EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » UK: OH BABY! A BUNDLE OF JOY FOR VISA FIGHT PAIR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK: OH BABY! A BUNDLE OF JOY FOR VISA FIGHT PAIR
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATULATIONS! [Smile] Wonder if Kerry was on ES before here too! [Wink]

OH BABY! A BUNDLE OF JOY FOR VISA FIGHT PAIR

09:00 - 22 September 2007

A Year ago, Kerry Shahin thought she may never get to live happily ever after with her new Egyptian husband Hany. But after a struggle for a visa and agonising months apart the couple will spend their first anniversary of his arrival in Gloucester this weekend with an added cause for celebration.

The couple, from Longlevens, who met after a whirlwind romance on a holiday in Dahab now couldn't be happier after the birth of their first baby together.

New arrival baby Adham was born four weeks ago weighing in at a tiny 6lb 6oz.

Kerry, 35, who already has two other children, Jamie, seven, and Luicy, 14, said: "We are so happy. We have had a great year and everything is going really well.

"Hany is over the moon about the baby and my two other children love him to bits."

Kerry said her husband had been a rock during the birth and helped to relax her by playing Egyptian music in the hospital.

"It was really relaxing," she said. "I even tried some belly dancing in between contractions to help me but that soon stopped."

The Citizen followed Kerry and Hany after they were married in April last year but could not be together because of problems with Hany's visa.

The couple met on a beach in the former Bedouin fishing village of Dahab, on the south-eastern coast of the Sinai peninsula near where Hany worked as a masseur and gym instructor.

The instant chemistry between the pair quickly developed into something more serious and a month later Kerry returned to Egypt and the couple married in a simple Islamic ceremony.

But after visa problems they had to spend five months apart only seeing each other on short holidays. They had to go to Cairo to be interviewed by British Embassy staff, who decided whether or not they could be united as a real family in England.

But it was great news for the Shahin's as Hany was eventually granted permission to move and finally arrived in Gloucester this time last year.

Now he is adapting to British culture and has a job working as an engineer in Kerry's family business.

She said: "He is really settling in well. We had all the problems with the floods and it has been a terrible summer for weather but he likes Gloucester.

"I think it is really nice as you hear so many stories that don't work out but ours is a really happy one.

"We will take our time but we would also like another baby together in the future."

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=231771&command=displayContent&sourceNode=231773&contentPK=18459738&folderPk=108571&pNodeId=231777

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I also met in Dahab over 2 years ago, we also now live in the UK and have just had a beautiful baby girl two weeks ago, Laila.
Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sawny, congratulations to you too! I am sure you and your husband are over the moon with your sweet little newborn girl. Enjoy motherhood. All the best. [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com