EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » flat hunting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flat hunting
jiminosaka
Member # 8200

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jiminosaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all: I wonder if anyone can give me a realistic idea of how much it currently costs (on average) to rent in Zamalek? I've been told that it's about 3000 -6000 L.E per month. Can this be so? Is Cairo getting that expensive? I'm in Osaka at the moment and pay the = of 2500 L.E - in yen of course. I can't believe that renting in Zamalek has hithis level.

As I'm not in Egypt at the moment, but intend moving back soonish, I'd really appreciate any comments. I would also like to know how much a flat costs, and what is the procedure. Do they have to be bought outright, or is there some kind of mortgage facility available in Egypt; maybe through a U.K bank for example?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolo
Member # 8323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi u can take more chip than that if you need some thing contact me on lolo_yalolo@hotmail.com

As I'm not in Egypt at the moment, but intend moving back soonish, I'd really appreciate any comments. I would also like to know how much a flat costs, and what is the procedure. Do they have to be bought outright, or is there some kind of mortgage facility available in Egypt; maybe through a U.K bank for example? [/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 9 | From: cairo, egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
almarshall
Member # 6272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for almarshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey man, I'm looking for a flat in Zamalek right now, and everyplace I've checked has been around that price range. I've been told that it has to do with it being high season for Arab tourists, who supposedly are willing to rent flats for 6000 LE for 10-20 days....which kind of screws everyone else. The season ends in mid-September when the prices drop dramatically for flats....
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walid Kros
Member # 8448

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walid Kros     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi man,
i'm looking for a flat and a flat mate, i really cant find any, i would like to live in maadi,dokki or downtown
and because i'm not working now so i can just pay 550L.E
so if you would like to get together here is my email
wally1300@yahoo.com

Posts: 21 | From: denver,co,us | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jiminosaka
Member # 8200

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jiminosaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wallycross:
hi man,
i'm looking for a flat and a flat mate, i really cant find any, i would like to live in maadi,dokki or downtown
and because i'm not working now so i can just pay 550L.E
so if you would like to get together here is my email
wally1300@yahoo.com

Hi Wally: sorry, I'm in Japan at the moment. Cairo is still a few months down the line. The last time that I rented in Cairo though was in Zamalek and I found an add for shared digs at the AUC notice board. Maybe that would be of some help? Good luck, anyway.
Jiminosaka.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Development
Member # 8484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Development     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I just came back to Cairo yesterday, I was there for eight month last time. So I know a little bit how things are going on.

And as usual, I am back to this forum (don't hesitate to share any informations, this is how things will go on better for every body and your self!).

Well, I am from Belgium, working in a local egyptian NGO, looking for a room in Zamalek, or around. If you have any information, I will be glad to have it guys.

See you all soon.
My email:

Esseqqat_R@yahoo.com
Phone: 010.413.05.18

PS:
my answer to the questions above:
1. You may pay the lodge with a bank, but usually it is cash, hand to hand.
2. yes the oil people make the lodge so expensive in summer, as foreigner (me and you) make the lodge so expansive all the year for the autochthonous in some areas
3. The lodge in Zamalek are around 2400-5000EGP or more. For 3 or more people.

Posts: 19 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com