EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Women be warned: British mother's fight for girl snatched in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women be warned: British mother's fight for girl snatched in Egypt
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member
posted 17 September, 2009 02:14 PM17. September 2009 02:14 PM by Amanda Crook September 17, 2009

A MOTHER is fighting to be reunited with her two-year-old daughter, snatched by her father in Egypt. A'ishah Sabra, from Bury, was bundled into a car after being snatched from a cafe. Her distraught mother Leila Sabra, who is divorced from A'ishah's dad, has only spoken to her daughter once since May.Heartbreaking In a heartbreaking phone call she heard the little girl screaming for her `mummy'.Leila, from Whitefield, has been fighting for access to the tot through the Egyptian courts. Her case has been taken up by Bury South MP and Foreign Office minister Ivan Lewis and Greater Manchester Police are investigating the abduction.Leila met her former husband when she went to Egypt on holiday in November 2005. They kept in contact when she returned home and married in Egypt the following July.Leila became pregnant and suffered medical complications, so returned to Whitefield.Her husband joined her for three months when A'ishah was born at St Mary's Hospital, in Manchester. Leila took her daughter to live in the tourist resort of Hurghada, in Egpyt, where her ex-husband ran a quad bike tours company. Within weeks the relationship had broken down and she returned to England. They divorced in Manchester in June last year, agreeing that A'ishah would live with her mother, but visit Egypt once a year to see her father. They visited her father's family home in Kafr El Sheikh last December and returned to Hurghada on May 8. A'ishah was abducted on May 16.mourning Leila, 32, who has recently returned to Britain for medical care, said: "I feel like I am mourning my daughter but I know she is alive so I am also fighting to get her back. "I brought A'ishah up on my own and until she was taken she had never been away from me. "She is very young and she needs her mother. She is a British citizen and I have custody of her - this is not right. I am fighting as hard as I can but I feel like I am fighting the whole of Egypt on my own." Leila, a market researcher, is not allowed to work in Egypt and has been supported by family and friends including members of the Khizra Mosque in Cheetham Hill. Mr Lewis said: "We are very concerned about this situation. "We have put them in touch with the Foreign Office who have been assisting them in Egypt. I am due to meet her in the next few days to consider ways to provide assistance." Former Manchester lord mayor Afzal Khan, president of the Leila's mosque, said: "It is a shocking story. Leila is going through hell."A GMP spokesman said: "We have been investigating to see what support we can give."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1137363_mothers_fight_for_girl_snatched_in_egypt_ And there are many more cases out there like that!!
Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

tina kamal Member Member # 13845 Rate Member posted 18 September, 2009 11:47 AM18. September 2009 11:47 AM

the problem is we are hearing one side of the story which is always the case. some women use their kids as tools and not let the father see the child unless this or that..i am not saying that is what is happening but just a thought.. Posts: 7912 | From: Hit the road jack | Registered: Jul 2007 | IP: Logged |

cloudberry Member Member # 11163 posted 18 September, 2009 12:10 PM18. September 2009 12:10 PM

^But in this case she DID came to Egypt with her daughter so she could see her dad. The article says they came in December and still in May in Egypt? If she had no intensions to let him see her I think they would not have come to Egypt. Posts: 740 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2006 | IP: Logged |

tina kamal Member Member # 13845 Rate Member posted 18 September, 2009 01:08 PM18. September 2009 01:08 PM

ya i guess u are right but still its not right for him to just take the child. Posts: 7912 | From: Hit the road jack | Registered: Jul 2007 | IP: Logged |

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 22 September, 2009 06:24 AM22. September 2009 06:24 AM

