EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » what would you do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what would you do?
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
os an american tv show about odd situations kinda like candid camera.well i am watching it and this time its about a muslim actress going into a bakery.well the cashier is also an actor and he refused her service cas she was wearing a hajib and he says u aint american cas u are not dressed like an american.... they wanted to see what the public wouyld do in this situation. well the majority of the public said not a damn word.. kinda scary.if i walked into that situation i would have stood up for this poor woman.. u know in usa we have soooo many different religions and ethanictitys its not real. how can these white people. just hate someone cas they are not the same. its sicking;;how many of our muslim women here from usa and the uk have been hates for yr hajib??

http://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glassflower
Member # 17950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glassflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes...Id have to say something....and if he still refused Id buy it for her and then say I wouldnt be coming back to the bakery...
Posts: 314 | From: australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd ask to speak to the store manager and would take things further.Here in the uk muslim woman here wear hijab and there are no problems.Well i'm in london and have never see a muslim woman disrespected for wearing hijab here.

I first wore hijab back in 2005 and no one battered an eyelash and that was in the supermarket.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hijab does not hur my eyes but a niqab is indeed a pretty loud statement and in the West we do not like "loud" people who scream in our faces, or what? Even figuratively. It is like these women all go around constantly shouting - look at me I am a muslima, look at me, I give a (what?) about your feelings or ways in your country and I do what I (I) please. Everyone who has read at least a bit of psychology or mass communication should understand that.

So it is mostly just a case that it does come over as pretty impolite behaviour, very similar to if we all donned mini skirts and strap tops and went to the streets in Cairo like that. But we don't, do we? Because we kind of respect the ways here and at least meet them somewhat. While the niqabis unfortunately are not "meeting" our ways in our society. The case of hijabis is more ambivalent because shawls are a frequent decorative element anyway.

On the other hand what irritates me is that more and more I hear about muslimas who are not allowed to swim in hotel pools in the muslim swimwear they are wearing, even in Egypt! Now that is nonsense. I quite imagine someone has told those pool boys (who are not really graduate material mostly, or what) that clothes are unacceptable in the pool, and so these boys who could not tell a shoe from a sandal, when they see something that looks like "clothes" go and "do as told". I think swimwear should be swimwear, the more so if dive suits are allowed then why not burkinis. Real clothes another matter since they are probably dusty from street, sweaty etc.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have africans here where i live and indians from india. and i seen some were hajibs and at first i just stared and wondered how could they wear that. it would make me crazy to cover my hair.but then i was not raised as a muslim and taught to cover my hair either.and i wouldnt hate someone just cas they were them. look at these little old ladies from back then they always wore somethin to cover their hair.and they werent muslim....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com