EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What we should be doing now! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What we should be doing now!
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought, what should you be doing now other than ES? What are you avoiding or putting off doing?

I should be getting dresed (long over due as it's 1p.m.!), cleaning up the house and making lunch...but this is much more relaxing! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your 1000th post, Advocate! [Smile]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting for paint to dry. Decorating my house up to rent out.
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Congrats on your 1000th post, Advocate! [Smile]

Hurry, thanks Makbeta, onwards and upwards [Smile]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be packing down my stuff...
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i should be out in the real world....
but the older i get the more i hate people...

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Well I cooked lunch, still not dressed and have tidied up the house a bit, still not motivated though! [Big Grin]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be thinking wht i can eat as per usual.
So lazy, at least i showered.
I have to sleep early as well tonight.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be ironing (I hate it so much), I should probably be doing some study as well, need to get all my outstanding work in by the time I travel to Egypt in 29 days [Smile] I should also be decorating....but I would rather pass my Sunday afternoon on ES [Smile]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Designing a workshop on how to keep yourself engaged at work while you are part of a major organizational upheaval, have had to reapply for your own job for the 4th time in 4 years and don't know if you've got it yet! (not for Egypt I hasten to add!)
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
Just a thought, what should you be doing now other than ES? What are you avoiding or putting off doing?

I should be getting dresed (long over due as it's 1p.m.!), cleaning up the house and making lunch...but this is much more relaxing! [Big Grin]

Exact same thing here advocate, though its 1215 here, woke more than 2 hours ago but just laying here watching funniest videos and on here checking in.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Well I dressed and just returned from hiring a dvd - Jumper, to help ease my longing to be in Egypt, apparently there are lots of scenes of the Pyramids and Sphinx in it! No doubt there'll be a few tears as I watch, well it beats watching holiday programmes of Egypt for a change! [Smile]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just tried my best to save a newborn kitten. Oldest daughter came in carrying it, she found it next to my truck outside, her cat had it and will not have anything to do with it. She didnt even bother to clean it off. We cleaned it off and rubbed it to stimulate breathing, which worked but the little one wont swallow anything. It just lays gasping every 3 or 4 seconds, tried to feed it by dropper to get anything in its stomach but it simply will not swallow, it ends up coming out its nose. I told her that it just wasnt going to make it, it doesnt even move. Poor thing, i just dont know what else to do for it, the breathing had slowed to one breath every minute or so when i stopped. I feel so badly for it but there is just nothing more that i can do for it.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Oh poor you Mystic, you did your best that is the main thing. Maybe if the kitten had pulled through it would have been a sickyl cat all it's life, so what will be will be hun. [Frown]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
perhaps and honestly, that little one would have required much more attention than we could have given. We just cant be available to feed it every hour to hour and half here in the beginning and that takes half hour to an hour to do with feeding and making sure it voids itself. i warned her that it probably wouldnt make it as soon as i saw it. It just didnt have any movement at all other than the little gasps once in awhile. Its just completely limp. I so wanna cry, too softhearted when it comes to this.
I have enough animals outside and vowed i would not have any inside the home again,, until i learned of a kitten that needed a home or it was going to be taken and dumped off.. Needless to say Max is living inside home now, and growing so quickly. Was afraid to leave him outside, my dogs probably would have killed him trying to play. He is laying in my room now on a suitcase getting ready to pounce on my fingers as i type hehe

--------------------

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nearly cut my grass today [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh mysticheart how sad. You aren't too soft hearted, you are golden hearted. I hope your sadness fades soon. xx

YAH, I painted the outside of my house at the bottom and then it peed it down on it!

I shouldn't be doing anything, it is 10pm and I have my hot milk and nothing much to do until I sleep so all's good [Smile]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Well done YAH.

I watched the dvd - Jumper in the hope of seeing lots of Egypt but alas no, there were only snippets, but a good film nonetheless.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boukra Inshalla! [Big Grin] It will be done then.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AH, the good old IBM theory...
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
AH, the good old IBM theory...

