EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » ever been to police station?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ever been to police station?
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are u italian? american or algerian? egyptian even? ever been in police station in egyp? why? and how u been treated there? im curious to listen to stories
Posts: 384 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh thankfully I never in my life had to go to the police station anywhere in this world. I have a white sheet..... [Big Grin]

Well once an Egyptian police man came to our apt. in Zamalek because nice neighbors complained (again) about the noise. The truth is they didn't like to have foreigners - and then even single girls - in their house.

The police man quickly changed his approach when he saw us. He made a big smile and stepped in our apt. My blonde flatmate fixed him a coffee and we ended up in a 30 minute kalam (his English wasn't the best though [Big Grin] ). Anyway, let's cut the story short here, at first he said we need to go to the police station to sign off some paper but then he said he'll take care of it. [Smile]

Egyptian police - your best friend and helper. Or wait - was it the German police?!

[Eek!] [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been to a police station for what? arrested,, no never, but yes i was in a police station in egypt once and was treated as if i were some important special person. Wont give the details of why i was there but i assure you an american that has any complaint against a person will indeed be taken seriously and encouraged to press charges or report it.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I had a 'tour' of one once and got to see the cells, identification line-up room (ha, not from the suspect side) and behind the scenes, generally. Luckily, I have never been inside an Egyptian police station, but know people who wouldn't recommend it. [Frown]
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to go when I had my mobile phone snatched in Hurghada.... it was a horrible experience!!!
it took 2 hours to find an Englsh speaker,,,, then I got accused of faking, to claim for insurance... they tried pelting me with questions about my private life!!....I had to eally lose my rag and threaten to call the British Consulate before they would even take me seriously....
Sudenly their tone changed..... they couldn't do enough for me!!!
They caught and arrested the thef 2 days later!!!
Really.... they were horrible!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't you on a bike when the incident happened? I remember you are talking about it.

I went once to the tourist police station in Hurghada and after complaining about a screaming and abusive minibus driver I had the impression they appreciated our initiative. Screaming at old foreign women passengers, can you believe that? My husband intervened. It was horrible to watch. Everyone got out of the bus incl. us, we'd rather walk in the heat. I hope this driver changed jobs by now..... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do u think would happen if egyptian stop u and slap you on your face in on street?
Posts: 384 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pity the fool who would do that.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep twice. Once in Luxor and once in Hurghada.
Had to report something and they could not have been any more helpful. Very chatty, very pleasant and helpful. Sorted the problem out and no money changed hands! lol

I think they only treat Egyptians very badly. They are usually very helpful to foreigners.

If you mean Egyptian policeman stopped and slapped me I would have him dragged to my consulate to explain why.
That would be after I punched him to the ground!!!!!!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Weren't you on a bike when the incident happened? I remember you are talking about it.

yes correct Tiger.... was riding home from work when he ran off the mountain beside Felfela restaurant.... pushed me off my bike and snatced it from the cord round my neck!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:

You remind me of Chandler from "Friends" [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:

Girl...we SO have to meet! [Big Grin]
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ana huna dont forget to eat some fool in egypt , u eat and get away with it
egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
ever been threatened by egyptian only becz u are american?
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only seen the best of attitudes towards americans while in Egypt. I've never once been talked badly to by an Egyptian. I have to wonder though if that's the norm or if it's because I was always with my Egyptian husband. I would like to think it the norm. I asked all of his friends and some of the taxi drivers what they thought of us and it was pretty much unanimous that their problem was not with the american people but moreso with the american govt'...which is funny 'cause that's how americans feel too!! lol
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whattobe
Member # 13346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whattobe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO YES I HAVE BEEN THERE TO THE POLICE STATION, AND THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY SHOULD BE, IT TAKE FOR EVER FOR THEM TO DO THERE JOB.....THEY ACT LIKE THE ONE WHO GOT MUGGED IS THE GUILTY ONE NOT THE REAL GUILTY AND THEY TALK TO SOME PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE S>>>>IT BUT THEY NEVER TALKED TO ME BAD, JUST IF U R EGYPTIAN I NOTICE THAT ,,, BUT I NEVER HAD INCOUNTER WITH THEM, THANK GOD,,, AND HOPEFULLY I NEVER WILL HAVE ONE,I AM SURE THEY NEED TO CHANGE SOME OF THERE LAWS WHEN IT IS BUY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT...
Posts: 26 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com