EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » plz wish me to get well soon » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
i am infected by german measles and have to stay not les than 15 days at house

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043
 - posted
Salamtak! I hope you get well soon inshallah.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
thnx 7ayat i feel very bad cuz i am type of person cant sit at home 1 day ,but now i have to stay more than 15 days,i wish they pass quickly and i hope the infection doesnt spread to my face ,i hate looking at my body now

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
egy7... sorry to hear about your german measles. Its a horrible illness.
But please keep away from pregnant women.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
yes mamasue i will keep away from every body ,i hope these days pass quickly ,lol my only amusement now wil be es and facebook

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
i wnet to the dr today ,its chicken pocks

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Well yes I do hope you get well very soon. [Smile] Maybe you find some activities to do inside the house you always wanted to do but never found the time.

I am not sure if ES is so amusing these days - unless you like filth and drama at its best. [Roll Eyes]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072
 - posted
Good luck and hope you will get well soon.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
thnx tl and yr

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
thats too bad didnt u get vacinated when u were a kid for that?

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
i did tina

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
dont scratch... u will get bad scars.. and get well soon...

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
i scratched alot yesterday . i hope i dnt get bad scars ,thnx tina

snow white
Member # 15647
 - posted
Hope you are better soon [Smile]

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
thnx snow white lol u will all find fast replies ,i cant go out

tina kamal
Member # 13845
 - posted
i think when kids get it they can scratch alot and get infantigo i am not sure if adults can get it though... good luck and get alot of calmin lotion its like a pink bottle with pink solution.. use it alot for the itching.....assuming u are inn florida...

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
lol yes tina even here its a pinky solution,thnx 4 ur advise

manx
Member # 14517
 - posted
Aww best wishes for a speedy recovery esso [Smile]

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Get well soon Esso and no scratching [Big Grin]

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Itchy Itchy, Scratchy Scratchy

If you are that unlucky person, how do you keep your chickenpox from driving you crazy? They itch, but you're not supposed to scratch them.

These tips can help you feel less itchy:

- Keep cool because heat and sweat will make you itch more. You might want to put a cool, wet washcloth on the really bad areas.

- Trim your fingernails, so if you do scratch, they won't tear your skin.

- Soak in a lukewarm bath. Adding some oatmeal to your bath water can help relieve the itching.

- Have your mom or dad help you apply calamine lotion, which soothes itching.

Scratching the blisters can tear your skin and leave scars. Scratching can also let germs in, and the blisters could get infected. If your fever goes higher and an area of your skin gets really red, warm, and painful, tell an adult right away. You'll need to see a doctor because you could have a skin infection.

While you have the chickenpox, a pain reliever like acetaminophen might help you feel better, but let your parents help you with this.

http://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/sick/chicken_pox.html

manx
Member # 14517
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Itchy Itchy, Scratchy Scratchy

If you are that unlucky person, how do you keep your chickenpox from driving you crazy? They itch, but you're not supposed to scratch them.

These tips can help you feel less itchy:

- Keep cool because heat and sweat will make you itch more. You might want to put a cool, wet washcloth on the really bad areas.

- Trim your fingernails, so if you do scratch, they won't tear your skin.

- Soak in a lukewarm bath. Adding some oatmeal to your bath water can help relieve the itching.

- Have your mom or dad help you apply calamine lotion, which soothes itching.

Scratching the blisters can tear your skin and leave scars. Scratching can also let germs in, and the blisters could get infected. If your fever goes higher and an area of your skin gets really red, warm, and painful, tell an adult right away. You'll need to see a doctor because you could have a skin infection.

While you have the chickenpox, a pain reliever like acetaminophen might help you feel better, but let your parents help you with this.

http://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/sick/chicken_pox.html

German measles aren't the same as chicken pox tiger [Confused] ?

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
He thought he had german measles but has been to the doctors who have told him that he has chicken pox.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
thnx manx ,tl and young at heart,i had opinions by 2 different drs ,one of them told me i cant have a shower this week , the other told me no problem to have showers or put water on my body and i dnt know which to follow

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
I think a cool shower would be ok,just dont use any soap or shower gel.

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Esso, my mom says don't shower at all. Wait until everything is healed up.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
yes tl lol my mom said the same but i belive the othe dr who told me i can have showers ,he is really a good one ,i wanna make sure if i can or not ,lol maybe go to a 3rd dr tom

yat i really ned that

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
I thought just having the cool water would help to stop the itching. As long as no chemicals or harsh towel drying were used.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
i will wait till tom to have an opinion from a 3rd dr

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Yes esso get a third opinion, I'm no expert, so would hate to give you the wrong advice.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
yes i will take a 3rd opinion or maybe dont have showers this week 2 be mor ein a safe side

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Yes maybe for the best.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
yat when will u be in sharm?

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
back in December

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
wish u a good holiday here

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
Thanks esso. Looking forward to it.

of_gold
Member # 13418
 - posted
Get Well Soon egyptian7 [Smile]

quote:
Itching and cool baths
The best treatment for skin discomfort and itching is a cool or lukewarm bath every 3 to 4 hours for the first few days. Add 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) of baking soda per tub of water. Baths don't spread the chickenpox. Put calamine lotion on the itchy spots after the bath. You can also massage the itchy spots with an ice cube for 10 minutes. If the itching becomes severe or interferes with sleep, give your child a nonprescription antihistamine called Benadryl.

Chickenpox (Varicella)

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
lol thnx of gold ,in egypt chicken pox is related with kids lol i am teased now

mamasue
Member # 4691
 - posted
Egyptian7 ... I really sympathise with you!! An itch is the worst thing in the world!! I would rather have a pain than an itch..... really!!!!
As Tina says, calamine lotion slopped on in large quantities should give you some relief, at least!!!
Hope you feel better soon!!!

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
mamasue , the real problem is i am getting bored lol ,i cant sit 1 day at house now its 10 and also the wheather but i am in the ac 24 hrs

Sashyra8
Member # 14488
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian7:
mamasue , the real problem is i am getting bored lol ,i cant sit 1 day at house now its 10 and also the wheather but i am in the ac 24 hrs

I see you sitting everyday here bored [Roll Eyes] so i wonder why you say that....yawnnnn!

advocate
Member # 13367
 - posted
Get well soon Esso. I caught chickenpox from my sons a few years ago, it really is alot worse when you are an adult.

I used to use my knitting needles (yes, I can knit guys! [Wink] ) to scratch those hard to reach places!

Calamine lotion is also very good for the calming of the scratching, although you turn powdery pink and white [Big Grin]

Just try not to pick or you will be left with scarring.

DawnBev08
Member # 14964
 - posted
get well soon

mkhasen
Member # 15388
 - posted
I hope your sickness doesn't transmit via net.

Ramadan Kareem
Member # 14248
 - posted
Esso

get your mum to organise a

Pox Party [Big Grin]

Get mum to invite all the cousins and neighbours children under 8 and throw a party. Mingle and kiss them all as much as possible. It will pass an afternoon and you can enjoy the jelly and ice cream. Try to infect as many as you can [Wink]

Mums used to do that years ago in the hope that their kids WOULD catch the chicken pox. Get it over with before school starts and all that.

Much better to get it when you are a kid than an adult they say [Wink]

hey you could make it 'Fancy Dress'!!!
Coat yourself on Pink Calamine lotion then roll yourself in Oatmeal and go as Pink Porridge and say he is a famous gay cartoon character or something, like Tinky Winky and the kids will love it, and your get a lot of relief from the itching.

egyptian7
Member # 12215
 - posted
lol thnx 4 all replies and 4 sash i only once posted a post abt boredom so its not everyday as u claim

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com