity, we make our own.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:

Wow, so you're not into highshool fights but yet you're inviting her to your home to fight her? You're not highschool alright, you're elementary. Maybe you should go sit in a corner when you're done. Be careful, you don't want another check next to your name. It seems you're the only one taking it personal.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Troubles101:
[b]Sometimes I feel women in the west have lost their identity in their competeion with men out there

Lost our identity? What kind of statement is that! I would expect that coming from a man. Western women are not in competetion with men! We have the same opportunities and we grasp them. We're in the pursuit of the "american dream." To have a better life than that of our parents and wishing even a better one for our children. Not waiting or wishing for some man to do it for us. We make our own path. Not to be submissive bowing down to some man. It seems you're for inequality with a statement like that. We don't lose our identity, we make our own.

[/B][/QUOTE]

So true, but I think when an American woman marries a foreigner she complies as some sort of equity feminist to make him more comfortable, then he doesn't mind enjoying some merits of feminism, like a wife who contributes to the household income.

Give them a inch they take a mile, but in inter-culture relationships, give him your hand, he'll cut off your arm instead!

Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
quote:
Wow, so you're not into highshool fights but yet you're inviting her to your home to fight her? You're not highschool alright, you're elementary. Maybe you should go sit in a corner when you're done. Be careful, you don't want another check next to your name. It seems you're the only one taking it personal.

Did I say come to my home and FIGHT me or come to my home and DEAL with me woman to woman. If you want to be Billy Bad ass behind a keyboard, then do that. But I prefer face to face confrontations, and handle it from there.

Speaking of elementary, why don't you take an elementary course in reading comprehension skills, and learn to effectively respond to what people write, and not make up your own words in order to create a pointless argument.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Both Spike Lee and Maury Povich subjects revolve around urban poor African American populations which are less than 13% of American populations.

I *love* Spike Lee! He's not a *media pervert*, he's brilliant.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod, can you EVER participate without offending people? How is it that you pretend to know something about anything and then in the end you always make yourself look like a JACKASS? And personally I would love to see someone "deal" with you, maybe it would change your hateful, nasty attitude.

You don't have to agree with everyone or anyone here for that matter, but there is a nice way to get a point across and then a trashy way. You're not even entertaining anymore--you're just ridiculous.

Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Stacia:
Sonomod, can you EVER participate without offending people? How is it that you pretend to know something about anything and then in the end you always make yourself look like a JACKASS? And personally I would love to see someone "deal" with you, maybe it would change your hateful, nasty attitude.

You don't have to agree with everyone or anyone here for that matter, but there is a nice way to get a point across and then a trashy way. You're not even entertaining anymore--you're just ridiculous.

You know I have held off on explaining certain things to you.

But I won't bother. you are on a certain elemental layer of egyboard muck and you don't realize it.

I find your existance in Egypt suspect and I do sympathize with you on certain situations I am lucky enough not to have to endure.

Do you know the term satisficing?

But as long you help certain egyboard layers feel a false sense of dignity you have a purpose.

What I am trying to have Habiba1 understand is I am not completely ignorant to her motives for being in Egypt, neither am I ignorant on your motives either. There is a Alexandrian foreigner women's group that I find extremely suspect. I have chosen to keep my distance.

I wonder even if your husbands speak enough English to understand you women. And I wonder why certain egy-board usernames have changed their story and their ages to suit the perogative of the current climate.

You females in Alex have given some pretty shifty details and I am glad I have chosen not to live there. Alex is thin on Americans, and the American women who chose to reside in Alex don't seem to give the same details twice. Why do you females change your story so often? Are you trying to hide something embarrassing?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I *love* Spike Lee! He's not a *media pervert*, he's brilliant.

Yeah I think he makes films to satisfy the box office.

I can see some really disguisting ideology in his movies. But you'd have to live in the ghetto at street level long enough to see how he manages to fullfill some ugly stereotypes.

I mean Spike can't piss off the 'white' Hollywood to heavily.

kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Socrates said: "Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior." And this is what Muslim men fear the most. They are so insecure that they must keep woman subjigated, brainwashed, fearfilled and must keep her ignorant and cloistered lest she find out that she has as much if not more intelligence as he. As long as women cannot leave the house unattended or hold any semblance of independence, they cannot participate in, and therefore influence, muslim "society". That's the intention.
Freedom and liberation of women has never had anything to do with how "little" a woman can or cannot wear or with the fact that she hasbigger boobies and can bare them successfully in a free society.
It has to do with the place she is accorded in the decision-making of the society in which she lives, her voice and her acknowledged place as equal to man.
Liberation for women is the ADMITTANCE that she is man's INTELLECTUAL equal.

Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Muslim societies, if a woman is raped, it may be necessary for her family to murder the victim in order to restore the family's honor. She is not a person with individual human rights, in those Muslim societies. If she were, then it would be obvious that it isn't appropriate to punish the victim of a crime.

