EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Philosophy of Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Philosophy of Sex
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there such a thing? I hear often that if both consenting partners are fine with it then anything that takes place behind the bedrooms is nobody´s business. Do you agree with that? I am not asking for detailed descriptions by the way. Is everything allowed if they feel good about it? How is people´s attitude towards sex and sexual pleasure and perhaps sexual guilt shaped? Are couples allowed to explore every possible avenue to improve their sex life? I hope you understand my point with this thread. Just wanted to discuss in a civil way how ideas about sex are created and what forces are behind it. Would be beneficial also to discuss if cultural clashes, for example between Egyptians and Westerners, have resulted in serious conflicts and how to resolve those.
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sex would be good period....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it doesn't hurt another human being (unless that human being consented [Wink] ) and doesn't risk lives, then anything behind those doors go. People shouldn't force their own view of "acceptable" sex onto other people. Fantasies are individual, and if they can find someone who wants to explore it with them, then good for them!

EDIT: Yeah, I should also add that it shouldn't hurt animals either, even if they consent to it. lol.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But what about religious rules then? Cultural norms?

For example. Doesn´t Islam forbid anal sex? Would that still be OK as long as they consented?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islam forbids a lot of things, that doesn't deter anybody.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
is there such a thing? I hear often that if both consenting partners are fine with it then anything that takes place behind the bedrooms is nobody´s business. Do you agree with that? I am not asking for detailed descriptions by the way. Is everything allowed if they feel good about it? How is people´s attitude towards sex and sexual pleasure and perhaps sexual guilt shaped? Are couples allowed to explore every possible avenue to improve their sex life? I hope you understand my point with this thread. Just wanted to discuss in a civil way how ideas about sex are created and what forces are behind it. Would be beneficial also to discuss if cultural clashes, for example between Egyptians and Westerners, have resulted in serious conflicts and how to resolve those.

don't know enough about the topic, but psychologically, i dont believe its healthy to approach sex with the mindset that anything goes, as long as its two consenting adults- thats what i get from listening to Dr.Drew anyways- he'll often warn callers about engaging in acts like three somes or voyeurism, because it almost always will damage the relationship, and you probably have some issues you need to deal with anyways if you're looking into something of this nature...

yup. love lines.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

good point hibbah.

I feel that people need to have respect for sex as such and not cross a certain line. Maybe that is wrong, maybe it inhibits people from experiencing a deeper intimacy and connection but today with all the media that people access easily there doesn´t seem to be any mystery left. Just preconcieved ideas about how it should do and what should be done.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[quite]he'll often warn callers about engaging in acts like three somes or voyeurism, because it almost always will damage the relationship, and you probably have some issues you need to deal with anyways if you're looking into something of this nature...[/quite]

Yes, it COULD ruin relationships. But I bet some relationships have been ruined because one of the partners didn't want a threesomes too lol. I bet most threesomes had in the world have not ruined relationships, and have probably been undertaken just by three curious people, instead of a couple hoping to spice things up.
But the only people who talk about it are those saying: "Yeah, we done a threesome and it split us up *jerry jerry jerry*"... There are many, many people who just enjoy threesomes, swinging, even dogging, etc. And they shouldn't be allowed to fulfil this just because some relationships have ended because of this??
It is funny when people don't understand someone’s fantasies they jump to: "oh they must have some issues".
If people only see sex as something to do with a loved one, and is "sacred", then fine. But there are many people who just enjoy it and want to have fun, why should they be considered wrong?

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick question: Can a picknick table enjoy sex?? [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Wk...I understand where you are coming from.

But is enjoyment always justifiable?

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sex mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

My picnic table wouild break under sex!!!
You obviously know something I don't Tiger!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:

A picnic table could be a good venue. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wk...I understand where you are coming from.

well that depends on whose asking, right?

If you believe that virtue is something people should strive for, then no. and if you believe that a person has a duty towards oneself, and ones body, then indulging oneself for the sake of indulging is wrong, and its going to have ill effects.

if you believe that the only duty a person has to oneself its one owns whims, then why not?

I think people who engage in threesomes, voyeurism, and who are swingers etc- have problems, and such acts are just physical manifestations of these problems. Its a problem that someone can detach themselves to such a degree from any type of emotional feeling when engaging in these acts. i'm sure they'll find a way to justify it, but eh.

wish i knew more about the issue.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
Like I said before, as long as it doesn't hurt a living thing, or force itself in other peoples lives (like sex in public), and the adults are consenting. Then why not?

Who are we to say what is right and what is wrong between two grown people? Just because it isn't to our taste? I have never had a threesome, two of my female friends have. I asked them why and the both said it was for the experience. I think most exploration is merely for the experience, to see what it is like, just like why so many people try drugs. Not because of any issues, but because of curiosity.
Many people can separate making love and just having sex. It is not a rare thing, they don't have issues, they just do not place the same values on it as others. Maybe some think that those who only want missionary with the same person all their lives are the ones with issues lol.
Fantasies are natural, and if two people happen to get off on golden showers, etc, meet up, and indulge in this, then so what? How on earth is that going to have any negative effort on the world at large? There are staving children, war, disease, murder etc, in the world, the least of our worries should be on what two swingers are getting up to.

--------------------
Another one....

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:

Heehee, Samia, check out this topic. I think it's one of the funnier threads on here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000304;p=1

[Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex

i will need a cold shower soon...

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TL I dont think that picnic table was consenting at all [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a car tiger, hehehehehheheheh
Oh god you cracked me on that, hilarious
Never gonna look at a picnic table again

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
TL I dont think that picnic table was consenting at all [Big Grin]

.....matter-of-factly,the poor picnic table just laid there,so go figure [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
damn that picnic table

--------------------

Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

For example. Doesn´t Islam forbid anal sex? Would that still be OK as long as they consented?

Anal Sex is haram in Islam.
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Culture Club:
quote:

Anal Sex is haram in Islam.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com