This is topic 21st birthday in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006694

Posted by Real life (Member # 7982) on :

Is a 21st birthday as important in Egypt as it is in England? What sort of celebration might there be? What would be an appropriate theme (eg in England most of the 21st birthday cards have an alcohol theme - what would be usual in Egypt if anything?)

Posted by _ (Member # 3567) on :

Birthdays are not getting usually celebrated in Egypt though for the small children they hold birthday parties.

Forget about sending him a card or whatever. Get in the plane and surprise him. I think this would be his biggest birthday gift you can give him. Good luck!

Posted by Real life (Member # 7982) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Birthdays are not getting usually celebrated in Egypt though for the small children they hold birthday parties.

Forget about sending him a card or whatever. Get in the plane and surprise him. I think this would be his biggest birthday gift you can give him. Good luck!

Hi Tigerlily - well I am actually going to see him (god willing!) in September, but its a couple of weeks before his birthday. Problem is his job contract runs out just before his birthday and he doesn't know if its going to be renewed yet so don't know where he'll be so I can't do a surprise visit (otherwise I would!) I wanted to take something with me for my visit.
I will just find something if its not a big deal in Egypt.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com