[Big Grin]
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
I should be in bed, I have to get up in 5.5 hours to get ready to go to that hell hole called work!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
OMG... i hate my job, i wil be at my desk in 8 hours!

I should be drunk!

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i should be in paris

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be asleep.....I have to be up to get ready for work in 4 hours [Frown]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
I should be asleep.....I have to be up to get ready for work in 4 hours [Frown]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I should be watching this movie that i have, P.S. I love you but instead sitting here eating chicken and rice soup and checking in on here, texting with hubby.

--------------------

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
Just tried my best to save a newborn kitten. Oldest daughter came in carrying it, she found it next to my truck outside, her cat had it and will not have anything to do with it. She didnt even bother to clean it off. We cleaned it off and rubbed it to stimulate breathing, which worked but the little one wont swallow anything. It just lays gasping every 3 or 4 seconds, tried to feed it by dropper to get anything in its stomach but it simply will not swallow, it ends up coming out its nose. I told her that it just wasnt going to make it, it doesnt even move. Poor thing, i just dont know what else to do for it, the breathing had slowed to one breath every minute or so when i stopped. I feel so badly for it but there is just nothing more that i can do for it.

Take it to the vet.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
ha ha ha.....I have just noticed I double posted...I must have needed my sleep! I should be getting ready for work right now but I am here as usual [Smile]
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
In the office...should be working! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Event Horizon:
quote:

Take it to the vet. [/QB]
Unfortunately, a vet can't do anything for a dead kitten !
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the office and talking to friends online.
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Offices are great places for avoiding work huh?! [Wink]

Well I have just arived home after finishing a visit earlier than planned, so technically I should still be in the office!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Grass is cut [Big Grin]
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:
Originally posted by Event Horizon:
quote:

Take it to the vet.

Unfortunately, a vet can't do anything for a dead kitten ! [/QB]
I meant immediately when finding it.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Grass is cut [Big Grin]

Good lass... I shall be going out to do mine after 5 mins of shut eye.
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe stitches are out [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wish i could do that.
if something needs to be done, i go bizerk til its finished...whether it be cleaning, dressing, whatever.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should be getting a nice cold diet coke, as I haven't had one all weekend. But my laptop is broken and if I moved it off my lap it'll die (bloody new battery).
See, I have such a hard life lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, I'm going to get that diet coke because that is just how wild I am. See ES you'll never slow me down, mwahahaha.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Now if the Diet Coke man was stripped to the waist holding the can I would race you for it! [Big Grin]
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that commercial! Why did they stop making those? Did some men complain it was sexist or what? [Smile]
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never fancied that guy - he had a good bod but needed a paper bag over his head.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Bag or no bag he was fit. What is the saying? You don't look at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire! [Big Grin]

Sorry was a bit crude but I couldn't resist! Anyway I'd have to look at the mantlepiece especially if he was fit, if he was minging then I wouldn't be poking it anyway! [Wink]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:

Poor thing. I had the same with one of the new born puppies. It was awful. i didnt sleep for nearly 2 weeks and watched as the others just got bigger around her but nothing i did was good enough, even the vet couldnt save her. Maybe it was water in the lungs, the vet might have been able to do more for you. Sorry mystic. I have been there and know how you feel
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I think there was nothing even a vet could do, it was just absolutely limp and the breathing was never very good. But at that, on sundays there are no vets open so i couldnt have found one quickly enough, i live at least 30 minutes from all of them, it only lived about 20 minutes after we found it, we just found it too late. Mommy kitty came around to me today meowing and trying to rub on my legs outside, i just looked at her and said dont talk to me, i dont like you right now after what you did to that baby and walked away.
I did manage to use my day off work to get things done, stayed off the computer all day until now and its after 11 pm. Took the old faucet off of my kitchen sink, cut my finger doing it, put on the new faucet, was rather proud of myself after an hour of struggling with taking off and putting on, turned on the water to the lines,,, leaked all over the place, turns out my wrists are just not strong enough to tighten the lines enough to not leak. So, turned off the water again, took all shelves off of my living room wall, washed them and all of the little trinkets on them, cleaned off my computer desk, hung up the indonesian hand painting, indonesian hand carved wood piece, the hand fans that were given out as souveniers at our wedding all on a wall together. framed one of our 8 by 10 pictures on one side of the painting, need to buy another frame to put another on the other side... sorted socks, folded towels, and then took oldest daughter and boyfriend to the local fair.