Gran's nightmare after tot abducted in Egypt

8:00am Tuesday 22nd September 2009By Paula Roberts

A WOMAN has spoken of the “living nightmare” her family has been going through after her two-year-old granddaughter was snatched in Egypt. Barbara Maas, 56, from Bournemouth, was on holiday with her daughter Leila when little A’ishah was bundled into a car in May. Leila claims A’ishah’s father, Saber Mesbah Sabra, abducted the toddler outside a café in Hurghada on May 16, but he has appeared on TV apparently denying responsibility and saying he doesn’t know where the child is. Distraught Leila Sabra, who is divorced from A’ishah’s dad, believes the child is with her father and she has been fighting through the Egyptian courts to get her daughter back. She managed to speak to A’ishah five days after she went missing by contacting her ex-husband but hasn’t spoken to her since. Leila, 32, met Saber Mesbah Sabra when she went to Egypt on holiday in November 2005 and they married the following July. Leila became pregnant but decided to return to Manchester after suffering complications. They divorced in Manchester in June last year, agreeing that A’ishah would live with her mother but visit Egypt once a year to see her father. They visited her father’s family home in Kafr El Sheikh last December and returned to Hurghada on May 8. Barbara, from Throop, who works as a clerk in Beales, said: “For me it has been a living nightmare. Two weeks ago I felt like I was in mourning. My heart felt very heavy. I just cannot imagine what my daughter is going through. I am so proud of her and to see her go through this is just heartbreaking. “We need to get her back.” Speaking of A’ishah, Barbara said: “She is a little ray of sunshine. She had just started to string words together and she sang all the time. She is the cheekiest little monkey with the softest heart.” Leila, who lives in Manchester, told the Daily Echo: “It is an absolute nightmare. I just want my baby back. I just keep wondering is she happy? Does she miss me? The worst thing is does she think I abandoned her? She has been with me every single day of her life. She doesn’t know her father. She doesn’t speak Arabic.” Speaking on TV, Saber Mesbah Sabra said: “I don’t know where is my baby. I want to see her. I want to be with my baby.” Leila has appeared on GMTV and Coronation Street stars are pledging to do all they can to help. Leila has received the backing of Bury MP Ivan Lewis, who is also foreign officer minister with special responsibility for the Middle East. He said: “It is a tragic situation and I will be doing everything to ensure A’ishah and her mother are reunited.” Leila is planning to return to Egypt at the beginning of October in a bid to find A’ishah and bring her home. “I have got to get my baby back.” A Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said: “On July 7, police received a report that a two-year-old child had been abducted on May 16 while on a visit to Egypt. While Greater Manchester Police has no powers to investigate the matter, officers from Bury CID are providing the mother with support.” The Echo tried to make contact with Saber Mesbah Sabra yesterday but his number was unavailable.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4641104.Gran_s_nightmare_after_tot_abducted_in_Egypt/ A picture of the toddler is provided with the link. Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

Tibe still working Member Member # 16647 Rate Member posted 22 September, 2009 07:01 AM22. September 2009 07:01 AM

I would buy a gun and rent a good car in Egypt. Good to my ex relative and demand my daugther at gunpoint and just to prove i wasnt kidding shoot one of his brothers ect. in the knee. Posts: 944 | From: Denmark | Registered: May 2009 | IP: Logged |

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 22 September, 2009 09:32 AM22. September 2009 09:32 AM

I'd go with you, Tibe!!! Seriously this woman acted in the best interest for the child so it knows both parents and her ex shamelessly misused her trust and kidnapped the daughter.I will try to stay on the story and hopefully soon we'll hear some positive news..... I truly hope so. Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

cloudberry Member Member # 11163 posted 22 September, 2009 09:40 AM22. September 2009 09:40 AM

This is totally horrible and these parents who abduct children from their primary caretaker have no idea what kind of damage they will do to those little children I once saw a program about this; what happens if a child is suddenly separated from a primary caretaker (or if a parent suddenly dies). To put simply that's how screw up kids and later adults in this world exist. Those kidnappers should be put to jail. Posts: 740 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2006 | IP: Logged |

Cheekyferret Member Member # 15263 Rate Member posted 22 September, 2009 09:47 AM22. September 2009 09:47 AM

quote: Originally posted by cloudberry:This is totally horrible and these parents who abduct children from their primary caretaker have no idea what kind of damage they will do to those little children I once saw a program about this; what happens if a child is suddenly separated from a primary caretaker (or if a parent suddenly dies). To put simply that's how screw up kids and later adults in this world exist. Those kidnappers should be put to jail. I agree totally. Posts: 6696 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008 | IP: Logged |

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 25 September, 2009 01:23 PM25. September 2009 01:23 PM

Please help to find A’ishah! Send this picture forward to anyone you know inside Egypt!!!
http://i37.tinypic.com/zitzix.jpg Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 01 October, 2009 09:41 AM01. October 2009 09:41 AM

