This is topic OT: Attention US citizens in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=016676

Posted by Shanta Qadeema (Member # 9889) on :

I want to buy a US SkypeIn number for US clients without Skype to call me. I have a choice of a wide range of states.

<IYHO>Which state is most 'businesslike'</IYHO>?

(its kind of business consultancy work)

Posted by cbrbddd (Member # 3891) on :

"most businesslike" . . . what do you mean?

Maybe New York?? they probably have more business ppl, hehe.

Texas, where I live, might be ok . . .we aren't all cowboys and rednecks down here, lol, and we have lots of consultant types including yours truly (computer consultant).

hehe well I don't really know much about the US inner workings and how people think so maybe there are some states which people would be sceptical of?

Like where is Hicksville for example - so I can avoid those states.

Posted by HandsUpHandsDown (Member # 15410) on :

I would say California. New York could give people the impression of being big biz and snooty.

Posted by Muby (Member # 12717) on :

Hicksville?? That would include the state that I was born in . . . and most of the surrounding states, hehe, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri . . . oh, Texas touches borders with Arkansas,lol.

California used to be more laid back, but LA is all about hype and business too, although San Francisco is a cool place . . . I'd live in northern California if I could afford to live there, lol . . . Texas is a better bargain property-wise.

I think NYC is more sophisticated than snooty . . . but you can actually find plenty of hicks surrounding all the big metropolitan areas.

SQ, maybe you should just take a dart and throw it at the map, lol!!

ohhhhhhhhh, i just thought of one for you . . . NEVADA, hehe . . . Las Vegas, baby!

Posted by HandsUpHandsDown (Member # 15410) on :

What about Michigan?

Posted by massenburg2008 (Member # 14767) on :

Massachusetts

Why not Washington - I'm interested none of you said that?

Posted by jean_bean (Member # 13715) on :

I would say either Connecticut, or Massachusetts.

Morning JB - I had a panic this morning - was having a laid back start to the day - have to leave at 1115 before the nightmare begins, then I had a panic at 1015 and thought Oh My God I'm supposed to be there at 11.. he he he - I sure hope I've got it right else the KGs will be running riot over 6th Oct!

quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
Why not Washington - I'm interested none of you said that?

Washington DC?? Why not? I like DC a lot . . . even if it is over run by politicians! They have some really great museums and I just love the International Spy Museum . . . which states that there are more spies per capita in WDC than any other city in the world! LOL, go figure . . . spies and politicians . . they must go hand in hand, ahahahah!

Or maybe you mean Washington state? Well, I haven't been there, but I hear it is a nice place to live and rather laid back too.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com