EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Who is the oldest member in the fourm » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
karim
Member # 3077
 - posted
I mean that joined the forum.
I am since Nov 2003 [Smile]

foreignluvr
Member # 5854
 - posted
I have seen several people that joined in 2002 that still participate but I can't think of their screen names.

I joined in 2004.

karen36
Member # 1076
 - posted
I am from 2002 [Smile]

YoungEgyptianGuy
Member # 15064
 - posted
wow karen
2002 and you only posted 208 times [Smile]
were you that busy?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356
 - posted
Sammy. [Razz]

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
There are a few members who have been here longer than me, but are now use different usernames. But, after sammy, I guess Shareen and I are up there with karen for longevity and sticking to our original usernames, as we all seem to have joined in the same month.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
ohh I thought you meant oldest as in age, that would be me at 87...or is it 89 I forget [Big Grin]

Have been stuck in this forum since 2004 and still cant find the way out [Frown]

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439
 - posted
lurked since 2001 when this forum was mainly about expats living in cairo and full of useful information my egyptian friends couldn't help me with. registered but didn't login for quite a while; then reregistered under current name.

i think everyone from those days is gone, debbie is the one i remember reading most as she had all the helpful, practical tips ...maybe citizen was around back then?

then the board completely changed with more foreigners living outside of egypt taking over. aka miss sarajevo era. a few people left still..shareen, karen, newcomer, dalia, dunes (now has a new username which momentarily fails me), and alistair (ditto about username)

funny how the last two posters have matured over the last 4-5 years. too bad the search function is disabled.

akshar
Member # 1680
 - posted
Oi wot about me, Jan 2003, some 6 months before I moved to Egypt

Dalia*
Member # 10593
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by karen36:
I am from 2002 [Smile]

Me too. [Smile] But I had to re-register since I lost my password.

Ooh, I just checked ... I registered in August 2002. I feel really ancient now. [Embarrassed]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00001230

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
I`m from 2006,but this new account is nov.2007.

karim
Member # 3077
 - posted
Wow since 2002
quote:
I am from 2002 [Smile]

karen36
Member # 1076
 - posted
I guess 208 posts in 6 years does give me professional lurker status. Why only 208 posts? Let's see:

I dont argue religion and politics, it's pointless.

I dont contribute to the "bad egyptian man" stories as losers are of all nationalities and I believe most people just want to vent.

I try not to post anything negative about Egypt as this board was created to promote Egypt. I want more people to discover its wonder and not read about all its problems.

I don't like to argue with people in real life so I wont hide behind a computer and do it.

I do not share much in the personal department.

Some new people on the board really irk me, but I just try to ignore them and their posts.

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share. Debbie (casual cairo) was my mentor for life in Egypt. She made my transition to Egyptian life much easier. I met her on this board.

FWIW, since 1995, I have visited, lived, divorced, married, given birth, worked, travelled, and recently departed from Egypt. I have lived as an expat and as the wife of an Egyptian. Been there, done that.

BTW: I miss Egypt everyday [Frown]

karen36
Member # 1076
 - posted
Citizen is another veteran poster I enjoy. And let's not forget Primak for the male's perspective!

lynn
Member # 887
 - posted
I've been a member since, April, 2002. Like Karen36, I qualify for professional lurker status, for many of the same reasons. However, I am still in Alex, where I have lived for almost 19 years.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by lynn:
I've been a member since, April, 2002. Like Karen36, I qualify for professional lurker status, for many of the same reasons. However, I am still in Alex, where I have lived for almost 19 years.

You would better qualify as a poster with soo many years experience living in Egypt.
[Cool]
Share with us.
Your contributions would be much welcome.

Vader
Member # 14189
 - posted
So who is the oldest person here ?

Am I the youngest ? 18 ?

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Vader, you are an egg [Big Grin]

MICKY A
Member # 11209
 - posted
i am older then dirt [Big Grin]

Dalia*
Member # 10593
 - posted
quote:

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share.

