EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hairdresser that speaks good English?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hairdresser that speaks good English?
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been asked to help find a hairdresser that speaks English. Someone that can do perms and colouring and all that. It would be great if they are in Zamalek, Mohandeseen, or Maadi.
It may be a long-shot, but thanks in advance. [Big Grin]

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hendh
Member # 894

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hendh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can go to mohamed el sagheer he is in zamalek and everyone there speaks very good english and he is very famous

--------------------
thanx

Posts: 50 | From: cairo, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much. Does he accept male and female clients? Or just one of the above?
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:
Someone that can do perms and colouring and all that.

I would think you are not asking for yourself, right? [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I one day was advised to go to a hairdresser in Korba name: Kriss. Many people told me that it is one of the best hairdressers of Cairo.
I went there and it turn to be the worse hairdresser I ever been and the most expensive one 240 LE for a cut and 3 highlights on my hair.
[Roll Eyes]

Same I was also told that everybody in the salon could speak English, but in fact their English was very limited and could hardly converse with the person who were cutting my hair and with the rest of the staffs.

If you ever hear about this hairdresser don’t ever go there

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marshallmathers
Member # 13717

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marshallmathers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wat exactlly are you lookin for an english hairdresser to just do a friends hair or a hairdresser to work for a place you know.the reason i am askin is i am an english hairdresser with full qualifications that can be seen and 7 years experience and lookin for full time work.i can do all the above you mentioned and more anyway i can be contacted on 0125344268 ask for melanie if anyone wants to offer me work as long as its decent salary ok tc x
Posts: 10 | From: hurghada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
It is just for a friends hair, sorry. Actually, one male friend who likes his curls relaxed, and one female who is trying to find a new look to suit her. They both live in Cairo. Would you still like them to reach you?
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there a guy at Kriss Salon called Joe that cuts hair well though?
Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Nora

I do not know about that Joe and the one who cut
my hair is Alain. he made my hair ( highlights and hair cut) in 20 minutes only. For the highlights he did not even bother to put some bleach and because my hairs are very dark the highlights were just a dark brown shadow on my head.

For the cut as he was in the hurry, I had to explain to him how to cut my hair at least 5 times and believes me he really did not care at all about what he was doing, is like he
Thought that I was just a tourist who was passing by, and who will never come back so why shall he bother to do the job well
I think his attitude was very unprofessional and really their style has nothing special and its as much expensive as in Europe.

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found a very good hair dresser in Maadi.

He hasn't got much English, but the girls who work with him do speak English. He cuts well, although he does not have the equipment that hair dressers in the UK have.

I always take a picture with me and he will cut exactly as I want. Shampoo, cut, and blow dry for under 10 UK pounds

Not too happy about the way they do nails and facials, but I suppose you cant have every thing

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ndegois
Member # 9164

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ndegois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if you want a bad experience try the Salon in City Stars .......

Not only they will do something you didnt ask for in your hair, as well as charge you a fortune.

I still remember the 70le I paid when i once came on a business trip to Cairo in 2005

Never again !!!!

--------------------
" The virtue of true love is not finding the perfect person but loving the imperfect person perfectly, love doesn`t have happy ending, because it simply doesn`t end "

Posts: 38 | From: Cairo- Heliopolis | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lola2000
Member # 1470

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where is the place?the nearest place to me n maadi,email:lolita77_eg@yahoo.com
Posts: 84 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com