Bournemouth mum's heartache over baby snatch claim

8:30am Thursday 1st October 2009By Paula Roberts

“I JUST want my baby back.” These are the heartbreaking words of Leila Sabra whose two-year-old daughter A’ishah was snatched in Egypt four months ago. Sitting hand-in-hand with her mother Barbara Maas, from Bournemouth, Leila has told the Daily Echo what happened the day A’ishah disappeared and has vowed she will do all she can to find her. Leila claims A’ishah’s father, Saber Mesbah Sabra, abducted the toddler outside a café in Hurghada on May 16, but he has appeared on television apparently denying responsibility and saying he doesn’t know where the child is. Leila said: “All I know is that he took her and since then we have not seen her. He says he doesn’t have her. If he doesn’t have her then who does? There is a missing two-and-a-half-year-old somewhere in Egypt so what is the government doing to find her?” Leila has hundreds of photographs of A’ishah but says she finds it too hard to look at them. She also carries around A’ishah’s favourite teddy which was left on the floor of the café the day she went missing. She said: “It breaks my heart that not only has she been taken away from her mother but she hasn’t got her comfort blanket with her.” Leila stayed in Egypt and tried in vain to push the authorities to help find A’ishah. Since her short return visit to England this month she has received the support of her MP, the president of her mosque and stars from Coronation Street. She said: “I felt so alone in Egypt but since I have been back it’s been tremendous – the support we have had from the government, from my MP and from Coronation Street. I don’t feel alone anymore. I feel I can continue and know I have Britain behind me.” Barbara, who lives in Throop, said she was glad to see Leila after three and a half months. “It was lovely to see her and just hold her. “It has been a nightmare for every single member of our family. We are all going through so much but we cannot comprehend what Leila must be going through.” Leila will return to Egypt tomorrow to continue her search for A’isahah. She said legal fees and travelling expenses have left her facing bankruptcy and she now risks losing her Manchester home. “I am paying for everything, from legal fees to travelling expenses. I don’t know how I am going to continue. I am just going to have to take every day as it comes. “I am not living, I am just existing to get my baby back. She is my life and it is my duty as her mother to protect her. I have to believe I am going to get her back.” The Daily Echo has made repeated efforts to contact Saber Mesbah Sabra.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4657884.Bournemouth_mum_s_heartache_over_baby_snatch_claim/ Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged

|

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 01 October, 2009 09:46 AM01. October 2009 09:46 AM

Picture of Leila's ex-husband: http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/34.$plit/C_71_article_1150006_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?01%

Holiday giant to probe 'kidnap' father

by Katherine Faulkner October 01, 2009

A HOLIDAY company has launched an investigation after learning the father of a missing British toddler works at one of the resorts they use. Time-share giant RCI send hundreds of British families to stay at the Lillyland Beach Club in Hurghada, Egypt, every year. It is one of three places in the resort where Saber Mesbah Sabra sells his quadbiking excursions.His former wife Leila, from Prestwich, has accused him of snatching their two-year-old daughter A'ishah from a café in Egypt during a supervised visit in May. Corrie stars backing mum's Egypt battle A'ishah was bundled into the back of a car and has not been seen since. Saber continues to operate his company Glamour Safari at two other 'child-friendly' resorts in Hurghada, the Coral Beach and Pyramisa Blue Lagoon.He has appeared on television claiming that he does not know where A'ishah is. Foreign Office minister Ivan Lewis - Leila's MP - has pledged to help fight for her daughter through the Egyptian legal system. Leila has also won the support of Coronation Street cast members.RCI said that they were extremely concerned that Saber was operating his quadbiking business from the Lillyland and they would consider ending their relationship with the resort.A spokesman said: "We will be launching an investigation into this. We are taking this extremely seriously and will be looking at our association with that property.Abducted "If this person is guilty of abducting someone then, although we are not responsible for the staffing in the resort, we would need to think very carefully about how that would reflect on our company."Mum Leila said: "I am delighted. I think this will definitely help. If we put pressure on Saber's business it will pull pressure on his family to give A'ishah back."Managers of the other two resorts in Hurghada where Mr Sabra works said they had had no idea about the incident. Antoine Farah, the general manager of Coral Beach resort, said: "This is the first time I have heard anything about this. If he is in trouble he has got to defend himself. We will ask him about this. We have had no complaints from his operation or his staff. We don't interfere with personal lives."Mohamed Hassan, of the Pyramisa Blue Lagoon, resort said: "I can't give you my opinion I know nothing about this. It's nothing to do with us. He is renting the shop.
(source)http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 08 October, 2009 05:59 AM08. October 2009 05:59 AM

