EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » For those who cannot see annything good or positive!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those who cannot see annything good or positive!!
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started a topic called THE GOOD EGYPT! I asked people to get positive in their thoughts... But it seems that there are some who cannot understand what positive is, so here is your chance....

I assume one has to start a negative topic parrallel to a positive one to attract those who are tired of their lives..

Why do not you come and get it all here..

It is your chance to be as negative as you can...

Get out your

- Depression

- Frustration

_ Madness

Anything you feel negative..

Please do...

Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing, Madam. I`m not negative, I`m not depressed, I`m not frustrated and I used to like Madness. Nightboat to Cairo, to keep it Egyptian.
I don`t know what is frustrating that much you when I try to give a complete view. Even the most baddest people have good sides, and it is the same with everything in life.
I think the majority of Egyptians are having a rather negative look on their own society, that`s why they want to get out! How do you think they will think about a western woman who wants to put a light on only positive aspects?
They would laugh about you, and think that you would never understand...
You are free to see things in the way you like, but when you want to have reality in mind, you`re on the wrong way!
Because reality tells you that Egypt as a country is a poor country. And poverty has only negative effects on people, it is THAT SIMPLE!!!
So, you go ahead in your pink coloured illusion, but it is not for real!!!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
optimistic is good
but people too happy piss me off

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
And poverty has only negative effects on people, it is THAT SIMPLE!!!

How wrong you are, madam! It seems that it is you who is the one who isn't seeing the full full picture..it seems as if you have a very jaded point of view.

Although poverty can have some negative effects, it can also have many positive effects. Like everything in life, it depends what we make of our experiences. Not all poor people want to leave Egypt, and not all poor people see life in the west as the ideal that they are aiming for. There are many intelligent poor people who want to stay in their own country and have very good reasons for not wanting to go to the West.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no statistics available, Newcomer, but I`m talking in general. And in my expierence, in general it is the way I told you. And I know for SURE it is. Why, do you think, Egyptian gouvernment is taking all these measures from nowadays? Why do they practise a determent policy in case of immigration and intercultural realtionships? Because there is a need for!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salamanco
Member # 13595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salamanco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh, depressed ones know themselves as we can see..

Did money and being rich in the West brought happiness and prosperity to the people..

At least we smile in the worst moments... we are poor, but happy...

is not that a complete picture??

[Roll Eyes] [Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 108 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are thouasands of threads that tell negative and bad things on Egypt.

Why did not those, who want to show the COMPLETE PICTURE about Egypt, come and say STOP, there are also the POSITIVE ASPECTS of it?. To the contrary, they add to it and when there is something positive, they try to demolish it.

It is sad, really sad!!

Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
There are no statistics available, Newcomer, but I`m talking in general. And in my expierence, in general it is the way I told you. And I know for SURE it is. Why, do you think, Egyptian gouvernment is taking all these measures from nowadays? Why do they practise a determent policy in case of immigration and intercultural realtionships? Because there is a need for!

??????, I was responding to your definitive statements that poverty only only has negative effects and that the majority of Egyptians wanted to leave. I believe that it was you who was quantifying things rather than me. I was just trying to show that there was another side to the impressions that you were giving, and that the situation is not as clear cut and definitive as you were saying.

I am not saying that there aren't a large number of Egyptians who want to leave and go to the West; I heard that the States was experiencing most problems from from Pakistani men who are trying to use marriage to American women to emigrate and that Egyptians are a close second. But it it not the "majority" of Egyptians who are trying to get out or using this way to do so. And I believe that it is the countries that people are applying for immigration to that are taking the measures to deter Egyptians from immigrating to their countries, rather than the Egyptian government, and that has been heavily influenced by the so called "war on terror" and 9/11, rather than anything to do with the number of people wanting to leave.

The only intercultural marriages that are currently having difficulties from the Egyptian government are those with Americans, and that is based on the fact that the American Embassy in Cairo doesn't have the facilities to verify that an American is free to marry.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Egyptian gouvernment also is trying to keep it limited. Last times they even have broadcasted televisionprogrammes about the reality of immigration. They are raising up special project for the chanceless young men, the Gamal Mubarak Foundation is one of these attempts.
There are two sides to every medal, and I know that ONLY is not true, it is not meant literary. The world is not black and white only, most shades are grey.
I am in Egypt 3 á 4 times a year, and Egypt is coming to me 2 times a year, almost daily I am in contact with somebody Egyptian. So I know very well what is going on there.
Love-relationships don`t have my special interest, the society in total has. But it seems that this board is filled with almost only themes based on a kind of relationship. Maybe that`s why it is possible that I look rather negative. The mass of intercultural relationships I have seen are not happy and defenitly not easy. And most of them were based on taking advantage, one way or another. That`s not strange, it simply is the effect from poverty, just like any other comparable country has.
My interest is the social/cultural aspects of the people...

--------------------

newcomer
Member # 1056

This was just sent to me in an email and seems to fit here:

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as though just as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to a boil. In the first, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil, without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she
asked, 'Tell me what you see.'

'Carrots, eggs, and coffee,' she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did, and noted that they were soft.

The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, 'What does it mean, mother?'

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak.

The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

Which are you?' she asked her daughter. 'When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?'

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
The boiling water...

--------------------

salamanco
Member # 13595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salamanco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure are ????, boiling and you can damage and destory everything..

You need to come in terms with yourself dear..

Posts: 108 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather be boiling water on red lentils, you know how it turns them all brown?
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by salamanco:
You sure are ????, boiling and you can damage and destory everything..

You need to come in terms with yourself dear..

I don`t think you know me, Salamanco..
Cairo_Resident
Member # 11930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cairo_Resident   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I have noticed about being here is that the people are just plain miserable and they project that miserableness on to others and the chain effect goes on. And as for those who are "nice" then its usually because down the road they will ask you for a favor.
Posts: 9 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't life miserable? Aren't we fortunate if we find at least one meaningful thing to do with our lives once we are adults? I don't think Egyptians in general have recovered from when we used to be the most advanced culture in the world, and we currently expect to be competing with Europe or the United States in everything. Most of us haven't even spent enough time in these other cultures to know what battles are really being fought therein, and it gets tiring hearing Egyptians thinking that prosperity makes everything better. Case in point; nearly every guy that wants to leave the country in seach of a better job, wants to come back so his daughter isn't constantly offered drugs and alcohol once she hits puberty. There is no utopia [Frown]

Life is always hard in one way or the other, as we all know. Egyptians currently just whine more than most about it.
Personally, I have great parents, but my brother depresses me. I have a good income, but work dominates my life. I have a great fiancee, but the hardships she faces become my own. Society prejudges me no matter which society I am involved with. Should I be counting my blessings or cursing my misfortune?

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Should I be counting my blessings or cursing my misfortune?
You`ll feel better when you are able to count your blessings,and isn`t that where life is all about? [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com