The second-class status of women can be seen in the whole collection of "honor killings" that occur in the Muslim world. They are entirely killings of women; men are not killed in "honor killings".

This is how women are free under sharia they're free to be slaughtered by their own families if anyone suspects they might have been alone with a man at some point.
Now in Gaza, women are free to be shot to death by Morality Police for walking in public with their fiances even when accompanied by their own sisters.
Who could be more free than women for being free from life if someone decides that a woman might be suspected of dishonoring her family?

Here 20-year-old woman shot dead for 'immoral behaviour'

A Hamas spokesman said yesterday that the killing was carried out because there was a - mistaken - "suspicion of immoral behaviour" by the couples.

Just how many times does that happen in Islam, these 'mistakes' ?

How sick these people are. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10120316

Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yeah I think he makes films to satisfy the box office.

I can see some really disguisting ideology in his movies. But you'd have to live in the ghetto at street level long enough to see how he manages to fullfill some ugly stereotypes.

I mean Spike can't piss off the 'white' Hollywood to heavily.

Actually, I think he uses stereotypes very cleverly to make his point, like internal racism/classism among blacks based on skin color in School Daze. It's harsh, and painful to watch, but I think he does that on purpose.

The only thing I really don't care for is his reverse-stereotyping of whites. There's rarely anything socially redeeming about white people in his films. But again, I think that's his point. Payback. And it gets his point across, because it always reminds me of how blacks are often portrayed in films produced by whites.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Actually, I think he uses stereotypes very cleverly to make his point, like internal racism/classism among blacks based on skin color in School Daze. It's harsh, and painful to watch, but I think he does that on purpose.

The only thing I really don't care for is his reverse-stereotyping of whites. There's rarely anything socially redeeming about white people in his films. But again, I think that's his point. Payback. And it gets his point across, because it always reminds me of how blacks are often portrayed in films produced by whites.

He also ignores alot of issues.

Now he mainly analysis the white/black issue. He completely ignores the fact that there is a massive ethnic mix to African Americans. Its not just African heritage, but Mexican, Creole, Native American, and Chinese. Very few African Americans are purely black. He forgets that America isn't just black and white.

If you really look at the divide based on the accepting of mixed heritage and how different African American groups (based on their migration periods) were affected and dispersed then you can see just how simplistic his thinking is.

He is really addressing a white audience and not an African American audience. Which I find is an insult.

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
He also ignores alot of issues.

Now he mainly analysis the white/black issue. He completely ignores the fact that there is a massive ethnic mix to African Americans. Its not just African heritage, but Mexican, Creole, Native American, and Chinese. Very few African Americans are purely black. He forgets that America isn't just black and white.

If you really look at the divide based on the accepting of mixed heritage and how different African American groups (based on their migration periods) were affected and dispersed then you can see just how simplistic his thinking is.

He is really addressing a white audience and not an African American audience. Which I find is an insult.

I don't think all of his stuff is aimed at white audiences, but I do think on the movies where he *does* attempt to have broader appeal, his creativity and message seem to be lacking.

Actually you are the only other white person I know of who's ever seen any of his movies. When I went to see his movies, I was the *only* white person in the theatres. Except maybe for Summer of Sam. But it's been a lonnnnng time since I've seen anything of his. Crooklyn and Summer of Sam are the last couple I saw...I don't remember when they came out....2000?

Chocolat
Member # 8890

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sam on line:
It is an instinct in a woman to give her love for one man, if she loves another, divorce is the only better solution here. Loving 2 then is bizarre.

so you mean that man loving more than 1 woman is not bizarre and women loving more than 1 man is bizarre, this is not ture
because you are talking about emotion , both of them can love more than one but the we have to respect rules , that is it.

The man is the one responsible for the family, and to avoid adultery and ruining families, men were given that right. If a man married more than one, no chaos will occur in the family, and that would not mean that he hates his first wife, but the other is complementing something that is missing.

do you think hurting a woman you are sharing with her same bad is chaos!!!, do you think that it will hurt you if you sleeping with a woman that is also loving etc.. with another man (put apart plz religion side) iam talking about feelings and emotion

Sam, i am talking about emotions not what Allah forbid or permit, i am talking about feelings that i am sure that Allah care about woman as for man also

Posts: 23 | From: Earth | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod,

This is what I think and have thought about you for along time: You are jealous. You are just pissed off that other women from your home country have moved to Egypt and actually have survived. Your jealous because there are several American women on this board that have rock-solid marriages, including satisfying sex, something you will never have. Your jealous because right now I am talking with my son, while your mother in law is talking to your daughter. Your MIL is and will always have a connection to your daughter that you will never ever have. You've lost that mother/child bond and will never get it back. You are jealous because financially there are American women living here like queens. Not because we are wealthy, but because our husbands are RICH. Rich in everything that a women needs. That kills you because your husband is a leech and you are up to your eye-balls in financial aid debt. You can't stand the fact that our husbands consider us equals and yours doesn't even consider you. You could never have left your home country and adapted to the ways of life here, we did it! It was hard and sometimes still is, but we are doing it and we are all PROUD! And for all of this, all of your failures you are trying to punish the rest of us who DID IT!

