EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » best area for young family???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best area for young family???
Screwdriver
Member # 13583

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screwdriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, we are having trouble trying to decide the best place to move our young family (two adults with two babies).
We were considering red sea region but it is just not looking like the right choice for us after we looked deeper into it as an option (too far from cairo, expensive for shopping).
We also would like more opportunity for my husband to grow professionally and possibly open a clinic if finances allow down the road....just can't do everything all at once.
I have been thinking that it is really important for me to be a quick taxi ride from Carrefour and similar "foreigner style" shopping places.
I would like to know which residential compound would be best suitable for us and be a quick cheap taxi ride to Carrefour and Maadi in general without living outside of a compound.
I really want certain things to make life more enjoyable for us like a swimming pool,gym, ground floor with private garden and pharmacy, medical care (labs, xray, ultrasound, doctors) and basic groceries within walking distance and other foreigners to mingle with and lots of clean green spaces to play with the kids, we hope to be able to fit comfortably a little BBQ, kiddie pool and sitting area in the private garden.
We have our own furniture so do not want it furnished.
Is Rehab City suitable for this? How much would a private taxi cost to go to Carrefour from rehab city. Any other compound that anyone would suggest?
Currently I have no balcony to get fresh air and really feel cooped up...wish to feel the grass under my feet.
Thankyou in Advance.

Posts: 109 | From: The Pubs | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REFRESH
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Cairo.Average temperature is 6° below Cairo, so there is grass and fresh air.
It has all the facilities you`re asking for, it is not to far away from Maadi, airport, Heliopolis etc. there are schools, universities, hospitals, sportsclubs, and shoppingmalls are being builded right now.
The only thing what there is no market for, in my opinion, are private clinics. I think that market is full. You should have something very extraordinarry to offer...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muhaajira
Member # 11681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muhaajira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Rehab City and a private taxi to Carrefour usually costs me about 20-25 LE one way, but if you want the driver to wait for you they usually charge a waiting fee per/hr. Usually about 15-20 LE per/hr to wait on top of transportation.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com