EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » *Read Along the Way* campaign in Cairo's taxis » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Miss_Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
"Starting with 50 #KnowledgeTaxi driving around #Cairo @alefbookstore is launching "Read Along the Way" Campaign. Back to #Books"
about 2 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/alefbookstore

Okay I admit it's only a small start but I think the whole idea is excellent. Customers can educate themselves during the ride and when the driver tries to do small talk with you like "Are you married?" you just say "Shhh.... I am reading." [Big Grin]

Shanta Qadeama
Member # 9889
 - posted
Great if you don't get motion sickness from reading on transport - unfortunately I do - except for trains and planes.

Exiiled
Member # 17278
 - posted
The problem with most initiatives in the Arab World is lack of maintenance budget. It's like when they open a park, they'll spend money on it, but fail to set aside money for upkeep. Once in a while you have to trim the trees, cut the grass, remove the weed.

Nasto
Member # 17091
 - posted
I believe you can only take your eye off the road (to read, for example) when you have absolute trust in a driver. Otherwise, who knows where you can end up your trip or how much it will cost you [Smile]

This applies not only for Egypt, by the way.

Miss_Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
ALEF Knowledge Taxi _ مكتبات أ تاكسي المعرفة

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BANESHvxDs&feature=share

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com