[This message has been edited by Stacia (edited 11 September 2005).]

Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
quote:
You know I have held off on explaining certain things to you.

But I won't bother. you are on a certain elemental layer of egyboard muck and you don't realize it.

I find your existance in Egypt suspect and I do sympathize with you on certain situations I am lucky enough not to have to endure.

Do you know the term satisficing?

But as long you help certain egyboard layers feel a false sense of dignity you have a purpose.

What I am trying to have Habiba1 understand is I am not completely ignorant to her motives for being in Egypt, neither am I ignorant on your motives either. There is a Alexandrian foreigner women's group that I find extremely suspect. I have chosen to keep my distance.

I wonder even if your husbands speak enough English to understand you women. And I wonder why certain egy-board usernames have changed their story and their ages to suit the perogative of the current climate.

You females in Alex have given some pretty shifty details and I am glad I have chosen not to live there. Alex is thin on Americans, and the American women who chose to reside in Alex don't seem to give the same details twice. Why do you females change your story so often? Are you trying to hide something embarrassing?

I read this 4 times and I swear I didn't get it, maybe I'm not completely awake yet. Did you get it Stacia, LOL?

A few threads ago I was a racist arab, then accused of thinking I'm superior to my race for reverting, then married a passport hunter, then a follower of Farrakhan, now I'm a suspect with ulterior motives for living in Alex with a husband who barely speaks English. Do we have a schizoid on our hands or what?

Think of the bright side, now we have something to laugh about tonight while the passport hunting, non english speaking husbands married to racist are speaking to us through translators.

Stacia don't waste anymore of your time, if all you said is true about her, you know misery loves company.

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
Did I say come to my home and FIGHT me or come to my home and DEAL with me woman to woman. If you want to be Billy Bad ass behind a keyboard, then do that. But I prefer face to face confrontations, and handle it from there.

Speaking of elementary, why don't you take an elementary course in reading comprehension skills, and learn to effectively respond to what people write, and not make up your own words in order to create a pointless argument.

LOL, I'm not the Billy Badass who's inviting someone to my place for a confrontation....you are. I'm just here laughing at you and your immaturity. It's funny you say I don't effectively respond to what people write, and yet you're the one who's come up short with anything intellegent to say so you resort to confrontation and taking things to a personal level. A true sign of someone who's insecure with herself.

Habiba1
Member # 7221

Rate Member
quote:
LOL, I'm not the Billy Badass who's inviting someone to my place for a confrontation....you are. I'm just here laughing at you and your immaturity. It's funny you say I don't effectively respond to what people write, and yet you're the one who's come up short with anything intellegent to say so you resort to confrontation and taking things to a personal level. A true sign of someone who's insecure with herself.

I think anyone with the least amount of common sense could clearly see who confronted who first. And I don't say anything on the internet that I am not woman enough to say to your face. Now that's what I call KEEPING IT REAL. Change your name.

I'm sorry if you feel that I don't have anything intelligent to say, as I'm not here to educate you, I passionately educate children (for a living).

Obviously you have too much time on your hands to try to delve into my psyche to determine my level of self assurance vs insecurity, I could care less about yours.

I'm finished with this topic, as it has taken on another direction. If it increases your self worth to have the last word, then by all means, knock yourself out!

hassancheb
Member # 4863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassancheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Personally I have a strong sex drive, and I know my current husband cannot provide what I need.

Its a common belief that men with extra strong sex drives are allowed to take another wife for that purpose in Islam.

If thats the case, I have a sex thirst that isn't being quenched by my lazy husband why can't I take a second husband to provide me with the sexual relief I need?

I am sorry here, I have always remained monogamous, but the main reason why I have left fiances in the past is due to their inability to keep up with me sexually.

Just another reason why I cannot take my shaddah.

Exactly what is your reason for staying in this marriage. You claim to be so beautiful, yet you have an abusive man, that is a good for nothing dad, married you for citizenship, and now he can't even satisfy you sexually? Your life is pathetic! Not even an "average" looking woman would stand for such a relationship, much less the Barbie you claim to be in your dreams!

Posts: 358 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassancheb
Member # 4863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassancheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sonomod,
Hello!! Very interesing post!! I found it interesting and you raised a great point and question there!

Why is your nose so far up Sonomod's butt, another one of her many personalities, I'll bet.

Posts: 358 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by hassancheb:
Why is your nose so far up Sonomod's butt, another one of her many personalities, I'll bet.

She raised a good point. Just because I didn't agree with the majority is why you have a problem with it. It's unfortunate you're just sheep.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com