EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Internet Cafe Question » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
Just curious, in the past week or so has there been a change at all internet cafe's in Cairo? My husband hadn't been to one in about a week and last night when he went in they were making everyone give their name and id numbers. Is this something new or is it just maybe that particular internet cafe?

Leito
Member # 14189
 - posted
They did that a long time ago in mansoura, internet cafes are required to do that by the police just to be legal.

But usually they slack, I guess the cops are working hard now.

Black Dahlia
Member # 12864
 - posted
They were doing this in dahab back in april. everyone has to give passport number, or i.d. number and the computer you sit at has number recorded next to your details. no need to guess why!

doodlebug
Member # 11649
 - posted
He's been going to the same place for about 6 months now and this is the first time. I guess they're starting to crack down all of a sudden. Just curious if there's something going on that would initiate such a crack down or are they just trying to be more efficient.

Leito
Member # 14189
 - posted
No, the crackdowns are periodical.

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
Could be that particular net cafe was recently visited by the EXTREMELY kind and helpful local police. They like to go in and give the owners a hard time, maybe a take a pc for "evidence" *wink wink* and threaten them. [Wink]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com