EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » sheesha/hasheesh » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
FairyDust
Member # 7138
 - posted
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I am confused are sheesha and hasheesh the same thing (tobacco) or is one marijuana? What is the Egyptian word for marijuana? No I am not looking to buy any, I am just tired of being confused in conversations. Thanks. [Confused]

Snoozin
Member # 6244
 - posted
shisha is sweetened tobacco.

hashish is related to marijuana.

it's not a stupid question. When my husband first told me about shisha, I figured half of Egypt was all toked! [Razz]

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by FairyDust:
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I am confused are sheesha and hasheesh the same thing (tobacco) or is one marijuana? What is the Egyptian word for marijuana? No I am not looking to buy any, I am just tired of being confused in conversations. Thanks. [Confused]

*Shisha* is the word for a waterpipe and it has nothing to do with drugs.

*Hasheesh* is simply the Arabic word for grass although it is also used for describing hashish, the drug.

The word mostly used for marijuana is *bango*.

Hope that helps. [Cool]

FairyDust
Member # 7138
 - posted
Ok, so is hasheesh or bango legal or illegal in Egypt, because I thought someone once told me it was illegal, but I have heard some friends talk about smoking it openly in Egypt, so what's the deal? Thanks for all of your replies thus far.

Dalia
Member # 1230
 - posted
It's illegal!

BoDooR
Member # 10035
 - posted
Hashish is definitely one of the illegal things in egypt that is being done openly... along with a good bunch of a whole load of other things! [Frown]

pandora
Member # 10146
 - posted
it is illegal..and it is some of the worst marijuana in the world..it is all stems, leaves and seeds..no buds..usually smoked by rolling with tobacco and using the cigarette filter as a crutch to diminish the harshness of the smoke..

Corvinous
Member # 6578
 - posted
This is what we call something like "Suburban crap mary-j" [Big Grin]

Need to have a taste of the Real Thing, just gimmie a call, it would be my gang's pleasure to give ya a tour in our lil pink elephants world [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Speaking of hashish, oh I have no words to describe that Heaven [Frown]

By the way, I am no drug stud, but once in a while is a bless [Wink]

Though, I wonder how you could know all that during your one week tour amongst luxor kids [Eek!]

pandora
Member # 10146
 - posted
it's not hard to ask around..i like people...and i don't live in the suburbs..i live in humboldt county..northern california..ever heard of it...

Corvinous
Member # 6578
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by pandora:
it's not hard to ask around..i like people...and i don't live in the suburbs..i live in humboldt county..northern california..ever heard of it...

Yea I heard of it ! [Big Grin]

And you got all those details just by Asking Around ? [Eek!] Come on ! [Wink] [Big Grin]

pandora
Member # 10146
 - posted
then you see why i can compare..if you know it's reputation..it's tru..it may be the world's best!

Asooma
Member # 8611
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
This is what we call something like "Suburban crap mary-j" [Big Grin]

Need to have a taste of the Real Thing, just gimmie a call, it would be my gang's pleasure to give ya a tour in our lil pink elephants world [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Speaking of hashish, oh I have no words to describe that Heaven [Frown]

By the way, I am no drug stud, but once in a while is a bless [Wink]

Though, I wonder how you could know all that during your one week tour amongst luxor kids [Eek!]

HEAVEN?
shame on you...

pandora
Member # 10146
 - posted
but if you do it makes vacation that much more enjoyable

Corvinous
Member # 6578
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by pandora:
but if you do it makes vacation that much more enjoyable

Ditto [Big Grin]

pandora
Member # 10146
 - posted
i agree with not putting substances in your body while breatfeeding...having breatfed three awesome kids of my own...but indulging in a relaxing bit of bango with a beautiful sunset on the nile hanging out with new friends and laughing...awesome..

pandora
Member # 10146
 - posted
actually i did learn about it on my first trip which i just returned from..while in minya i smelled it burning and knew it wasn't tobacco..i laughed and asked about it..the locals thought it was fun to explain and share with the foreign lady..once i knew what it was called i mentioned in in luxor and there you have the sunset...maybe it was just me..i do like people a lot and find it easy to communicate with them..it only takes a simple smile to make a friend...

pandora
Member # 10146
 - posted
it was the luck of the draw, i suppose..divine intervention..jah rastafari type stuff .very few are fluent in minya..very broken english and i speak no arabic worth mentioning...just the luck of the draw...i even found bob marley in egypt...go figure..universal love...crazy

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com