EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » AUGUST 22ND - MEET DETAILS (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: AUGUST 22ND - MEET DETAILS
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK,
it looks like this is the plan:

On FRIDAY AUGUST 22nd there will be a meeting of the executive board of ES Meet Ups PLC [Big Grin]

Venue: Merryland, Nr Roxy Heliopolis, Cairo
Spot: Meet at TGI Fridays which is apparently right by the entrance.
Time: Collect during the afternoon but aim to be there by 4pm.

Nearest public transport system: Roxy stop of the Heliopolis Overground Metro (otherwise known as the tram) which you can get from Ramses Station.

Link to this post in the general 'August Meet' thread for links to maps and directions:
general August meet topic with map links

Hope to see some folks there! I've got a few people's phone numbers and I guess enough people can 'chain through' to make contact!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there yipeeeee
Cant wait to see everyone.
Im so excited havent been to cairo since the last meet which i loved.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egypt 2007
Member # 14398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egypt 2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOh send some pics - wish i could be there... I wont be in Egypt untill the 29th of August..
Posts: 306 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wish I could there - remember me!
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i will be there. Cheeky went today and i aint crazy (yet!!) it is there and very much open. Are some of us still meeting in TGI's before we go into the park. Who else is coming or should i not ask SQ haha

Dont worry Egypt 2007 we can have a small meet when you come. I am sure cheeky will be up for it too. Ha ha sorry cheeky i volunteer you for everything.

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you know me.. I am such a socialite and party ferret [Smile] I have cleary stated this before but I would seriously attend the opening of an envelope.

Mini meets, Massive meets, supermarket meets, lunch meets, coffee meets, meat meets [Big Grin]

SQ, shall I be the official minute taker [Big Grin] you are very professional.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun on Friday, girls!! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun! I wanted to come and been yes-no-yes-no all week but I think it is still just too hot for me to go out around 4 PM. I hate sweating and this big tummy doesn't help a thing! Maybe nex time.
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why not meet up with us before then. A few of us are meeting at 2pm in TGI's cos we didnt want to arrive all hot and sweaty. You could yellow cab it so you have air con door to door haha. Either that or we meet up at city stars a lot (cos it is great for air con again). PM me for my nummber if you fancy joining us.
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh the meeting is on now!!!!!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cloudberry:
Have fun! I wanted to come and been yes-no-yes-no all week but I think it is still just too hot for me to go out around 4 PM. I hate sweating and this big tummy doesn't help a thing! Maybe nex time.

Cloudberry, CONGRATULATIONS on our pregnancy! So when are you due?? [Smile]
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Next Tuesday!
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow so soon!!! I am gonna be thinking about you.... all the best for the delivery!! [Smile] [Smile]
Nile-Hilton
Member # 15625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nile-Hilton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today!
Posts: 109 | From: Nile Hilton | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nile-Hilton:
Today!

What today?? [Confused] You're pregnant too and you are due for today?? [Razz] [Razz] Or are you talking about the meeting?? hehehe [Big Grin]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cloudberry:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Next Tuesday!
Wishing you all the best cloudberry [Wink]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So.... how did the meet go?? I would have loved to meet Shanta, miffmiss and Rose..... oh well, maybe next time!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi guys, the meet went very well, I was there (of course), Shanta, Amr, Vader, Lindsey, Cheeky Ferret, Miss Sharm and miffmiss et al.

We all had a good time and left pretty late. I am sure pics will be posted in time.

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamasue: perhaps we will all descend upon Georgia!!

[Smile]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
any pics yet????
[Smile]

Weirdkitty - I cant find your pics?

have a good weekend everyone

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
hi guys, the meet went very well, I was there (of course), Shanta, Amr, Vader, Lindsey, Cheeky Ferret, Miss Sharm and miffmiss et al.

We all had a good time and left pretty late. I am sure pics will be posted in time.

Yes and Yorkie & Happy and someone who no longer belongs to the board, ..

We never actually made it into Merryland after all that - stayed in TGIs - it was SO hot!

