EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » International Deliveries to Egypt » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
setithefirst
Member # 1039
 - posted
Hi!

I am moving to Egypt in a few months and order Egyptology books often from Amazon.com. Does anyone know if they deliver to Egypt? Do they open the packages?

Thanks

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Yes they deliver but the bad news is sometimes you will get charged customs. Sometime not. There seems to be no rule behind it. I have had 4 deliveries of amazon, one didin't make it and they credited me, two made it and i didin't get charged, including one v expensive book on Seti I and one I got charged on.

MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari
Member # 8356
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by setithefirst:
Hi!

I am moving to Egypt in a few months and order Egyptology books often from Amazon.com. Does anyone know if they deliver to Egypt? Do they open the packages?

Thanks

They always open the packages and almost always charge a considerable amount of money.

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
Books are one of the few things that, theoretically, are supposed to be exempted from customs. I've never been charged for books.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
I was charged 70LE for a parcel of 5 books, when I complained at Luxor post office they said the charge had been made in Cairo and if I wanted to do anything about it I would have to go there. [Frown] I decided it was cheaper to pay the 70LE although I did insist on a receipt.

They didn't open any of the packages, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason behind these things in Egypt.

MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari
Member # 8356
 - posted
From NC and Akshar's posts you can conclude that there are no rules for it.

Just like anything else in Egypt. [Big Grin]

setithefirst
Member # 1039
 - posted
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback, much apreciated!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com