Wow, thank you, Karen. [Embarrassed]

walkingathinline
Member # 11504
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:

you are hardly older than dirt...and definitely don't look it, either! [Big Grin]

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share.

Wow, thank you, Karen. [Embarrassed]
That was nice, thanx [Smile]

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted

MICKY A
Member # 11209
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by walkingathinline:
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:

you are hardly older than dirt...and definitely don't look it, either! [Big Grin]
gee thanks "A" YOU JUST MADE MY DAY [Wink] [Razz]

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
If you're talking old as in age........ it's probably me!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Hey Samia, long time no see! How you're doing?? [Smile]

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
Tiger is back!! [Big Grin]
Samia, I doubt you are the oldest one. How is Georgia these days? [Smile]

karim
Member # 3077
 - posted
Are you 50 [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
If you're talking old as in age........ it's probably me!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Shareen
Member # 989
 - posted
quote:
I guess 208 posts in 6 years does give me professional lurker status. Why only 208 posts? Let's see:

I dont argue religion and politics, it's pointless.

I dont contribute to the "bad egyptian man" stories as losers are of all nationalities and I believe most people just want to vent.

I try not to post anything negative about Egypt as this board was created to promote Egypt. I want more people to discover its wonder and not read about all its problems.

I don't like to argue with people in real life so I wont hide behind a computer and do it.

I do not share much in the personal department.

Some new people on the board really irk me, but I just try to ignore them and their posts.

I would advise all readers to respect the writings of Exptincairo, Akshar, Shareen, Dalia, and Newcomer. These people have a lot to share. Debbie (casual cairo) was my mentor for life in Egypt. She made my transition to Egyptian life much easier. I met her on this board.

FWIW, since 1995, I have visited, lived, divorced, married, given birth, worked, travelled, and recently departed from Egypt. I have lived as an expat and as the wife of an Egyptian. Been there, done that.

BTW: I miss Egypt everyday [Frown]

And thanks from me too Karen.
Lots happened to me too since I first signed up in 2002, culminating in my move to Luxor last year. And like you, I dont post very often for the same reasons, although I have had my share of online battles in the past. Now, I just cant be bothered to argue and fight, there are more important things to get involved with.

encrypted
Member # 13625
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
I just cant be bothered to argue and fight, there are more important things to get involved with.

You're mentally ill, what could be more important? Name one [Confused]

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by encrypted:
quote:
I just cant be bothered to argue and fight, there are more important things to get involved with.

real life [Roll Eyes]

encrypted
Member # 13625
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

real life [Roll Eyes]
Define real. This is all real to me. I love my computer [Big Grin]

encrypted
Member # 13625
 - posted
Come on...........someone talk to me. I'm lonely [Big Grin]

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by karim:
Are you 50 [Smile]

quote:

Older!!!!! [Frown]

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Hey Samia, long time no see! How you're doing?? [Smile]

Hi Tiger.....I'm fine !! Just got back from a couple of months touring the far East.....(Vietnam. Cambodia, Thailand) and settling down to spring in Geargia.

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Smucky..... I'm almost as old as the Georgia hills!!!
Georgia is just turning hot......my favourite part of the year!!!
Hope all is ok with you!!! [Smile]

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Smucky..... I'm almost as old as the Georgia hills!!!
Georgia is just turning hot......my favourite part of the year!!!
Hope all is ok with you!!! [Smile]

reminds me of that song
Trisha Yearwood - Georgia Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSyWZgtm50Q

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
Samia you are so funny, I've seen those Georgia hills and I can assure you they're at least 2 or 3 years older than you. [Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink] (joking)

Vader isn't an egg, he's a zygote. [Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
quote:

real life [Roll Eyes]
Define real. This is all real to me. I love my computer [Big Grin]
Ohh me too, love it to bits, but if you go to Start then turn off computer and go outside the door there is a whole world of real life out there. Its not always good but its real. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com