EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Advice please about getting a nursing job in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice please about getting a nursing job in Egypt
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have a good female friend who is a nurse, specialty orthopaedics/neurosurgery. But with experience in a quite a few things. She is American but wants to move to Egypt and get a job over there preferable in this field. Location is not a big issue Cairo, Alex, Luxor. She would like to know are there hospitals that employ foreign nurses? Hospitals that pay better for educated nurses?????? As she is aware that nurses are not high on the totem pole at all and do not make a salary comparable to the USA
If getting a job in nursing is not feasible what jobs are available for American like this some Egyptians have told her she has a better chance than they do just cause she is American. Can I please have the opinion of one that lives there in Egypt, and has lived there for some time? She needs the honest brutal truth plzzzzz

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there

Well theer is a couple of places which recruit foreign nurses and someoen with her experience and probably if she holds a qualified and certified us nursing degree she could get a chance..

I know there are places which recruit forein nurses and among them all is DAR AL FOUAD hospital which works in association with cleveland clinic and all the time they are in need for qualified nurses especially in the field of neurosurgery which would be an asset for her..

she would be getting a good pay too but otherwise not in so much places would she be getting such a high pay but relatively its good enough and very good i would say...

just give me time and by tommorow ill be giving u a couple of adresses for the Human resources and recruitment adresses of that DAR AL FOUAD and some other major medical centres that she would be much appealing to..

And may allah do the best

bye for now

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so helpful especially the US connection

quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
Hi there

Well theer is a couple of places which recruit foreign nurses and someoen with her experience and probably if she holds a qualified and certified us nursing degree she could get a chance..

I know there are places which recruit forein nurses and among them all is DAR AL FOUAD hospital which works in association with cleveland clinic and all the time they are in need for qualified nurses especially in the field of neurosurgery which would be an asset for her..

she would be getting a good pay too but otherwise not in so much places would she be getting such a high pay but relatively its good enough and very good i would say...

just give me time and by tommorow ill be giving u a couple of adresses for the Human resources and recruitment adresses of that DAR AL FOUAD and some other major medical centres that she would be much appealing to..

bye for now

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zlna0695
Member # 3422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zlna0695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Egyptdoc'
I am a qualified EEG/Neurophysiology Technician. Do you think there is any call for us out there?

quote:
Hi there

bye for now

Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morning all

Well zina, inteersting to know ur an EEG/neurophysiology technician and by the way just 2 months ago, there was a demand for 2 of them and cairo scan centres and guess who filled the position?? 1 foreigner and 1 egyptian..

Well there are quite a few demands everynow and then for that, i ll' give u some major centres adresses to whome u can better post ur resume or to contact and keep in touch with and inshallah if i get to pass by any demand in ur field i will let u know..just expect some contacts and adresses by weekend..

and best of luck with all

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

[QUOTE]Originally posted by akshar:
[B]That is so helpful especially the US connection

Dar Al Fouad Hospital
26 July Road
6th October City
Cairo
Egypt

Mr. Tarek Hassan
HR manager
email tarekhassan63@hotmail.com

please let her post her resume on the email adress and hopefully things shall go fine ishallah

be safe

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

hi again
http://www.careeregypt.com/Egypt

let her check and post her rsume in here too, its the best career search engine in egypt..

will disucc with u later some of the ideas she could make use of inshallah

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
That is so helpful if you have anymore please email me jane @ flatsinluxor.co.uk

------------------

anedra
Member # 3963

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anedra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Doc,

I'm Italian and I felt in love with Cairo the last year when I used to manage a my friend's Italian Restaurant in Nasr City.
Now I'm in Italy and I miss haram Cairo, his people the feelings I used to have when I I was there...
I tried to find a Job in Cairo again but it's very difficoult...could u some me any advice? (I tought even to start a business between Egypt and Italy..)

Thank you anyway
Andrea Dell'Aquia

Posts: 3 | From: Italy | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

quote:
Originally posted by anedra:
Dear Doc,

I'm Italian and I felt in love with Cairo the last year when I used to manage a my friend's Italian Restaurant in Nasr City.
Now I'm in Italy and I miss haram Cairo, his people the feelings I used to have when I I was there...
I tried to find a Job in Cairo again but it's very difficoult...could u some me any advice? (I tought even to start a business between Egypt and Italy..)

Thank you anyway
Andrea Dell'Aquia

Hi andrea,

well i hope things can turn better for u and make ur dream come true..well why dont u tell us more about ur qualifications, what sort of jobs ur looking for..as i said the job market is narrow regarding some jobs but still could be possible to find something..

u can still try the job site i posted above and still u can tell more about ur qualifications and what u expect and hopefully will keep u updated with anytihng that could suit u..

welcome on board and enjoy ur time
ciao ciao

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

by the way andrea

i recommend u to post also in " classifieds" thread..kindly let is know what ur looking for..

take care

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

lizard
Member # 3980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi EgyptianDoc77

iam 26 years nurse from france and i joined the islam 4 months from now. i want change my life and i have certificate in nursing, i work in a big cancer center in paris.
can you help me with advice and give me advice of job in egypt.

