EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Mother axes daughter to death in Jordan 'honor killing'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mother axes daughter to death in Jordan 'honor killing'
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother axes daughter to death in Jordan 'honor killing'

July 31, 2006

AMMAN -- A Jordanian woman hacked her 26-year-old daughter to death in her sleep with an axe for giving birth out of wedlock, the Jordan Times reported Sunday.

The 69-year-old mother and another daughter turned themselves in to police after Saturday's killing, claiming they had acted to cleanse the "family honor," the paper said, quoting official sources.

They were charged with premeditated murder, the sources said.

The victim had been divorced for the past seven years and had given birth to a boy on the day she was murdered.

Hours later "her enraged mother decided to kill her to cleanse the family honor," one official told the newspaper.

"The mother and daughter waited until the victim went to sleep, took an axe and hacked her repeatedly until they made sure she was dead," the official said.

More than 10 women have been killed in similar "honor crimes" since January in the conservative Muslim kingdom.

http://www.metimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20060730-070403-2661r

This is what blows. Often times women reinforce the double standard. Come on here, why hasn't the biological father been axed to death as well?

Even here in the USA when I woman is caught sinning very little blame is cast upon the man she was supposively sinning with.

Every culture is guilty of promoting the double standard.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honor killings are just horrific! I can't believe that a girl gets murdered simply for having a boyfriend! What is wrong with that mother and daughter?
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was gonna tell u summat but then after reading wat i wrote i decided against it ,all i can say is ive hope ive achieved my goal now in wat ihavenow ,but as before lets say if u dont see me write again my husband has hacked me to death ,for my PAST!!!
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is scary awrah but as you said men never get blamed for anything. in fact that man could lead a normal life with no past hunting him. i wonder what happen to the baby, poor child!
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well wel one can only persume ,im gladi lived in a country that saw my needs if i was bck home in my fathers land i wud have been put into pieces and my chld ,by the way if my father was alive he wud have protected me it wud have been the mothers side i wud have been frightened off and im glad she was english so no problem there for me only when its the fathers side of the child i suffered with tremomndous out comes ,im glad now i found sumone who is good and gentel but apain in the ass ..
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little Garden
Member # 10731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to the child

--------------------
www.littlegardenhotel.com

Posts: 17 | From: www.littlegardenhotel.com | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright this is kinda, well, typical.

If this is happening in someone else's backyard we criticize. Which is exactly what happened here.

But even myself if some b*tch (I use the term for both genders) is putting themselves for the flow of neighborhood humanity after bar closing (which is after 2am 3-4 nights a week in this hood) I get real irritated. Possibly having the crap beat out of them will shut their holes?

Take for instance about 3 weeks ago, a guy had been carrying on for 2 months about how gay and horney he was 5 nights a week or more between the hours of 11 pm to 5 am. Finally he made some strong overtures to a dude less drunk than he, and he got the hell beat out of him.

Now the a-hole is much more quiet. And probably safer from AIDs.

When you have a slutty sister in parts of the world that are conservative, the chance of one of her sisters being rapped is extremely high.

I can't get over the massive tendancy for Egyptians to assume if a woman's mother is one way, then she will be the same. If a sister is one way, then obviously the sisters will be too.

Its not fair, but like the obnixous gay guy on the prowl in my building his friends now are at risk for being raped (nearly happened for a few of them this summer, why I know, I can hear everything.) He himself has been threatened and it goes on.

I am not saying what the 69 year old mother did was right, what the woman's sister did was right. But I don't think a 69 year old woman and another woman could weld an ax so graciously to chop someone up. And incest isn't too far off for this situation. I think the two women had help and some male relative was tending to the victim's garden.

------------------------------------------------

For the child, its a boy. The child will be kept in the family, he will be taken care of and some male relative will be glad that he doesn't see his offspring too often to have a negative effect of what he's done on the child.

Its a sad situation. But it happens in the west all the time, whether we like it or not.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now in my metropolitan area its near the end of summer vacation.

We have the Hmong here. Tens of thousands of Hmong.

When these girls reach the 10th grade they often have been bethrothed to a man double her age. He has bought a house, given $10,000 or more for a dowry, he has a substantial business (or at least tries to appear as if he he is a success) and is ready to wed and bed.

But during that last summer of innocence the Hmong girl wants either to get even for being married off or wants to dirty herself up so she doesn't have to marry a dirty old man.

So I am expecting at least 4 Hmong girls dead by October. Those are the ones who are actually reported missing. I am expecting the MPD (Minneapolist Police Department) to pull out registries of Black Sex Offenders to hang the murders on (occasionally a white man is pinned for it) and I expect only half of these murders will have a substantial suspect within the next 5 years. The MPD is so afraid of standing up to the Hmong community and declare they have a problem with Honor Killings.

The Saint Paul Police Department will push the case around quietly for 2 years and only half the time actually put the murderous family member or fiance away for 10 years.

While the more racist suburbs will arrest every male in both families at some point and eventually send 3 family members to jail for life. While a white suburbanite man will be unsuspected for killing his wife for over 5 years because he had dumped her body in a shopping mall parking lot in Minneapolis. (Like Minneapolis murders kill in their own hood's, they do it in Chicago where else?)

Lucky Hmong girls will wait to be bethrothed until 18 years, go on live with her in-laws and husband have kids in college (like me) and will not even acknowledge the existance of Hmong girls that are bethrothed years earlier to men double their age. Like these girls don't exist.

--------------------------------------------

Next time I am in the University & Snelling Rainbow Grocery Store, I will see at least 8 young Hmong women with their near elderly husbands.

I'll either be in office worker garb or be slinging an extra heavy college backpack loaded with homework.

She'll stand there staring at me, some actually with tears building up in her eyes, wondering what her life could've been like.

I see her with a life where she'll never be without her children.

Its so hard not to spit in these old geezers face's. Its so hard not to glare at these severly elderly Hmong MIL eyes and wish she was dead, just to give this young girl some peace.

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
where r u from ''awrah''please
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's all whiteys fault
Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
Originally posted by r.i.p.R:
where r u from ''awrah''please

When I note above Minneapolis, put "Minneapolis" in google. You get two choices Minnesota or Tennesee *I think*

Chimps this is sonomod. I chose this username to piss other usernames off. Its working too.

If all I am is a possy, then I'll wear my possy designation with pride.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by awrah:
Chimps this is sonomod. I chose this username to piss other usernames off. Its working too.

If all I am is a possy, then I'll wear my possy designation with pride.

Do you think I'm really annoyed by the name Pussy ya Sono?

In fact this is *the* ultimate name for you ya kotta.

It's just that many Arabic speaking users would feel very disgusted by you when they read it.

But hey [Cool] what's Pussy as a name when the person behind it is Sono!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
awrah awrah hey, thats farmer talk down here ..im not geting involved in this im not of good mood lately but i wil read if you dont mind ..carry on please
greatone
Member # 11442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for greatone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]
Posts: 25 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man, these 'honor killings' are bs! and the people who commit them are so hypocritical. ok, ur daughter fucked around...ok...well, doesn't the fact that you killed your own child dishonor your family as well? cause now im not thinking, 'oh this girl whored around'...im thinking, 'what the hell kind of sick bitch kills her own child and leaves a baby without a mother?!' i hope that monster rots in hell...
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com