New hope for mother in search for daughter

9:03am Thursday 8th October 2009

A DETERMINED mother has been given fresh hope in her battle to track down her missing two-year-old daughter. Leila Sabra, aged 32, from Whitefield, has travelled to Egypt in the hope of being reunited. She alleges her daughter A’ishah was kidnapped from a cafe in eastern Egypt in May by her father, Saber Mesbah Sabra Saber has denied the claim, but speaking to The Guide from Egypt, Leila says she has been told by the Egyptian authorities that they believe she is staying with Saber’s relatives. Leila flew out to the eastern city of Hurghada on Friday to press for legal and diplomatic action so she can get her daughter back. The embassy’s apparent reassurance is a welcome boost to Leila. She will hold a further meeting today with a view to being reunited with her daughter in the next few days. Leila said: “The Egyptian authorities say they know she is definitely in Egypt. “I have an appointment at the British Embassy in Cairo with the vice consul. It will take me six hours to get there by bus. “After that, I think the Egyptian police or Government can send someone to the house where they think A’ishah is to get her back. “I am very optimistic. But I can’t make assumptions that this will be resolved because if it falls through it’s very hard to get back up.” Since the tug-of-love issue came to public attention last month, Leila has received support from the cast of Coronation Street and hundreds of wellwishers — 214 of whom have joined a Facebook campaign group. She has also been backed by Bury South MP Ivan Lewis, a Foreign Office minister with special responsibility for the Middle East. Mr Lewis said: “Leila will be given as much help as she needs from the embassy during her stay in Egypt.” Leila added: “When I was on the flight, the crew from Thomas Cook showed their support by passing a picture of A’ishah around asking anyone who sees her to go to the police. “I am touched that the public and the press are so involved.” The Guide was unable to contact Saber Mesbah Sabra.
http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/4670669.New_hope_for_mother_in_search_for_daughter/

I AM SO HOPEFUL!!!!!!! Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 14 October, 2009 11:56 AM14. October 2009 11:56 AM

"She was last seen in Kafr el Sheikh, Sundella village in Egypt with her in laws, by the name of Mesbah."

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/aishah-sabra

Anyone from this area in here who could help?????

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 25 October, 2009 09:08 AM25. October 2009 09:08 AM

First success in fight for daughter

7:10am Sunday 25th October 2009

A DETERMINED mum has overcome the first of three legal hurdles in a bid to be reunited with her two-year-old daughter. Leila Sabra, aged 32, from Whitefield, is currently in Egypt locked in a custody battle with her ex-husband, Saber Mesbah Sabra, for their daughter A’ishah. A'ishah, who was born in Manchester, was allegedly snatched from a cafe in Egypt in May. The Egyptian authorities recently told Leila they believe A’ishah is with Saber’s relatives. According to Bury South MP Ivan Lewis, who is helping Leila, an Egyptian court has now recognised a document that states Leila has legal custody of A'ishah. Mr Lewis said: “That is the first of three hurdles overcome. “The next two could be resolved in the next week, but we are delving into the unknown, so it could take longer. “Once that process has been completed, Leila should be reunited with her daughter. “We are in constant contact and I am monitoring developments to see how we can move things forward.”

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/4699246.First_success_in_fight_for_daughter/ Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

Tigerlily Member Member # 3567 Rate Member posted 28 October, 2009 10:51 AM28. October 2009 10:51 AM

A step closer to finding missing A'ishah?