Brigitte (Aisha)

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

quote:
Originally posted by lizard:
hi EgyptianDoc77

iam 26 years nurse from france and i joined the islam 4 months from now. i want change my life and i have certificate in nursing, i work in a big cancer center in paris.
can you help me with advice and give me advice of job in egypt.

Brigitte (Aisha)

Hi Brigitte

congratulations for the revert dear and best of luck with all..

i just need to ask u something, u said u work for a major cancer centre at paris, by that do u mean " institut Gustave-Roussy" ???, the one at villejuif???
how many years of experience do you have and by the way if u have any experience with radiotherapy or chemotherapy it would be much of an asset...There are a number of nursing job vacancies available in this field at the moment and at some major hosiptals in cairo, being a much demanding field at the moment...kindly be fast enough to send me a translated CV (Curriculum Vitae) of urs in english and send it to me at either

E-mail : egydoc77@yahoo.com

fax : +202-6711410
: +202-6328955

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

[This message has been edited by EgyptianDoc77 (edited 08 April 2004).]

lizard
Member # 3980

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi Brigitte

congratulations for the revert dear and best of luck with all..

i just need to ask u something, u said u work for a major cancer centre at paris, by that do u mean " institut Gustave-Roussy" ???, the one at villejuif???
how many years of experience do you have and by the way if u have any experience with radiotherapy or chemotherapy it would be much of an asset...There are a number of nursing job vacancies available in this field at the moment and at some major hosiptals in cairo, being a much demanding field at the moment...kindly be fast enough to send me a translated CV (Curriculum Vitae) of urs in english and send it to me at either

E-mail : egydoc77@yahoo.com

fax : +202-6711410
: +202-6328955

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. I EMAIL YOU

Brigitte(Aisha)

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elite
Member # 4063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
Posts: 9 | From: lebanon | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elite
Member # 4063

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi

can i ask how i get a training in egyptian hospitals during my internship? what do i have to do and what adresses to write to
does it cost money?

i graduated from beirut school of medicine from lebanese universty and will start my internship in june for 12 months. i plan to spend 3 months in egyptian hospitals so can you help me with what adresses to write to and how much money it costs?

thank you very much

Mirna saba

Posts: 9 | From: lebanon | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elite
Member # 4063

Rate Member

hi

and also can you please tell me if they will provide accomodation along with the training or just training? and how much that will cost?

thank you very much

Mirna Saba

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elite, I have no idea where to send you, but just wanted to say that there was a young Brit woman here for a few months doing an Internship with Ain Shems University and their Hospital, very recently. They did provide her with housing near the University. You might do a search for something to do with Ain Shems (or Shams) University and see what you can find.

Good luck.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elite
Member # 4063

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Elite, I have no idea where to send you, but just wanted to say that there was a young Brit woman here for a few months doing an Internship with Ain Shems University and their Hospital, very recently. They did provide her with housing near the University. You might do a search for something to do with Ain Shems (or Shams) University and see what you can find.

Good luck.

thank you very much. i have tried to search for this before but it doesnt work and email i sent to didnt not reply me so i would like to have a more specific adress to write or fax to send to . thank you very much and do you know this girl email?

i also would like help from EgyptianDoc77 and i will be very thankful for his response and his help like he do and from all Doctors in Egypt in this channel so please i wait the kind respond..

thanks you very much
Mirna Saba

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elite:
thank you very much. i have tried to search for this before but it doesnt work and email i sent to didnt not reply me so i would like to have a more specific adress to write or fax to send to . thank you very much and do you know this girl email?

Sorry, NO. She and I did not become that close of friends and she is gone now.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elite
Member # 4063

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Sorry, NO. She and I did not become that close of friends and she is gone now.

no problem and thank you

Mirna saba

karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this ad last friday in the waseet newspaper:

Required: Nurses (Supervisors, Labor room, ICU, Out clinics, Operating room)
high institute of nursing, 3 yrs. experience, fluent in english, practice licence

Good luck to everyone!

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anedra
Member # 3963

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anedra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for my late answer,

First of all many thanks for your helpfulness.
About my pro-skills I graduated in tourism economy and I would like to get a job in the tourism field which can let me collect a good experience. I have a degree, I collected several experiences (even in the sport field) but I would like to start building an high professionalism in just one sector, (hotel or restaurant or travel agency) wich can could give me the possibility, one day, to be an high level Manager.
Now I'm attending a dive course, I will be dive master in september.

Thanks,
Andrea(annedra@libero.it)
P.S. If you think I can send my CV by mail

quote:
Hi andrea,

well i hope things can turn better for u and make ur dream come true..well why dont u tell us more about ur qualifications, what sort of jobs ur looking for..as i said the job market is narrow regarding some jobs but still could be possible to find something..

u can still try the job site i posted above and still u can tell more about ur qualifications and what u expect and hopefully will keep u updated with anytihng that could suit u..

welcome on board and enjoy ur time
ciao ciao

Posts: 3 | From: Italy | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasmina
Member # 4777

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jasmina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sallam alekum
i am a muslima nurse from romania
i am married with egyptian man who finish last year the school
i want to fined one job us nurse in cairo and i will need help
iwork from 5 monts in nefrology clinic
i know also litlle arabic
can you give me some advice how to fined job
pls
thank you

Posts: 4 | From: romania | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com