EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cheap phone calls to Egypt from the UK » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Shanta Qadeema
Member # 9889
 - posted
http://www.simplyring.co.uk/cheap-international-calls-price.php?country=Egypt

Just came across this site.

Never used this service, no idea how good it is.

Kate-england
Member # 14873
 - posted
Has anybody tried this website as it seems great prices if it does work?! It alot better than the £1.50 it costs me a minute to call to Egypt from the UK.

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
When I was in Egypt I made my UK calls by skype. As I was on 'slow' internet, the first 2 minutes of any call sounded like I was talking through a sock... but my daughter got used to hearing it!!
When I got DSL it was just like a normal phone, and cheap!!! Wonderful!!!
I still use skype to call Egypt now.... cheapest way by far!

karim
Member # 3077
 - posted
Skype is the best.

antably
Member # 15755
 - posted
yes skype is great

Shanta Qadeema
Member # 9889
 - posted
yes, just did a 1 hour call on Skype using my Etisalat usb modem thingie and it was great - one short disconnection before we got started, but then it held all through and quality was great.

south_london_male
Member # 3917
 - posted
From UK I call Egypt and many other countries across the world for much cheaper prices using the following service , the voice is very clear and never has disconnection, even I call USA mobile phones for half pence per minute using my BT line.

http://niftylist.co.uk/calls/countries/e/

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
I like skype because you can use it from anywhere... I used it in Vietnam and Cambodia recently to call the uk.

south_london_male
Member # 3917
 - posted
Skype is good to call UK , but not cheap to call other countries as Egypt , using nifty list can cost you 4-6 pence per min to call Egypt , while Skype will cost you 10-12 pence per min, also you need to be on PC to call Egypt , while by using the numbers on the nifty list you do not need any pc /internet conection

Kate-england
Member # 14873
 - posted
I called my friend in Egypt tonight using simply ring and it cost me £2.00 for 3 min as the connection failed a few times which cost me £0.50 every time.
i will definitly try a different one tomorrow

Shanta Qadeema
Member # 9889
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kate-england:
I called my friend in Egypt tonight using simply ring and it cost me £2.00 for 3 min as the connection failed a few times which cost me £0.50 every time.
i will definitly try a different one tomorrow

Did you try asking them for a refund? Maybe they'll give you one!

karim
Member # 3077
 - posted
How much do you pay for the etisalat service and is that 3G service.

quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
yes, just did a 1 hour call on Skype using my Etisalat usb modem thingie and it was great - one short disconnection before we got started, but then it held all through and quality was great.

Kate-england
Member # 14873
 - posted
i dont think they will but i will definitly ask
:-D

Shanta Qadeema
Member # 9889
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
How much do you pay for the etisalat service and is that 3G service.

quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:

I pay 99LE for 1GB per month - yes 3G.
I actually did 6 hours on Skype that day in all, including 1 call of nearly 2 hours - and almost no disconnects.

I will have to upgrade my Etisalat to unlimited though - 6 hours of skype calls used something like 250MB + of my 1000MB monthly allowance [Frown]

Either that or summon up the energy to fight my TE Data connection and reconfigure my router [Frown]

queenie
Member # 14221
 - posted
This one is from just 6p a minute http://www.justcall.co.uk/country.asp?country=Egypt

MOONSTAR
Member # 15767
 - posted
Amazing thanks so much Queenie hopefully gone are the days of my £400 phone bills calling my boyfriend in Egypt. Used this last night it was brilliant and the line was really good. I think i love you now!!you'llsave me a fortune for more holidays in Luxor.

south_london_male
Member # 3917
 - posted
MOONSTAR: just call is expensive , I call mobiles in Egypt using the numbers on nifty list with great voice quality , this number for example cost 3 pence per min only: 0844 439 92 92

weirdkitty
Member # 15365
 - posted
Well, I got my phone bill for the last month... Ouch! That has made me learn the lesson never to phone egypt on my landline again. Heard lots of good things about skype, so I'll try that, but got to find a mic somewhere.

south_london_male
Member # 3917
 - posted
Kitty use numbers on niftylist site , you call land lines in Egypt for 5 pence for example using this number 0844 566 68 68 , I can not understand why people pay the same cost or more using PC, mic and Skype if they can do it for cheaper using thier home land line!!! SKYPE is good but not for calling many countries including Egypt

advocate
Member # 13367
 - posted
I use www.planetphonecards.com and have found them to be very good and cheap

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com