EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Thread to make Penny jealous ;)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thread to make Penny jealous ;)
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 12 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well never say customer service is not alive and well in Egypt.
Some of you may recall I had crap signal for my extremely expensive (when I got it) Etisalat USB Modem thingy (signal was ok for the first 3 months then went rubbish).
Some of you may even recall that I had to go fishing for a signal with the modem suspended on the end of a mop handle outside my window....
About 3 months ago I complained a couple of times and my friend's husband also complained on my behalf in arabic to make sure they understood my point...
Anyway, about a month ago I posted on here that I had a beautiful 'blue' signal in my living room but it was shortlived - cut off after an hour.
A few days later, Etisalat customer service phoned friend's husband and said many apologies about the bad reception, but they were going to improve the signal round here.....
Well - its been a bit patchy for the past couple of weeks but I'm now feeling very confident and I have got the most beautiful BLUE - yeh even unto the CYAN light glowing right here indoors inside my office! No mop handles, dangly bits or whatever required!!!!!

Eat your heart out Penny [Wink] Might be worth you complaining when you get back to Alex.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is it with technology?!?!?

if only it would work all the time - drives me crazy

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats good, I think I will complain when we get back to Cairo. The signal at our apartment is very weak. I'm using Etisalat now also, but with a Linksys router and a vodafone aircard (unlocked it to work with any sim).

In Sharm I have noticed with great signal, etisalat's routers here just stop responding for about 30 seconds at random. Noticed the same on a friends DSL. It's like the main lines going back to cairo are in a constant state of flap heh. Highly annoying when working over anything session based (the flap breaks the connection). [Razz]

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com