EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Responding To An Insult

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Responding To An Insult
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it.”

- Rene Descartes

What should you do when insulted by someone unworthy to address you? You can either let the insult die at your feet or return fire. The first option is the most charming - you can put a full stop to that nonsense by giving them a condescending smile and shaking your head slowly then walk away.

In some cases, responding just gives more fuel to the insulter, but if you feel you must reply, don’t try to one-up anyone. Instead of groping for the perfect retort, take higher ground and lob a dismissive rejoinder. You’re disappointed in your chuckleheaded antagonist, not angry:

“Sorry you feel that way. Hope you feel better tomorrow”

or

“Come back when you’re sober, and we can talk.”

Then resume what you were doing. Your composure scores more points than any throw-down.

Not all questions deserve an answer, so likewise not every stupid comment deserves another stupid comment. So, don’t even give the person the satisfaction of knowing that they’ve bothered you.

Pathetic people deserve to be ignored or laughed at. Next time you get insulted take the high road, kill them with kindness and walk away!

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did somebody insult you? [Wink]
There is an expression like : You only can feel hurted when you allow somebody to hurt you. I do not agree in this, I think it totally depends on who did make the insulting remark.
1. When it is from somebody who is dear, it always hurts, and I think you must tell that you feel insulted and that it is hurting...
2. When somebody has no emotional connection, and he/she is insulting it depends on the personality from the person what to do. Sometimes it`s better to ignore because they`re to stupid anyway, sometimes the arrogant pose like you decribed is a good one, or making a nasty remark back. In that case you have to be perky, astute, clever, resourceful, smart, wily, bright, sharp at that particular moment and that is not given to everybody.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com