EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » shame on drs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shame on drs
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after 4 days sitting at house taking antibiotics i discover he dr told me its chicken pox while it isnt
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so what is it?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes what's the update on your medical situation?? Have you been to another doctor?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't you have know by self diagnosis and family help? I mean chickenpox is quite distinguishable.

So what is it that you have Esso? Is it contagious?

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chickenpox is very distingishable and nowadays a trip to the drs isn't necessary unless you get one of the side effects (some can be dangerous) or if you are pregnant but you don't need a GCSE to figure out that you aren't pregnant Esso lol.....
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_DNA
Member # 15725

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr_DNA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chickenpox is caused by a virus. If your doctor diagnosed you with chickenpox and then prescribed antibiotics to treat it, then you do not have a very good doctor. Antibiotics are not effective in treating viral infections.
Posts: 2 | From: Maadi | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly, taking Anti'bs for a viral infection can actual be harmful and cause side effects.

Chickenpox only requires Anti'bs if the sores get a bacterial infection.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian7:
after 4 days sitting at house taking antibiotics i discover he dr told me its chicken pox while it isnt

Bird flu?? [Cool]
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
lmao ... he has HN-51.

It is probably even worse than bird flu [Frown] It could even be MAN FLU. [Wink]

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha,

Vicci sent me some links on Man Flu!

that is some funny stuff. Had seen the symptoms before but never knew the cause.

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EElqrgk4N0

this is serious folks....

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but in egyptian/esso7's case, it is more like BABY MAN Flu . . . not grown up enough to qualify as a MAN, [Wink]

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, girls, be serious! Esso obviously got hit hard with an infectious disease. I hope he will give us more details shortly. [Frown]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ten Most Common Forms of Office Illness

1. The Macy’s One Day Sale Flu.

2. The Drivers License Renewal Appointment 24-Hour Virus.

3. The Friday-Afternoon-Start-The-Weekend-Early Sudden Unbearable Stomach Pains.

4. The I’m Looking for a New Job and I Don’t Know How Long It’s Going to Take, but I Want To Stay On The Payroll Until Then Mysterious Infection.

5. The My Boyfriend’s Got the Week Off So Suddenly I’m Too Contagious To Come In To The Office Disease.

6. The I Need a Hair Cut and My Stylist Doesn’t Make Evening Appointments Bout of Influenza.

7. The There’s No Federal Holidays for Two Months and I Want a Day Off Sickness.

8. The It’s Spring Break and I Want To Pretend I’m a Teenager Again General Ailment.

9. The I Accidentally Deleted All the Accounts Receivable Files and I Won’t Come In To Face the Music Terminal Illness.

10. The I Really Am Sick and I’ve Got The Doctor’s Bills and the Completed Medical Expense Reimbursement Forms to Prove It Infirmity.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:

i know the british try to be funny but i just cant get the humor..... whats so funny about this video???
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was an advertisement in the UK a while ago. British men are such babies when they are sick!! [Frown]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:

i know the british try to be funny but i just cant get the humor..... whats so funny about this video???
British try to be funny...........British are funny!!
We think so anyway [Big Grin]

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

O-oh. Dr. Oetker did it again.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so are Lebanese hairdressers [Big Grin]
Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
Yes, but in egyptian/esso7's case, it is more like BABY MAN Flu . . . not grown up enough to qualify as a MAN, [Wink]

I would instead classify it as a case of Attention Seeking Flu [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thnx 4 making fun

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Hope you are feeling better Esso [Smile]
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
thnx advocate i do feel better as i can go out now

--------------------
islam

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am glad to see humour is still conatagious! I was beginning to worry [Smile]
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ramadan Kareem:

Lebanese hairdressers are very funny, after you have escaped from the salon, with half-cut soaking wet hair. Last time I went - a fight broke out in the salon with the girls hissing and spitting at each other. Then one of them found my missing earring and started biting it to see if it was gold. I grabbed my earring and ran for it. [Big Grin]
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
quote:
thnx 4 making fun

Sorry Esso, hope you feel better now [Smile]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:
quote:
Originally posted by Ramadan Kareem:

Lebanese hairdressers are very funny, after you have escaped from the salon, with half-cut soaking wet hair. Last time I went - a fight broke out in the salon with the girls hissing and spitting at each other. Then one of them found my missing earring and started biting it to see if it was gold. I grabbed my earring and ran for it. [Big Grin]
There's a quite recent Lebanese movie precisely about hairdressers,called "Caramel":

http://www.bloggingbeirut.com/archives/1114-Caramel-Lebanese-Movie-Synopsis-Trailer.html

Ive friends who have seen it and liked it much.

http://yalibnan.com/site/tv/2007/06/caramel_movie_trailer_by_nadin.php

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
yes samaka i am much better

--------------------
islam

MK'sFriend
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK'sFriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:

O-oh. Dr. Oetker did it again.
I saw your new picture on Facebook......you're gorgeous [Wink]
Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yes samaka i am much better

I was going to ask you what the doctor told you to do for heat rash, but since you've left thats useless.
Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Same thing with my ex fiance in sharm. When i was there a few years ago we went to hospital and she said it was chicken pox... i know very well it wasnt cause i have seen chicken pox a few times having had them myself, my step sister, brother, 2 of my kids. But she gave him 2 antibiotics and some other stuff.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
mystic u should have gone with me to the dr instead of what happened to me 4 days at house and taking antibiotics every 6 hrs , delicious i take a medicine called clartene and i am okay now

--------------------
islam

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egy, do you mean clarityn? Thats an antihisthamine, for allergy relief... so you obviously just had some kind of allergy..... at least you're ok now.
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
yes mamasue i amokay now ,it was just an allergy and not chicken pox thnx god

--------------------
islam

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Unbelievable! How could you get so wrong diagnosed by two doctors??? [Confused] Please from now on just take advise from a REAL professional.

Glad you're doing better, Esso. Wonder to what you had such a strong allergic reaction??

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com