EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Marriage in Egypt is

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marriage in Egypt is
MaliG182
Member # 8227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaliG182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
difficult. Or so i have been told by someone. However, I don't believe that it is. If you are poor and can't afford to buy a home for yourself and your wife, surely you can try renting a place. When I was in Cairo, I passed several apartment blocks that were built especially for financially-less-well-off young people who are married.

Does anyone think that the person who told me that they can't find a spouse because they are too poor, was just looking for my sympathy?

Posts: 356 | From: NEVERMIND | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaliG18:
difficult. Or so i have been told by someone. However, I don't believe that it is. If you are poor and can't afford to buy a home for yourself and your wife, surely you can try renting a place. When I was in Cairo, I passed several apartment blocks that were built especially for financially-less-well-off young people who are married.

Does anyone think that the person who told me that they can't find a spouse because they are too poor, was just looking for my sympathy?

Why are you so worried about them?

And besides don't go around Cairo looking for a woman! Or a wife, please don't.

There are so many young, beautiful, talented, intellegent, educated, disciplined Somali women here with strong deen. Please don't go out and marry someone other than a Somali woman. There are not enough Somali men to go around here in the USA let alone in other countries.

Let you know I personally see a lot of pharmacy students here that are not attached.

Your prospects are better here, marry up while you can. Somalis are managing to get a lot of guys to revert to Islam to marry them. You might not be good enough in due time!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_gurl
Member # 9034

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marriage in egypt is not impossible , you just need to be more flexible and make some compromises, that's all
Posts: 90 | From: Cairo,Egypt, | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I can get that you marriage can be diff in Egypt. But who sais its easy on the rest of planet Earth. All the men who has proposed to me, mind you even though I am young I have had a good deal of proposals.
All turn out either to be desperate, mentally imbalance and not to mention want me only as a trophy! Yes marriage in the west is a dance upon roses!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do not think any egyptian will be looking for your ssympathy,, this is the last thing any egyptian will do .. to ask SOMALIAN for that ,, what about marriage in Somalia .. do people get married there despite they are very poor ,, and do they have houses or do they just live in CAVES? you said you left Somalia at the age of 4 .. have you ever been there ? and stil you did not answer me in the other post.. how do you help your poor people in Somalia.. do you help them by posting about Egypt and your soort feelings about the ( POOR EGYPTIANS )!!!! why do not you fo and help your people.. by the way are you from Somalia or from Somaliland?? are you aware of the differnces by the way? and why you leftthe country .. was that for political asylum reasons!!!!hope you mange to reply this time
Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaliG182
Member # 8227

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaliG182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

Why are you so worried about them?

And besides don't go around Cairo looking for a woman! Or a wife, please don't.

There are so many young, beautiful, talented, intellegent, educated, disciplined Somali women here with strong deen. Please don't go out and marry someone other than a Somali woman. There are not enough Somali men to go around here in the USA let alone in other countries.

Let you know I personally see a lot of pharmacy students here that are not attached.

Your prospects are better here, marry up while you can. Somalis are managing to get a lot of guys to revert to Islam to marry them. You might not be good enough in due time!

Well I'm too young to get married but even if I were to get married, I wouldn't marry a woman since I am a woman. LOL

Posts: 356 | From: NEVERMIND | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaliG182
Member # 8227

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mohsen1000:
i do not think any egyptian will be looking for your ssympathy,, this is the last thing any egyptian will do .. to ask SOMALIAN for that ,, what about marriage in Somalia .. do people get married there despite they are very poor ,, and do they have houses or do they just live in CAVES? you said you left Somalia at the age of 4 .. have you ever been there ? and stil you did not answer me in the other post.. how do you help your poor people in Somalia.. do you help them by posting about Egypt and your soort feelings about the ( POOR EGYPTIANS )!!!! why do not you fo and help your people.. by the way are you from Somalia or from Somaliland?? are you aware of the differnces by the way? and why you leftthe country .. was that for political asylum reasons!!!!hope you mange to reply this time

Erm I've heard that somalis live in houses these days. They don't live in caves or tree houses anymore. Oh I sure miss my tree house in Mogadishu. Do you you know what? You are so ignorant. My family used to live in a big villa in Mogadishu walahi and we had to leave our home, countless photographs, belongs and memories; just to escape with our lives. Do you know what that feels like? No of course not.

Before the war, Somalia was a country with a fast-growing economy. It was a self-sufficient country (which the west hated). Somalia was a producer of all sorts of foods (including bananas, sugar cane, mangoes etc) and is a petroleum-rich country. The war began before an American company was due get into a deal with the authorites to work on the coast of Somalia.

Getting married is easy in Somalia because money doesn't mean much to people. They see whatever rizq Allah gives them. A teacher might marry a doctor (yes there are somali doctors believe it or not). A doctor might marry a housekeeper. Money doesn't mean much to Somalis so they marry whoever they fall in love with- no matter how poor they are. Plus houses are not very expensive in Somalia.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaliG18:
Well I'm too young to get married but even if I were to get married, I wouldn't marry a woman since I am a woman. LOL

Thank you for straightening that out!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com