11:30am Wednesday 28th October 2009

LEILA Sabra will come a step closer to being reunited with her missing daughter today when the embassy issues an order for the state police to find the toddler. A’ishah, two, went missing in May while on holiday with Leila (pictured) and her Bournemouth grandmother Barbara Maas in the Egyptian resort of Hurghada. Leila claims A’ishah was taken by her father Saber Mesbah Sabra, but he insists he played no part in her disappearance and doesn’t know where she is. Leila returned to Egypt at the beginning of last month to find A’ishah and has had meetings with the Egyptian authorities. She said: “I am going to the court tomorrow to hopefully pick up a notice that enforces A’ishah to be with me. “It will be handed into the embassy and they will order the state police to start looking for A’ishah straight away. “I am hopeful. “This is what we have been working towards all this time. “I just feel like I have had so many promises I am frightened to get my hopes up. “But I have to have faith in the system.”

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4706332.A_step_closer_to_finding_missing_A_ishah_/We hope with you!!!!! Posts: 25856 | From: AISHAH SABRA was kidnapped in Egypt, please help to find her (see my profile)!! | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged |

Clear and QSY Member Member # 15597 Rate Member posted 29 October, 2009 04:48 AM29. October 2009 04:48 AM

I was wondering what was going on with her. I knew she was supposed to come back in October. You know it is really crappy that if the father said from the beginning that he did not have the girl that the police did not look for her anyway. Suppose it had been a stranger abduction and someone just randomly kidnapped her. It seems that the police were not interested in looking for her at all after the father said he does not have her? It would be even worse if it turned out to be true. Of course it is more likely that the father has her and the police know this. But still it is a very messed up system here.It is great that the embassy got involved to help her. Hopefully this sets a path for other women in the same situation. I know someone back in the States that this has happened to and she feels helpless. He took his son from the States after having someone else pose as her to apply for the boy's passport. They were divorced anyway, but he took the boy for his weekend visitation and fled the country. He did not even tell his current girlfriend that he was leaving. She knows for sure that her son is with the father and his family, but she has no money to hire a lawyer and the attitude towards her is "oh well there is nothing we can do for you". It would be great to see this British woman get her daughter back and the attitudes of the authorities to finally change.
Posts: 821 | From: http://www.onefleetingglimpse.com/ | Registered: Jul 2008 | IP: Logged |

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tug-of-love mum facing financial ruin

December 07, 2009

THE mother of a missing toddler is facing financial ruin as she battles to get her daughter back through the Egyptian courts.

Distraught Leila Sabra fears for the safety of her two-year-old daughter A'ishah who she says was snatched during a custody visit in May.

She has won the backing of a court which has overturned a ruling that the two-year-old could not leave Egypt.

And the family court in Cairo has also ordered police to find the tot and take her to her mother.

But police have so far failed to find the tot and Leila believes her ex-husband is hiding their daughter.

Now the 33-year-old is running out of cash.

Penniless

Friends have been donating cash to the penniless mum and hundreds of people have signed up to a Facebook group to support her.

Speaking from her Whitefield home on a brief trip back to the UK Leila said: “I have made real progress in Egypt since September, I have won some really important legal victories in the courts but I still have no idea what has happened to my little girl.

“It is as if I'm mourning her but it will never stop because I do not know what has happened to her, if she is safe, if she is being looked after properly.

“I need to be in Egypt to fight to get her back but I can't work while I'm there. My friends and family have been supporting me for eight months and I'm running out of money.”

Leila's legal team at GII Legal Services are working pro bono but she has spend hundreds of pounds in court fees, rent in Whitefield and Cairo.

Leila met ex-husband Saber Mesbah Sabra on holiday in Egypt in November 2005. The pair married but split shortly after A'ishah was born, agreeing the girl would live with her mum in Manchester but would visit Egypt once a year.

However, A'ishah was snatched from a cafe in Hurghada on May 16 when she was visiting her family.

Denial

Mr Sabra, who runs a business in the resort, has appeared on Egyptian TV denying knowledge of his daughter's whereabouts.

Leila's case is being backed by Bury South MP Ivan Lewis and she is receiving help from the British Embassy in Cairo.

But even if A'ishah is found the mum faces a further legal battle for permanent custody.

A Facebook group has been set up for A’ishah – Bring two year old A’ishah Sabra home – and people can donate funds via the group to the paypal account.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1185273_tugoflove_mum_facing_financial_ruin

Leila Sabra with her daughter Aishah

http://i35.tinypic.com/2upu4p2.jpg

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com