EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Question for Magnona and Ramadan in the US

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for Magnona and Ramadan in the US
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For I know there are many westerner muslims here, I would like to know how Ramadan looks like in your countries, do you have districts where you may feel some of a special atmosphere realted to Ramadan ? Do you have lanterns there (fanous Ramadan) or have you ever seen Muslim people taking care of hanging it on their doors or buying it for their kids ?
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heavens-Mirror
Member # 9011

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heavens-Mirror   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we dont have Ramadan in my country.. but i will be in Cairo when Ramadan starts.
Posts: 14 | From: Nottingham : UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Seattle they have the Convention center and have Eid el fitr there ... thousands and thousands of Muslims arrive
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 21 September 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
In Seattle they have the Convention center and have Eid el fitr there ... thousands and thousands of Muslims arrive

Happy lil Ramadan for them ou there

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:

We have huge meals in the 3 different Mosques here.

Community centers and Jewish Centers also hold a huge bash celebrating the Eid. Basically its a inter-faith celebration so gentiles and Jews alike can show their support for Muslims in the Community.

Then companies big corporate companies also put up Eid el-Fitr banners, put links and special web banners up on their intranets, also send special congrats to their Muslim employees as a show of support.

Along with what the politicans do, open house nights right after the Eid at the city halls to welcome Muslims of the community to open up to and become more active in their communities.

We have 80,000 or more Muslims out of a metropolitan area of 3.5 million. Its a must!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day Muslims will be majority insh'Allah ya Sono I know you love us soooooo much
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
One day Muslims will be majority insh'Allah ya Sono I know you love us soooooo much

What I would like to see is Islam bring in new converts for the right reasons, not out of hate for Jews and America.

I want quality not quantity.

So much of recent reverts carry on the same trend of white colonialism and evangelism of Christainity.

Taking up a new faith shouldn't be like voting, a choice between two bad options.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are so great Sonomod, you are so fair and very objective indeed

Thank you indeed

You made me wish from all my heart that you would be a Muslim .. insh'Allah Amin

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
You are so great Sonomod, you are so fair and very objective indeed

Thank you indeed

You made me wish from all my heart that you would be a Muslim .. insh'Allah Amin

I have thought about it a great deal and I am still studying the matter.

But if I was to convert now my husband would really take advantage of it and expect submission in ways that is not cool or Islamic.

My husband is heavy blooded.

I'll wait until the time is right.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
I have thought about it a great deal and I am still studying the matter.

But if I was to convert now my husband would really take advantage of it and expect submission in ways that is not cool or Islamic.

My husband is heavy blooded.

I'll wait until the time is right.

GOD BLESS YOU SONOMOD
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU DECIDE
RABENA MAAKI WE YEHDIKI YA RAB AMIN

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 21 September 2005).]

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:

God be with me during that time of praying and fasting...

Jannah

Amen Ya Rab AL Alameen
Can you, btw, state a range of time by which you would be here ?
Please try hard to set some, even virtual, range of time you would be back here

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 25 September 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com