Maybe Merryland in the winter will be more enticing!

I disgraced myself entirely - having been very unwell on Thursday I gave in to Advocate and instead of forcing her onto the microbuses met her at her hotel and joined her in a taxi - Oh the SHAME [Embarrassed] [Wink]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was great i enjoyed it to, sorry your not so well advocate. Thanks all.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

hehe Yorkie it was me that was unwell not Advocate - unless of course she is now [Wink]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
mamasue: perhaps we will all descend upon Georgia!!

[Smile]

Please do....I miss my Egypt expat friends!!!! [Smile]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
I do hope you are feeling better now xxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Hey all had a great time. I hear for some the party is still going this morning [Wink] haha

I have been trying to find my wire to down load the photos. Which would you preffer photos on here or on facebook. Anyone not want the photo posted anywhere

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
here is fine, cant, wait to see them.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind! I had a brilliant time! so did Ahmed. i was totally shattered when we got home! Everyone was lovely! so happy i went. Thank you for organising it! xxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a great time, apparently [Wink]

It was fabulous meeting all of you...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was fun , we should do it again some times
great meeting YA ALL

Now 2 bottles of JD that was fun [Big Grin]

Amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
I had a great time, apparently [Wink]

It was fabulous meeting all of you...

and apparently CF doesn't think I'm a geek anymore [Big Grin]

She tactfully ignored the orange anorak and flask as she saw me down on Ramses Station platforms with my trusty notebook and pencil [Wink]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
haha i love the way you are super organised SQ.

I cant beleive you all polished off those 2 JD bottles.

Well my photos are on Facebook now. I will put some on here when i have time

I found a puppy when i got home. Anyone want a puppy he is adorable. Mr T is going mad at an unclean dog in the house but i bathed him haha [Smile] [Wink]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

For the record I did not partake of any JD as I am allergic to alcohol (seriously! [Eek!] )
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
and i was not involved either as i was not in the house of harem. Also Mr T would have killed me haha.
cloudberry
Member # 11163

[Eek!] So nearly nobody admits drinking those 2 bottles [Big Grin]

Funny, have some memories about TGI and JD as well... [Razz]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they all "doth protest too much!!!!!" [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am not protesting, I even had my folks buying me some on the side!!! Hence why I woke up on the floor...

I will definately be staying in touch more with more of you guys as I met some really fab people. Advocate... who's coat was that Jacket [Wink]

SQ, you are officially de-geeked and have moved into my cool dude category. As for being allergic to alcohol [Frown] Life is harsh man... so harsh.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
I didnt take part in the JD session, but i was a bit jealous, but so glad now as i would of been so sick today.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Weirdkitty - I cant find your pics?
Pics, huh? When did I get involved with the thread lol.
All my egypt pics are on my facebook, http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=ria+lark anyone feel free to add me.

Glad you all had a good time at the meet, if I'm cairo in oct, there better be another one! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

is that arabic vader?
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya someone has a damn good cam.... great pics... im jealous too.. when i ever get to egypt we must all meet ...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *****     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gr8 pics hope you all had fab time, Yorkie
could not see you in pic, trying to remember from your wedding pic, but was not sure which one was you.
Would love to see more pics [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Posts: 564 | From: planet earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, just to clear the confusion to some of the people who added me on facebook- I was not at the meet! I left egypt last Friday, so only got to meet miffmiss and cheekyferret.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it doesnt matter if u was there or no its still nice to have new friends... right?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i don't regret bringing this 2 bottles of JD heh i know i did enjoy it so as mandy and remon
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
it doesnt matter if u was there or no its still nice to have new friends... right?
Of course, but some people added me to see pictures of the meet, which I don't have, so thought I should alert everyone.

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:

**** **** **** ****? **** **** **** [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hey, it looks like that was one happy meeting!! [Smile]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
quote:
Of course, but some people added me to see pictures of the meet, which I don't have, so thought I should alert everyone.
i seen the pics i added u cas yr nice...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com