EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Where was I born? (for creative people)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where was I born? (for creative people)
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, I first posted it on 'Visiting Egypt'
but perhaps nobody read it there [Frown]

posted 26 September, 2007 08:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This evening I have to make up some kind of 'puzzles' which have to do with different nationalities all over the world.
The puzzles are meant for Belgian (christian and muslim) students of 16-17 years old who are learning about different countries, languages, inhabitants, nations etc.
Their native language is not English.

I'll give some examples :

I was born in a country in the southern hemisphere.
At Christmas it can be very hot in my country.
The springbok is one of our national symbols.
Dutch speaking people have little difficulty in understanding one of the two official languages.
Where was I born? ..........................

I was born in a country with one of the largest populations in the world.
We used to be a member of the British Empire.
Many of my countrymen have emigrated to Britain and Europe.
Cows are sacred here.
Where was I born? .............................

As there are a lot of smart ladies/guys on ES here , I thought maybe you could help me make up a puzzle for the students.
So maybe someone from Egypt? Finland? Denmark? UK? Greece? Poland? or any other country.

Thanks in advance

And in case nobody replies, I guess I'll have to be 'inventive' myself. [Smile]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 487 | From: Belgium | Registered: Nov 2006 | IP: Logged |

Quick Reply

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in a country with one of the longest river in the world.
We have very old civilization and have one of the unique seven wonders .

Where was I born? .............................

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, thanks Amr. But they will know the answer immediately cause I am always telling things about Egypt [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in a country in former Eastern Europe which was surrounded by a big wall. Unfortunately this limited us to see the world and exposed us in the same time to only carefully selected and biased information provided by our government.

My country was a Communist country and our first foreign language we learned in school was Russian.

Besides having to wait for a car for good twenty years and only few people had a telephone line - life was good. Bananas and oranges were only available at Christmas time and you had to stood there for a couple of hours in a long line (sometimes in vain) - but life was still good.

The first time I drank Coca Cola was a week after this big wall came down in November 1989. Yeah!

The leader of our country immediately fled and later on was granted asylum in Chile where the b*stard finally died! [Mad] *Okay don't tell this to your students!*

Now - where was I born?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Germany

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com