--------------------

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww this is so sad really, i would have been heartbroken, i saw a dead kitten the other day , near my home, the day before he was with his mummy, simply so sad, i was crying to much for this.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Hey come on folks...happy thoughts! [Smile]
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
I know you are all really curious- and the answer is yes. Yes I did get that diet coke, and yes my laptop did die. Totally worth it [Big Grin]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
What i should be doing now? Well, i should be sleeping as it is 430 am, my husband arrives at 119 pm, and i have to be up at 9 am to get read for work. However, upon arriving home tonight, with my daughter, son and her boyfriend in truck, that cat that had the kitten came running to greet us in her usual manner, always getting in front of truck. I pulled in slowly as usual, she always moves out of way, i can never see her cause she gets too close.. Well tonight, she didnt move. I didnt feel the bump. I opened my door and she was laying next to drive , moving funny on ground, i said what is wrong with her, then it dawned on me... she didnt get out of the way. Daugher bf picked her up and put her on my porch, where she tried to get up but her back legs werent right. She was meowing so much, and breathing fast, and laying there. Got my phone book and started calling vets, to find anyone there... it was nearly midnight... paged my regular vet, he directed me to hospital. Mind you , i just couldnt do nothing, i couldnt just let her die. Drove her the hour to the hospital, 200$ upfront for xray and visit. xray show broken right leg at hip level, dislocated pelvis, bruised spine, and some kind of damage to one lung that is collapsing and leaking air around her heart. He presented us with 3 options, put her to sleep, amputate leg, or send her to orthopedic surgery on monday. Either of the last 2 are soooo expensive. amputation with the cost of stabilizing her 2,000. No guarantee she would walk again with that. Surgery to save her leg, 2,000 plus his fee of keeping her alive til monday for them to transfer her to surgeon, total of around 3,000. But she would be ok again.
Called husband in tears, i cant afford this, but daughter with me, her cat, she crying, boyfriend trying to convince her to have her put to sleep, too much money for cat.
after much discussion, cat is being stabilized and kept alive until monday to have surgery.
I do not see how we can possibly afford it, but he couldnt bear hearing me or her cry because the cat was to be killed. Still trying to figure out just how we are going to get the care for the cat arranged and still be able to leave on sunday for florida. I suppose i will have to rely on daughters father, but still the matter, how to pay the vet for his service on monday, and then arrange things with surgeon. Had to make a deposit tonight, 500.00 Thank goodness for credit card. arrived home at just after 3 am.
I am so heartbroken over her, i was mad at her, but i didnt want anything to happen to her, and she was just running to meet us as usual, but i went slowly as always, she had to have literally sat there and let me run over her, i dont understand it, its always the same for a year, she runs in front of truck, i slow way down, she stops and i keep going slowly, she runs ahead and stops underneath edge of my other car and waits for us to get out. Why did she not go under the front of car tonight as usual,, instead she stopped where i park my truck, i didnt know, i couldnt see her, she was too close.
Tears for her pain, tears because i feel guilty that hubby is going to put out 3,000 for a cat... and its all a mess. Needless to say, she will from now on be an inside cat, not outside. She will never be allowed outside again. Too much money invested. Max will now have a house partner, even though she doesnt like max.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com