EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Wet mobile » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
I dropped my mobile in toliet cause i forgot it was in my back pocket. So i know im a blonde lol. My husband took it apart and put the phone (minus the back cover) and battery in a covered container filled with rice. I left it 3 days. It works! The rice absorbs all moisture. Hopefully, you wont be as dumb as i was, but it works.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
Really lol... that's a bizarre method, who on earth thought of this idea first!!!

The only thing I have ever dropped down a toilet is a pedometer... after nearly completing the Himalayan challenge [Frown] I was gutted, I want to see how many steps I had walked!

Great tip though... blondie [Wink]

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
Lol. It does seem strange but it works. Leave it to the egypthan to fix it for nothing, while i was freaking out because i only had it for 2 weeks, early birthday present. He keeps me grounded, lol dont know what id do without him.

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
See i cant even type lol. I obviousily meant egyptian lol

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
I thought you had a lisp [Smile]

From experience Egyptians can mend anything... or at least try. Not always making things look good but working. Seeing shoes (crocs) held together with string is pretty insane... and electric tape and staples seem popular.

I like the no throw away policy though... one mans trash is another man's treasure [Big Grin]

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
My husband is great with money. And im great at spending. Lol, without him id be broke.

lyna
Member # 18507
 - posted
Have to admint, here I am joining the dumb club. Once I put my bag in the sink while taking off my coat (sink was the only clean place!). But I didn't notice that it had an automatic sensor faucet! The water came directly into the bag wetting the mobile.

I also just took it apart and let it dry and it was working. I was told never to try if it works while it is still wet, it needs to dry first completely.

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
Im just happy it works!

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190
 - posted
they tend not to work though once they've been through a washing machine cycle
[Frown]

this
Member # 17234
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
they tend not to work though once they've been through a washing machine cycle
[Frown]

In that case you would use Koshari.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
There was a guy here last week who said he had a slow motion moment when he realised his ipod was in the washer... he said he was just watching it go round. Poor kid.

We had a farewell party to it. It died [Frown]

The most stupid thing I have ever done is while in a rush I ran the tap to fill the sink so I could soak the breakfast dishes while I was at work. When I got home I was flooded as I had forgotten to turn it off. The dogs bless them spent the day on the sofa watching their bowls floating around the downstairs [Big Grin] Great excuse for a new floor though.

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I thought you had a lisp [Smile]

From experience Egyptians can mend anything... or at least try. Not always making things look good but working. Seeing shoes (crocs) held together with string is pretty insane... and electric tape and staples seem popular.

I like the no throw away policy though... one mans trash is another man's treasure [Big Grin]

I go to throw something out that isn't working and hubby then spends the evening repairing it [Frown]
At this moment it is the bathroom scales, which I haven't used for ages as they would probably scream my weight [Big Grin]

adelly
Member # 14574
 - posted
Yes, lol if it can be saved, dont need to buy a new one.

Monkey
Member # 17287
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
There was a guy here last week who said he had a slow motion moment when he realised his ipod was in the washer... he said he was just watching it go round. Poor kid.

We had a farewell party to it. It died [Frown]

The most stupid thing I have ever done is while in a rush I ran the tap to fill the sink so I could soak the breakfast dishes while I was at work. When I got home I was flooded as I had forgotten to turn it off. The dogs bless them spent the day on the sofa watching their bowls floating around the downstairs [Big Grin] Great excuse for a new floor though.

Did he only wait a week or did it happen before? I heard a story about a cam being washed up on a beach once. They tried to dry it out - hairdryer, airing cupboard, wotnot but it wouldn't work. So they threw it to the back of a drawer and forgot about it. Few months later they came across it, tried it again and it worked. It takes ages for the whole thing to dry out.

Saying that, I'd imagine an Ipod might be a little more fragile.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
Tbh, his music sucked lol... there is in only so much Elbow and Stone Roses a girl can take...

Monkey
Member # 17287
 - posted
You rotter! [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
Some might say [Smile]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com